You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 7:55pm

Rune Growth

This is a good buff that I use often, but it lasts for 15 seconds and had a 15sec cd. I don't really see why I should have to buff after every 15 seconds. This should be a half hour long buff like a priest one or something longer like Forge. It is just really pointless and annoying to have to watch for it to run out

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 8:05pm

It gives us something to click on when we are not clicking on something else, lol.

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 8:32pm

Quoted from "Slaphappy03;562125"

It gives us something to click on when we are not clicking on something else, lol.

:p its annoying though

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 8:44pm

Quoted from "ChaosArmored;562130"

Nah it is not annoying, it is giving you that little more exercise with your finger, lol.

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 8:55pm

Quoted from "Slaphappy03;562137"

Nah it is not annoying, it is giving you that little more exercise with your finger, lol.

I don't need excercise
ChaosArmored has attached the following image:
  • 10xv6ur.jpg

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 9:07pm

I have my new profile picture, thank you

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 10:57pm

Quoted from "Slaphappy03;562155"

I have my new profile picture, thank you

xd :P

Amberwave

Intermediate

Thursday, August 2nd 2012, 1:01am

Quoted from "ChaosArmored;562130"

+1. What is the point of this. We are a tanking class and the buff should last long enough to effectively tank. I thought the knight buffs at 5 min were a pain.
Ariés 87S/87Wd/87R/61M/33W/1D Truejustice 87 P/ 61 K/ 54 S

Illuminae

Thursday, August 2nd 2012, 5:40pm

Seems like something that you build into a macro, at best.

Also, doesn't Rune Growth trigger global cooldown? If it does, then you have to ask the question "Is it worth it?" .. For normal mode, you'd have to test with and without rune growth in the macro. See which is higher DPS: Keeping Rune Growth up full time vs. just getting a few more attack skills. For shield form, if you can hold the agro while losing 1 attack skill every 15 sec, then sure use Rune Growth.

If Rune Growth doesn't trigger GCD, then holy c***! Put that in every macro!

Edit: To clarify, the macro I have in mind looks something like "if Chain Drive buff, cast Rune Pulse; elseif not Rune Growth buff, cast Rune Growth; else cast Shadowstab;" very pseudo-code, sorry. One of these days I'll put in the time to write the real thing. :(

Monday, August 13th 2012, 4:45pm

If they take the buff off of GCD then it would work fine.

Monday, August 13th 2012, 5:05pm

The buff should be a minimum 5 minute buff. I see no reason for any skill to ever last as long as it's cooldown. It's lame.
Server: Artemis Character: Akkio
Guild: PewPewKittens
Class: Warlock/Champion Level: 72/51

Monday, August 13th 2012, 8:22pm

Well, to try to put the positive spin on the current version as much as possible...

Things you can probably do with Rune Growth:
- Burst damage. Combine it with Berzerk, Caviar Sandwich and whatever other short term buffs/food/pots you can find.
- Shield form damage mitigation. Only when you can afford to lose a GCD every 15 secs. And only after setting up macros or scripts to trigger it.

The annoyance factor of a 15 sec buff is very high. Basically forced to macro/script in order to maybe get some actual value out of it. Which is why I've pretty much ignored it to date. Might get revisited at some point though.

TheMann64

Intermediate

Wednesday, August 15th 2012, 6:53pm

Quoted from "RhazeCain;562335"

Seems like something that you build into a macro, at best.

Also, doesn't Rune Growth trigger global cooldown? If it does, then you have to ask the question "Is it worth it?" .. For normal mode, you'd have to test with and without rune growth in the macro. See which is higher DPS: Keeping Rune Growth up full time vs. just getting a few more attack skills. For shield form, if you can hold the agro while losing 1 attack skill every 15 sec, then sure use Rune Growth.

If Rune Growth doesn't trigger GCD, then holy c***! Put that in every macro!

Edit: To clarify, the macro I have in mind looks something like "if Chain Drive buff, cast Rune Pulse; elseif not Rune Growth buff, cast Rune Growth; else cast Shadowstab;" very pseudo-code, sorry. One of these days I'll put in the time to write the real thing. :(

It's a buff that doesn't cost any energy, mana, rage, or focus. What it costs is a GCD every 15 seconds. That and having to remember to cast it every 15 seconds.

The dwarf classes are all about paying attention to what's going on (Rune Growth, Chain Drive for Champions; psi and constructs for Warlocks) rather than just building a good rotation. Personally, I like the new play style :).
Govinda
Guild: Theblacknights
Babesmann - Dwarfmann