You are not logged in.

Applications: [GameMaster: OPEN] | [Volunteer Testers: OPEN]

/!\ We have moved to a new board. Come join us. This board is now in "archive" (read-only mode). /!\

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, January 6th 2012, 2:18pm

s/m viable in later levels?

At the moment Im 26/23 m/s.

I'm enjoying playing the s/m side of it, cuz it can kite like crazy with nearly every skill being instant cast. I obviously have some problems with this class in caves and such when I can't kite easily.

My question is, does s/m remain viable in the later levels? I'm mostly playing this side of things just so my 2ndary can keep up with my mage primary. If s/m becomes terrible later on, should I just be doing quests on m and finishing on s and screw getting tp from mobs on the s side?

If this becomes good/stays ok later on, any suggestions on what skills I should keep up (keep in mind m/s is still going to be my main combo)

Friday, January 6th 2012, 10:12pm

Yea I was wondering the same thing atm im r.s.m 66/59/53

mnkmurphy885

Professional

Saturday, January 7th 2012, 3:21am

While waiting for someone authoritative to chime in with an intelligent reply, I'll say that I do know that s/m has a reputation as being difficult to play at endgame and the class is kind of looked-down-on. It is definitely not one of the "desirable" scout combos (s/wd, s/w, s/r). It might just be everyone's least favorite scout, although I don't think I've ever even seen a scout/druid.. so, yah.

Mage/scout on the other hand is a very desirable combo, as is mage/rogue (for Yolkes).

Scout/rogue used to be everyone's favorite scout, but that class has changed a lot, and it struggles for dps at times. It is viable at endgame, but rogue/scout has eclipsed it by far.

If you love the combo, it's entirely possible that you can make it work at endgame. It has two strikes going against it though; it's a hybrid (melee/magic) which makes it difficult to gear and/or means you end up with useless general skills and it's a scout, and scouts have been subject to two recent nerfs.

If you prefer to play classes which are "easier" or "popular" that class isn't for you. If you don't mind swimming against the current, go for it.
Formerly Fandreith, currently Fanndreith, 90 Hunter
World First solo Amboriar
Paz on mages: i have full and complete faith blizzard will keep us fail and balanced.

Saturday, January 7th 2012, 5:13am

S/M will be at the bottom of the DPS charts at end game. I know an end game scout that was S/Wdn/R dropped Warden to pick up Mage to test out S/M and his DPS dropped a lot compared to what he used to do.
Firetruck W/Wdn/S 72/72/72- Retired as well now...
Bangsalot K/S/R 70/70/68 - Retired
Heretic- Reni

FarmerTom

Professional

Sunday, January 29th 2012, 2:19am

s/m is most garbage class on servor.. who ever made the elites for it also should be shot. Reason being, all your mage moves on your scout side require magic attack, so now you have to decide.. stack pattack and suck at mage skills, or stack m attack and suck at all my scout moves. The two cant happen. m/s though goes the correct way, all the m/s elites actually require magic attack, which as a mage u obviously want. I tried it, leveled the mage side to 50 on my scout, realized it was stupidest mistake i ever done, and bought a fruit of forgetting. :)

xploid

Professional

Occupation: Confidential (All confidential Information Will be available soon to public)

Sunday, January 29th 2012, 5:34am

Quoted from "keymakr;499715"

If s/m becomes terrible later on, should I just be doing quests on m and finishing on s and screw getting tp from mobs on the s side?

UM what you can do here is just complete dailies on your scout and then do normal quests on mage, if you do em u get like 2.6m per day for your scout if u do Xavierra ones.

Friday, February 24th 2012, 2:59pm

PvP it's great because the elite buff increases the damage of piercing arrow and reflected shot by a VERY large amount because they're both in the same area of effect category as Ignite. The DPS isn't as high as a pure damage scout but gone with the wind accompanied with detect is a great PvP combo. It's also nice to be able to ditch all agro in an instance! People don't realize it but the damage of Ignite is based off of Patk the same way that R/M traps are. At lvl 50 the buff increases the damage of area of effect skills by nearly 30% if memory serves me correct. The best way to go on a S/M for PvP is just keep your Matk at complete base value and use silence and lightning to control the enemy as dictated by their class.

RoMage

rustyx is lame rogue

Mood: Unsure

Friday, February 24th 2012, 3:12pm

Quoted from "FarmerTom;506000"

s/m is most garbage class on servor.. who ever made the elites for it also should be shot. Reason being, all your mage moves on your scout side require magic attack, so now you have to decide.. stack pattack and suck at mage skills, or stack m attack and suck at all my scout moves. The two cant happen. m/s though goes the correct way, all the m/s elites actually require magic attack, which as a mage u obviously want. I tried it, leveled the mage side to 50 on my scout, realized it was stupidest mistake i ever done, and bought a fruit of forgetting. :)

That was smart decision... but a bit too soon.

I found that my whole class changed once I leveled to 65. Also, as this is game of gear, M/S sounds interesting as you can state more runes to lower aggro, and from what i heard even out DPS M/R or other combinations.

At the moment I am concentrating on farming TP, then probably will level my rogue side, but not sure what I will do with 3rd class. Scout sounds promising, but as well does priest. Knight was used as survival tool in earlier levels. :)

Amberwave

Intermediate

Friday, February 24th 2012, 10:42pm

S/M is a very good pvp scout. In PvP, Gone with the Wind make you invisible for 6 sec, along with a ranged root that does not break with damage, Lightning, you will immediately be tagged as HACX. As for PvE end game, it depends on who you are running with. If you guild does not have all the best geared people on the server, a S/M can be a welcome addition to a party. When we were first doing RT, we took a S/M for the extra cleanse to take the stress off the healer for the 3rd boss, it was easier for us that way than to take an extra healer. If you have an under geared tank, they tend to loose aggro as the fight goes on, Aggro Transfer will take care of that. Aggro Transfers special secret bonus is it allows you to kill gold spammers ;)
Ariés 87S/87Wd/87R/61M/33W/1D Truejustice 87 P/ 61 K/ 54 S

Illuminae

FarmerTom

Professional

Monday, February 27th 2012, 1:48am

yea but if your a scout your stacking pa not ma so your lighting is gonna suck, or any of your fire spells, if you stack ma, then all your scout (your main attacks) will suck but then lighting would be good, but if thats all your gonna use is lighting etc, you might as well me mage/scout or mage primary period. you get my point? its only class combo that elites and skills that transfer over werent really thought too well or they just made it jut to have the option and know its like an oxy-moron lol. yes m/s does work, cuz the elites it gives you use ma along with your regular attacks. s/m elites go opposite way and dont require pa at all which sux if ur a scout.
so maybe for rooting, aggro transfer, or cleanse no point in s/m. all you would be in siege is another target, i would overlook a s/m and go for bigger fish and save u for last :))