You are not logged in.

Applications: [GameMaster: OPEN] | [Volunteer Testers: OPEN]

/!\ We have moved to a new board. Come join us. This board is now in "archive" (read-only mode). /!\

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, February 28th 2012, 3:29am

Advice for P/S in PvP

I recently started my Priest/Scout class on Grimdal, and I need some advice. I'm not entirely sure how to go about playing this class. As far as skills go, I know you need Ice Blade, but thats about it. Here are a few questions I have. If you can add any details I would appreciate it.

1. How exactly does this class play in PvP. Is it more of a healer than DPS?

2. What weapons should a Priest/Scout be using? Wand and Shield, Staff, and should a bow always be equip?

3. What skills should most TP go into?

Any other advice please?

Tuesday, February 28th 2012, 11:14am

Always have a bow, doesn't really matter what bow, just a bow even an OD level 1 bow works fine. Statted, not tiered. You won't use it as a bow much if any.

Rising tied, that gains a percentage of your bow damage, but even with the best bow around it's a very small addition.
heals or dps depends on your stats and gear. mage gear and stats are better for dps, healer gear with mage stats give good heals and decent dps.

Critical things for P/s played as a damage priest are magic damage on the weapon, and your magic attack.
Int, MA, Stam, and wisdom are good stats.

The only skills use from scout side is Throat attack, wrist attack, and joint blow (sometimes vamp arrow in siege against gates)

Pretty much, till you get ice blade, you'll use every damage skill you have. Till you're 18, rising tide IS your damage, so keep that up. when you get embrace of the water spirit, keep that up too. Once you get ice blade, that will become your primary damage. But rising tide makes a great opener because it hits much harder than ice blade, IB just hits so much faster it's crazy.

Keep your heals, except 'Heal' itself and shields up too, you will need them. I keep pretty much everything on the general tab except for 'blessed spring water' leveled up.

Lemonater

Professional

Tuesday, February 28th 2012, 1:48pm

Refugee be correct, an me would liker ta add a few things. Don't be afraid o MA as a stat (unlike mages). We don't get a bonus in anyway by usin Int as a stat, so me thinketh tis better ter us MA instead (the only time it shows be iffn yer useres a Hero pot - an that amount be so small). As ter Curin Shot, keep that lvled up until lvl 50. After that it becomes a mana drain wit no much ter shower fer it (tho iffn yer hast tons o mana, feel free ter cap that baby out!). Iffn yer can afford it, get mage gears wit mage stats on it fer max DPS, an esp a mage staff (even UD be worthwhile, since the dura loss in siege be so small - hammer those babies), an get heals gear fer yer pve environment. Bows be stat sticks, an most o yer scout TP be worthless cept the dex addition, so keep that topped off (an yer bow speed buff). Me, I have gone wit heals gear an mage stats, wit a small amount o heal stats mixed in. Not the highest DPS, but still plenty dangerous.

Lemon

Tuesday, February 28th 2012, 7:17pm

Ok. Thank you guys for the advice. If I may ask though, what do you mean by Mage gear and Healer gear? I would prefer to have Healer gear with Mage stats. What exactly do I need from what to do this? I somewhat understand, but I don't really understand the equipment I should have for Healer gear with Mage stats. What is meant by Mage stats?

Auros

Professional

Mood: Mellow

Tuesday, February 28th 2012, 10:11pm

You don't have to worry about gear type until you start getting HoS gear. Then you will notice that sets like the Void set give bonus to heals and wisdom while the Bloody set gives bonuses to intelligence and magic attack. healer gear with mage stats would be something like the void gear with int/matt stats added to it.

Hospitaler3

Beginner

Occupation: Junior Assistant at a Theater. Not as fun as it sounds.

