You are not logged in.

Applications: [GameMaster: OPEN] | [Volunteer Testers: OPEN]

/!\ We have moved to a new board. Come join us. This board is now in "archive" (read-only mode). /!\

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Bakken

Professional

• "Bakken" started this thread

Friday, January 25th 2013, 5:13am

The Good Siege Thread

I figure enough people make individual threads to say good siege and discuss to make a thread for everyone that hopefully doesn't get buried quickly (that means no screaming HAX!)

Good siege heavensfury! Thanks for being cool Simeia and talking with me and don't worry about necra I understand the frustration, I really do lol

Kefkai

Professional

Friday, January 25th 2013, 5:18am

Kefkai has attached the following image:
  • idont.jpg
Guild Leader: Bloodlegion Server: Artemis
Characters: Kefkai R/S/Wd 75/75/72 Beepy D/Wd/W 77/77/72
Siege Videos and what not

camagic

Professional

Friday, January 25th 2013, 5:36am

congrats to beepy, a healer, for having a higher kill count than 1 iceblader, 2 r/s, and a w/wd.
95wd/95s/65d
server artemis
Please do not "class balanace" the tactics I use.

ruisen2000

not a wallet warrior

Mood: Blink

Friday, January 25th 2013, 6:18am

Quoted from "Bakken;586188"

Good siege heavensfury! Thanks for being cool Simeia and talking with me and don't worry about necra I understand the frustration, I really do lol

I can haz recording? :) Wasn't able to make it for siege :(
Noblewarrior
lv 98/98/89/60 M/W/P/K
Kikosi 98/50/60 Wl/Ch/M
the fail clothie tank~

Inactive

Bakken

Professional

Friday, January 25th 2013, 8:21pm

Quoted from "ruisen2000;586198"

I can haz recording? :) Wasn't able to make it for siege :(

I gotta clear up a few hundred gigs of footage before I can record again :(

I hope someone develops software that encodes while recording, would make my life a lot easier

HolyAnarchy

Intermediate

Mood: Smile

Friday, January 25th 2013, 9:29pm

Quoted from "Bakken;586188"

I figure enough people make individual threads to say good siege and discuss to make a thread for everyone that hopefully doesn't get buried quickly (that means no screaming HAX!)

Good siege back at you :o

Some of our members can be a bit excitable during siege so thanks for understanding :)
Holyanarchy - Guild Leader Heavensfury, Govinda Erebos

I could tell you what you want to hear, or I could tell you the truth... which do you prefer?

ruisen2000

not a wallet warrior

Saturday, January 26th 2013, 12:46am

Quoted from "HolyAnarchy;586282"

Some of our members can be a bit excitable during siege so thanks for understanding :)

Especially Holy :D

And great siege Disturbed. Boo P/S Zidlef :D
Noblewarrior
lv 98/98/89/60 M/W/P/K
Kikosi 98/50/60 Wl/Ch/M
the fail clothie tank~

Inactive

Mood: Love

Saturday, January 26th 2013, 6:03am

Well we tried , only had 8 to 10 active on and you 20 ;-( but we will meet again full force and see ;-0

It will more fun!! Good siege

K/P/S/M/W 98/98/98/98/98
Disturbed guild leader on mithras :thumbsup:
BTW i do live under a bridge, i am Green, i can dish it out as good as i get
There are no better server than Reni, best place to be!!!!!

Saturday, January 26th 2013, 6:10am

Quoted from "zidlef;586322"

Well we tried , only had 8 to 10 active on and you 20 ;-( but we will meet again full force and see ;-0

It will more fun!! Good siege

We spent the last couple nights getting pounded in siege (ask Bakken) good siege though zid, even though the siege server was a bit laggy. Can't wait to see the full guild next time!

Btw, this thread has now become the "good siege HF vs _____ thread."
Quaffy - 87 Mage/ 85 Priest/ 70 Scout (formerly one of the much hated P/S in PvP :()
Heavensfury, Govinda
KilledbyBorella February 15, 2012

Alecvisable

Intermediate

Saturday, January 26th 2013, 6:13am

if they link Thalia up to the US Sieges and crap (not that they will...) then get ready for some Porting Australians! Cuz we Lagg and we Port and we Kill you from over there!

ruisen2000

not a wallet warrior

Saturday, January 26th 2013, 6:33am

Quoted from "Alecvisable;586325"

if they link Thalia up to the US Sieges and crap (not that they will...) then get ready for some Porting Australians! Cuz we Lagg and we Port and we Kill you from over there!

And we'll be doing the same :cool: Seriously though, Us-US siege is horrifying enough. I popped physical immune and got killed by lowblow 1 second later. WTB better server farms.

(oh god, now half my guild is reading this thread, I have to watch what I'm posting then o.o)
Noblewarrior
lv 98/98/89/60 M/W/P/K
Kikosi 98/50/60 Wl/Ch/M
the fail clothie tank~

Inactive

Bakken

Professional

Monday, January 28th 2013, 2:35am

Quoted from "ruisen2000;586326"

And we'll be doing the same :cool: Seriously though, Us-US siege is horrifying enough. I popped physical immune and got killed by lowblow 1 second later. WTB better server farms.

(oh god, now half my guild is reading this, I have to watch what I'm posting then o.o)

I hate how the timing is unreliable on just about everything. Sometimes my shadow prison looks like it's only active for a single second and normally I'm lucky to get more then three.
Or fearless is supposed to last about as long as a tower cap and have had many enemies bubble cap when bubble starts right as they start taking it yet I've been on the 3rd tick and fearless runs out before it's capped...

flyingltj

Intermediate

Monday, January 28th 2013, 4:49am

Quoted from "Bakken;586469"

I hate how the timing is unreliable on just about everything. Sometimes my shadow prison looks like it's only active for a single second and normally I'm lucky to get more then three.

