You are not logged in.

Applications: [GameMaster: OPEN] | [Volunteer Testers: OPEN]

/!\ We have moved to a new board. Come join us. This board is now in "archive" (read-only mode). /!\

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, May 8th 2015, 10:55pm

Return of the Scout?

Is next level cap and zone the Return of the Scout?

This quote taken from Aqualink's Taborean Journal post

Quoted

Our hopes had risen with the recovery of our team mate and his newly
rediscovered passion for the art of the ranged weapons. I think we
might still see further into this land.
Then again I may just be trying(trolling) to get Cike's hopes up.
Atriedies 90/90/90/50 Rogue/Scout/Mage/Druid
Atrie 90/90/88/87/55 Champion/Rogue/Mage/Warrior/Priest

bleedingblak

I'm here to troll you

Mood: Crying

Saturday, May 9th 2015, 12:00am

100% troll.

Means w/wd and wd/w can now do ranged charged chops at twice the damage.

~Fly into the distance, disappear for awhile~

Cike

Rogue

Saturday, May 9th 2015, 12:25am

I had the same exact thought reading that...
my r/p can outdps r/m. your name is stupid.

mages should stack dex. word.

Saturday, May 9th 2015, 1:27am

obviously they are introducing guns, but the mob near him didn't even flinch so no buff :P
A real sysadmin knows how to change the time.
If you make the same mistake while trying to make up for the previous one, you are doing something wrong.

As much as I'd love to say I offer consulting services, the scope of things broken is too large.

aardvark3

Professional

Saturday, May 9th 2015, 1:50am

Just another mean spirited tease they love to inflict more pain on the people who struggle to play Scouts.

Saturday, May 9th 2015, 2:18am

Too bad for all the wd/w's now who can't use their chain gear when they reroll to scout. The rogues win again.

Saturday, May 9th 2015, 5:50am

What I thought when I read about ranged weapons: Rogues throw damage will be multiplied by their dex. ;)

bleedingblak

I'm here to troll you

Saturday, May 9th 2015, 7:14am

I just like to think this is a witty foreshadowing of scouts. BUT I'M PROBABLY WRONG AND I KNOW I SHOULDN'T BE THINKING SO POSITIVE. BUT GET LIBERATED. LIBERATE SCOUTS. SCOUT FIX INCOMING.

Cike

Rogue

Saturday, May 9th 2015, 7:31am

scouts getting fixed? they were OP in chapter 3.

half life 3 confirmed.

Saturday, May 9th 2015, 7:34am

Sounds like they will give scouts combo throw and throw rofl

ruisen2000

not a wallet warrior

Mood: Blink

Saturday, May 9th 2015, 8:27am

Sounds like they will give scouts combo throw and throw rofl
That would probably double scout DPS...
Noblewarrior
lv 98/98/89/60 M/W/P/K
Kikosi 98/50/60 Wl/Ch/M
the fail clothie tank~

Inactive

Saturday, May 9th 2015, 11:11am

obviously they are introducing guns, but the mob near him didn't even flinch so no buff
A new dwarf-only class that can use guns, will be OP of course to make everyone start all over. Fits RoM's M.O.

Mamn00n

Come at me Bro

Saturday, May 9th 2015, 8:09pm

scouts getting fixed? they were OP in chapter 3.

half life 3 confirmed.

this
Username: Mamnoony
Regardless of what you deem possible, you will Reap what you Sow.
:monster:

Countduke

Demonlord

Mood: Evil

Sunday, May 10th 2015, 1:14am

as a lvl 80 scout if they do something to op us scouts ill be happy about it :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ING: Countduke
Guild: Crush
Classes/lvls: S/P/R 100/47/48
Server: Aeterna (The best place to be)
I'm the Demonlord i will brain wash you so that you can do my every whim :missilelauncher:
:borg:

bleedingblak

I'm here to troll you

Sunday, May 10th 2015, 4:46am

gigilomann

XxXGigilomannXxX

Mood: Love

Sunday, May 10th 2015, 7:16am

any confirmation or all just trolling/speculation?
For you to live or die is in my hands, In Gigi we trust.

-"Retired as one of the best, Will always be remembered for KT, RT->RT Dia, and GCH"- -Palenque- -XxXGigilomannXxX- -P/K/S-

Sunday, May 10th 2015, 9:32am

I've been ruminating about this all day lol and I honestly wish they would leave scouts dead, mostly because of siege. I feel siege is way more interesting now with many melee classes--k/m, w/m, wd's, rogues--and I'm afraid most of these will disappear if scouts become strong again. In melee fighting you try to use all your skills whereas in range fighting you just shoot and kite. Also in melee fights the healers get pulled close so you have a chance to attack them, but with scouts shooting at each other from 200 ft away and the healers another 100 ft away, it's just less interesting, at least imo. Mages btw are different because they're squishier and they also have long cooldowns on their skills. Sure mages can kill anyone easily but they can't kill 5 people in a line the way an OP scout can.

I really hope this isn't true. All those memories of how much I hated scouts in siege have come back. lol

aardvark3

Professional

Sunday, May 10th 2015, 1:19pm

The reason people pick Scout is because they hate melee, The hacking and slashing at close range is meaningless. If you want that type of game please play Mortal Combat. Requiring everyone to play as melee character is just a total waste for many people. It totally eliminates team strategy and skill. The statement that mages are easier to kill than Scouts shows a total lack of understanding of the skills used in this game. The mage has many defensive skills including total immunity to damage for a short time and many stuns including group stuns during which they continue to do damage and the stun remains in effect The scout has no real defensive skills at all. The best they can do is lasso and that is only one player and vanishes as soon as anything happens. The Scouts have always been the most squishy class and that is the real problem when combined with the inability to do the lease dps of any combat class.

Cike

Rogue

Sunday, May 10th 2015, 4:31pm

radeon: obviously you have never player m/wdn in PvP. it plays exactly like a scout, but with more utility and defensive buffs. I have CD's on my main skills. 10, 15, and 6 seconds respectively. just spamming shot will not make a scout "win" in PvP. even s/wdn should be mixing in hidden peril, snipe, and CC, all 6+ second CD skills.

scouts simply have more. that being said, scouts can't burst in siege like other classes can.

buffing scouts will not make them OP, I don't understand how people think this. the only reason scouts appear strong in PvP now is the only scouts left have put more resources into their gear than average, just to keep up. many other classes can do a lot more for less.

there are 3 scout mains in my guild. I am the only one not trying to level another class for SW.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Cike" (May 10th 2015, 4:39pm)

Sunday, May 10th 2015, 5:52pm

s/wdn used to be king of SW, and everyone played it because it was so ridiculously OP. Buffing scouts so that they can keep up with other classes in instances WILL make them incredibly powerful in PvP.

That being said, this game is PvE 23 hours of the day, and I know Runewaker doesn't know how to balance for both, balance for PvE first.
Borella - 100 W/M/S/R/P/K
VVV
If you play P/K in instances you're garbage