Tuesday, March 13th 2012, 1:29pm

...why am i not surprised that the only people that replied were Ice Blade spammers? Sheesh. p/s was my 1st class back in chapter 1, and to see it reduced to casual spamming of an attack. tsk tsk Any how, Id throw in Vamp Arrow and Bone Chill, more so if you jut got jumped. Together, BC and Vamp will do more damage then RT with out even trying (more so at lower lvls) And your not restricted to standing in one place. As far as the Ice Blade spaming goes, Make sure you have enough wisdom to maintain the mana needs. Anyways good luck. And dont lose your gear :P

Wednesday, March 14th 2012, 12:30am

Quoted from "Hospitaler3;516535"

...why am i not surprised that the only people that replied were Ice Blade spammers? Sheesh. p/s was my 1st class back in chapter 1, and to see it reduced to casual spamming of an attack. tsk tsk Any how, Id throw in Vamp Arrow and Bone Chill, more so if you jut got jumped. Together, BC and Vamp will do more damage then RT with out even trying (more so at lower lvls) And your not restricted to standing in one place. As far as the Ice Blade spaming goes, Make sure you have enough wisdom to maintain the mana needs. Anyways good luck. And dont lose your gear :P

P/s was also my first class, and I used every available skill, but I have to say things were very different back in chapter 1.
The other thing is that with both vamp arrow and bone chill at 60 there is little damage from them. vamp ticks at 1300 and bone chill at 4800 on mobs outside of kampel town. They can be good on long fights, but for most, you waste a good chunk of DPS by casting them.
I use BC after rising tide for opening a fight with a boss, and to keep a bleed going, but for the most part since about ch3, they aren't as critical in typical fights, and most often I only use them against gates in siege.

Wednesday, March 14th 2012, 2:13am

Quoted from "AbyssofSorrow;513485"

1. How exactly does this class play in PvP.

^ How you PvP with a P/S.

Formerly Catorii, D/S/M of Faction.

Wednesday, March 14th 2012, 3:58am

Quoted from "effervescent;516665"

you forgot tab
:)
Zymologist wl/ch/m/p
Matronmalice p/s/m
Ceviche wl/ch

Auros

Professional

Mood: Mellow

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 10:12pm

Quoted from "effervescent;516665"

If I did that I would be hitting them with my staff. :-)

turboreaper666

Intermediate

Wednesday, June 6th 2012, 3:15am

Since you really just started your P/S there really is only one answer.

By the time you get to a high enough level to kill someone in siege....you'll know the answer to your own question.

Until then....your pretty much just merits to someone.
Shadowlaw
Retired 07/2012

Winston

Intermediate

Friday, June 22nd 2012, 7:22pm

I think that Ice blade will be nerfed in the future because of its small cooldown. The point of having cooldowns with powerful skills is to induce a rotation of skills involving some level of skill. For example: Mage/Warden has the most and most powerful instants, but they all have decent cooldowns leading to a rotation. This is neccessary for stimulating gameplay. Now as a fully Tosh hard mode geared p/k ice blade is not a problem even from Vinz, but it is overpowerd in its pvp capabilities. (Granted soo many other classes need adjustments in siege)

Friday, June 22nd 2012, 9:19pm

Quoted from "Winston;540215"

I think that Ice blade will be nerfed in the future because of its small cooldown. The point of having cooldowns with powerful skills is to induce a rotation of skills involving some level of skill. For example: Mage/Warden has the most and most powerful instants, but they all have decent cooldowns leading to a rotation. This is neccessary for stimulating gameplay. Now as a fully Tosh hard mode geared p/k ice blade is not a problem even from Vinz, but it is overpowerd in its pvp capabilities. (Granted soo many other classes need adjustments in siege)

The problem with that line of though is that P/s does not have another powerful instant you can cycle through. Encouraging a rotation is great, if you have the skills that can be worked into a rotation.

not to spark another 'IB is OP' thread, But other classes have skills that are just as fast, just as long ranged, and cause just as much damage. Other classes that don't have a single skill that can be spammed, have several instants that can be rotated through to have the same effect

What's the difference between getting hit 4 times with ice blade, or getting hit with snipe, vamp arrow, wind arrow and shot? Or getting hit with flame,fireball,lightning, purge?
There is no difference between getting hit twice with the same skill or twice with two different skills. Two ice blades aren't any different than vamp arrow and wind blade, or fireball and rising tide by an M/p