Diminishing effect of stuns applies to shadow prison as well. Thats not exactly ROM 101, but its still freshman year.

Quoted from "Bakken;586469"

Or fearless is supposed to last about as long as a tower cap and have had many enemies bubble cap when bubble starts right as they start taking it yet I've been on the 3rd tick and fearless runs out before it's capped...

There are elites that do this too.

... But discussing game dynamics & expressing frustration over them is not really in the spirit of this thread either :)
--- Phoneface

Kefkai

Professional

Monday, January 28th 2013, 5:06am

Quoted from "flyingltj;586476"

Diminishing effect of stuns applies to shadow prison as well. Thats not exactly ROM 101, but its still freshman year.

As far as I knew Shadow Prison was the only skill that had diminishing effects when spammed.

I mean when warriors spam all their knockdowns on me I have more problems getting stun-locked than when rogues think it's a good idea to SP spam.

Tuesday, January 29th 2013, 12:47pm

Quoted from "Kefkai;586477"

As far as I knew Shadow Prison was the only skill that had diminishing effects when spammed.

I mean when warriors spam all their knockdowns on me I have more problems getting stun-locked than when rogues think it's a good idea to SP spam.

Stuns dont have diminishing effects, iirc only shadow prison and numbing dagger (and its lvl 60 elite version) have diminishing effects.

Blasting cyclone, shout, discharge, etc do NOT have diminishing effects due to their cooldowns already limiting their use.

Good siege btw. Tell Ebi nice try and Elmago he almost got me :)

Ravesden, D/S/Wd 80/75/62
Retired. Click siggy for old RoM vids, among other things.

Kefkai

Professional

Tuesday, January 29th 2013, 5:33pm

Quoted from "Ravesden;586595"

Stuns dont have diminishing effects, iirc only shadow prison and numbing dagger (and its lvl 60 elite version) have diminishing effects.

Blasting cyclone, shout, discharge, etc do NOT have diminishing effects due to their cooldowns already limiting their use.

Good siege btw. Tell Ebi nice try and Elmago he almost got me :)

Good siege? o.o I was just screwin around the whole time, didn't even buff. I think Elma and Ebi were trying to make you guys waste Rice though so I don't know if they buffed at all.

We didn't quite have the geared numbers to fight back on that siege so my approach was just screw around, I should have gotten Kef on and done the same thing that they were doing though.

Also, thing about the warrior skills is W/K have a big advantage with that having their throw shield, I don't know if you can perma stun lock or not but it seems likely that you can for atleast an extended period of time.

Tuesday, January 29th 2013, 7:32pm

Drakenbakken talking about Shadow Prison not lasting... Remember that there are abilities that break stuns. And SP, since it's just one ability that lasts... 8 seconds? It's an easy thing to break. If it were an ability that quickly refreshed the stun, then it would be a different story (Charged Chop does that?). Everyone has access to the gloves to break it, and some classes have abilities as well (Ignore Pain warrior, Overrule champ, maybe more).

Not saying that's all that goes on, but could be a factor many times.

Tuesday, January 29th 2013, 8:06pm

Oh, and Good Siege to Cubalibre.

Even though it's about the 4th siege with roughly same result, you all had plenty of people willing to put up a fight, not give up, and had some modest successes. Also allowed me to set a new personal record for kill count, so I was happy about that. Hope you guys get a little stronger (not too much!) and we get matched up again.

Tuesday, January 29th 2013, 9:41pm

Quoted from "Kefkai;586651"

Good siege? o.o I was just screwin around the whole time, didn't even buff. I think Elma and Ebi were trying to make you guys waste Rice though so I don't know if they buffed at all.

We didn't quite have the geared numbers to fight back on that siege so my approach was just screw around, I should have gotten Kef on and done the same thing that they were doing though.

Also, thing about the warrior skills is W/K have a big advantage with that having their throw shield, I don't know if you can perma stun lock or not but it seems likely that you can for atleast an extended period of time.

Well, not very polite to say "That siege was boring, wish I would have died atleast once" :P

I don't feel like I ever "waste" egg rice unless the buff times out...which it did. So I guess you guys succeeded in that regard o.0 I have stacks and stacks left, so I'm not too worried about any individual siege in the nearby future draining my supply. Hell, sometimes I pop it just to check what my new buffed pdef would be xD

Ravesden, D/S/Wd 80/75/62
Retired. Click siggy for old RoM vids, among other things.

Kefkai

Professional

Wednesday, January 30th 2013, 2:38am

Quoted from "Ravesden;586720"

Well, not very polite to say "That siege was boring, wish I would have died atleast once" :P

I don't feel like I ever "waste" egg rice unless the buff times out...which it did. So I guess you guys succeeded in that regard o.0 I have stacks and stacks left, so I'm not too worried about any individual siege in the nearby future draining my supply. Hell, sometimes I pop it just to check what my new buffed pdef would be xD

Yeah I wish I had that kind of supply, hell I'd fight battles like that if I and my guild did. I use mine pretty sparingly, when the battle is close and stuff.

IF Gameforge decided to sell them I'd stock up on a ton (assuming they were fairly priced), it's dumb that when they did sell them, I wasn't around to be able to buy them since it was my break from RoM.

But yeah, my goal in sieges where winning is either unviable or not preferred regardless (if we won we would have gained a ton of points and had to lose a bunch of sieges to get to a level where it doesn't require everyone to show up every night) is to just troll the siege and make everyone waste their time on the opposite side.

Not that we could've won but it's fun to cockblock the opposing guild from destroying our gates.