Winston

Intermediate

Friday, June 22nd 2012, 11:11pm

True, I do not see much threat in it. If you have magic barrier on it becomes not as overpowered. This inherits complaints from people who do not run in parties in pvp that have priests. As I stated before, many other classes have insanely overpowered killing ability also. Ex: mage/warden, mage/druid, scout/rogue(stealth one shotting and never leaving stealth), etc. Hopefully with new elites they increase the cd and add more skills for a p/s rotation.
Character: Divineshield
Server: Artemis Guild: PewPewKittens
Class: 72P/72K/50S

Wednesday, June 27th 2012, 8:35pm

Just a quick question regarding Ice Blade, it has no effect from the weapon type you using correct? It is purely based off of your magic attack? If so what is better for PvP wand/shield since you can put extra stats on shield? Or go full t10 staff?

Friday, June 29th 2012, 7:28am

Quoted from "lotmorning;541639"

Just a quick question regarding Ice Blade, it has no effect from the weapon type you using correct? It is purely based off of your magic attack? If so what is better for PvP wand/shield since you can put extra stats on shield? Or go full t10 staff?

If you want to be one of the many annoying p/s's in siege you will need a high tiered staff ;) - it gives far more damage than a wand. Most damage is based around your actual damage, your attack is there to break through their defense. If i put my shackles on my priest/scout i go from an epic 6k crit (i know, healer gear is OP for damage) to around 20k, and thats with a large increase to mdam (6k to 10k) but little to matk.
Cammo (82 M/82 W/82 R) 116,147 unbuffed Matk :D (95k pa - r/m)
Livia (82 P/77 K/75 S) wisdom O.o wtf is that...
~~ retired - Thanks to gameforge for that. ~~

Saturday, June 30th 2012, 1:32am

Sadly I am not part of a guild that can run GC Hard or any of those for the top tier staffs, I was wondering what other staffs might be a good choice? I have the lvl 70 staff from new zone that was a quest reward and I also think I saw some new staffs in the ToSH mem shop (along with tia spike ect) are any of those worth getting and making T10?

L3g3nd

Professional

Saturday, June 30th 2012, 1:43am

Weapon - 2h staff, preferably t10 or higher, +16
Skills to NOT max (assuming you're dps) - Group Heal, Heal, Blessed Water Springs, Amp attack (because you're selfish), Rising Tide, and Chain of Light
Skills TO max - Ice blade (your primary dps skill), Grace of Life (keep it at least close to max), definitely max out Faith, and the skill that permanently increases water damage, your bubble is also a worthwhile skill as it will increase your PDef (elite skill)
PvP - As a P/S you have to be good at popping holy aura / immune food. You'll be a softie for the most part but you have ranged to your advantage. If you get popped by a rogue and aren't 1-hit, pop immune, circle strafe spamming Ice Blade. While your Holy Aura is on cool down, what could frequently save your life is Soul Source.
<Acet<Reni<92/87/55<R/S/Ward<
<"It's called Mad Rush + Fast feet + Spellweaver, not speed hacks."<

Saturday, June 30th 2012, 1:53am

Ya the skills I already got it working, but i did include amp attack, I am not too selfish :-) It just the weapon that I am currently deciding what to get. We currently have a Flux Flame in the AH but I'm sure by time all my stuff sells it be sold.

Saturday, June 30th 2012, 4:27am

Quoted from "lotmorning;542367"

Ya the skills I already got it working, but i did include amp attack, I am not too selfish :-) It just the weapon that I am currently deciding what to get. We currently have a Flux Flame in the AH but I'm sure by time all my stuff sells it be sold.

You can roll on the Hero's Two-Handed Staff. It gives far more damage than quest ones and also gives a nice healing power boost for those life saving heals (freaking rogues and their 20k dots with Vamp :() so basically an excellent choice if you cannot get Puppet Queen/Shackles of the Cursed Face.
Cammo (82 M/82 W/82 R) 116,147 unbuffed Matk :D (95k pa - r/m)
Livia (82 P/77 K/75 S) wisdom O.o wtf is that...
~~ retired - Thanks to gameforge for that. ~~