You are not logged in.

Applications: [GameMaster: OPEN] | [Volunteer Testers: OPEN]

/!\ We have moved to a new board. Come join us. This board is now in "archive" (read-only mode). /!\

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Grimthar

GM Bughunter™ (DE&US)

• "Grimthar" started this thread

Tuesday, October 28th 2014, 3:13am

[Feedback/Discussion] SiegeWar Changes

There are a few changes in SiegeWar with Patch 6.1.2.2720/2722

Here some stuff about it:

New Values
  • Guards:
    • Guild Guard:
      • Level: 90
      • HP: ~1.9kk
      • Pdef/Mdef: ~100k
      • Atk: ~75k
      • Whitehit*: ~20k
    • Guild Guard Leader:
      • HP: ~27kk
      • Pdef/Mdef: ~500k
      • Atk: ~200k
      • Whitehit*: ~110k
    • Guild Honor Guard:
      • HP: ~27kk
      • Pdef/Mdef: ~186k
      • Atk: ~230k
      • Whitehit*: ~130k

• Gates:
    • Gate
      • Level 90
      • ~19kk HP
    • Main Fortress Gate
      • Level 90
      • ~26,5kk hp

• Buildings:
    • Level 90
    • ~13,7kk hp

• Siege Engines:
    • Level 90
    • Stage 1: ~16,5kk hp
    • Stage 2: ~21,7kk hp
    • Stage 3: ~27kk hp

• Other:
    • Floating Balloon Monster
      • Level 50
      • 12.548 HP
    • Drifting Baloon Monster
      • Level 90
      • ~106k HP
    • Honor Crystal Guard Tower
      • Level 90
      • ~27kk HP
      • Hit*: ~70k

*Values for level 87@100k def

Trolls, Flames and Offtopic will be removed
Stay constructive!
You want to be part of the tech-team?
Send your application to admins@runesofmagic.net

Cike

Rogue

Tuesday, October 28th 2014, 6:58pm

gate i think will be way too high for healing if everything else stays %-based.

that also works the other way though, as % based shields on gates will be near impossible to take down without % based damage.

all in all, gates will be come purely %-based fights, which, depending on your view, may be a good thing, or may be a bad thing.
my r/p can outdps r/m. your name is stupid.

mages should stack dex. word.

Tuesday, October 28th 2014, 8:32pm

agreed with Cike, no healer is going to be able to outheal the aoes anymore, even with a d/wd buff on it. will basically become who has the most alts(p/wl basically in sw will hold castle) so i would suggest scale the aoes to the new hp's or increase healing on gates or something so its possible to outheal.
99/99/99/99/99/99 W/WD/S/D/R/M

Cike

Rogue

Tuesday, October 28th 2014, 8:40pm

hopefully this makes siege engines useful...

heirienza

King of the Noobs

Tuesday, October 28th 2014, 8:55pm

Now that the HP on gates its raised, it will be even harder to dps gates down. That's nice to hear and all.... But as a healer, it was already difficult outhealing a couple scrolls and the herald Tornado skill without a champ/mage's High-Energy Barrier or the 60 elite d/wd modified Briar Shield. And I have the highest % boost to my heals out of all priest combos as a p/k. Please make heals more effective.
Reni
Mithras
Zerienga - 90/90 P/K
Téster - 95/61/60/45/45 CH/WL/R/P/M
Dontkillimascout - 90/61 WL/P

If you want to contact me quickly and efficiently, try the US IRC channel.
No, I don't know everything. I just use my knowledge to form educated guesses
And I listen when others say I am wrong in order to learn.

ruisen2000

not a wallet warrior

Mood: Blink

Tuesday, October 28th 2014, 9:03pm

I think the purpose is to relieve healers from the bprint task of healing gates. Also, C/M heb = good luck trying to kill that gate
Is guild guard leader HP supposed to be 2.7m not 27m? 2.7m seems a lot more reasonable... 27m is just way over the top...
Noblewarrior
lv 98/98/89/60 M/W/P/K
Kikosi 98/50/60 Wl/Ch/M
the fail clothie tank~

Inactive

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ruisen2000" (Oct 28th 2014, 9:11pm)

Tuesday, October 28th 2014, 9:20pm

27m is good for the larger guilds, but might make things much trickier for smaller ones.

You'll have to pop insturments, use your cooldowns/potions to kill them in a small group before your enemies can hurt you.

However, it makes ninja capping much harder (single rogue won't easily be able to clear the guards before capping). Also makes defending your towers much easier.

There are things designed for fighting npcs as well, some siege engines from arsenal do high damage to npcs. There's also buffs for increased damage to npcs. Perhaps those will be needed/useful for dealing with the stronger guards.
Rovie wd/w/s/
Fiddydamage c/r/wl/p/m
Corruption
Artemis
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvw3IXqDgHoaK0lHJnyqBJQ vids of stuff

Bakken

Professional

Tuesday, October 28th 2014, 9:23pm

lot of it looks pretty interesting but yeah if people thought botted barrier alts were happening before...
Please make it so all buffs/debuffs/bleeds work or no buffs/debuffs/bleeds work on gate.

bleedingblak

I'm here to troll you

Mood: Crying

Tuesday, October 28th 2014, 9:28pm

I'd like to see (if possible) old values of the current things.

Guess I'll be making siege engines tonight or something.

~Fly into the distance, disappear for awhile~

Needundead

Intermediate

Tuesday, October 28th 2014, 10:06pm

Guild Leader guard and Honor Guard having 27m HP..that can't be right.. Has anyone tested and made sure it is 2.7m and not 27m?

Cike

Rogue

Tuesday, October 28th 2014, 10:59pm

players EU side report it being ~25m(i assume simply rounding to easy number)...

this change as a whole may take healers out of the castle and move them to the towers...

Auros

Professional

Mood: Mellow

Tuesday, October 28th 2014, 11:46pm

Or, people will go back to the good old days of tank drawing guards away from tower while rogue takes it. Guess it will have to be Tank with Healer, idk...white hits for 130K..suppose I will find out.
Govinda P/W/K/M 100x4 :pump:
Wl/R/M/Ch 100x4 :borg:
Wd/W/S 100/100/100
W/M 100/100 Glass Cannon: oh gawd, not again :pinch: ... and numerous others Semi-retired :pillepalle:

Wednesday, October 29th 2014, 12:16am

Or, people will go back to the good old days of tank drawing guards away from tower while rogue takes it. Guess it will have to be Tank with Healer, idk...white hits for 130K..suppose I will find out.

agreed with Cike, no healer is going to be able to outheal the aoes anymore, even with a d/wd buff on it. will basically become who has the most alts(p/wl basically in sw will hold castle) so i would suggest scale the aoes to the new hp's or increase healing on gates or something so its possible to outheal.

I'm assuming you know that the warlock defense net skill 100% negates damage from scrolls/tornado for 5s. I used to use it all the time in siege to basically negate 2 scrolls worth of damage if timed correctly.

heirienza

King of the Noobs

Wednesday, October 29th 2014, 1:03am

People play warlocks?! When did this happen? D: I'm one of the rare few that do on Reni, at least. Besides, it doesn't complete negate magical damage except in PvE. In PvP you take 1 maybe 2 damage. I've tried it before. :P lol

It doesn't even matter that you can "basically" negate 2 scrolls worth of damage from one Defense Net. That just means 2 more scrolls after the effect ends. Won't change the fact that healers won't be able to outheal the scrolls and torn, anymore.
Reni
Mithras
Zerienga - 90/90 P/K

Wednesday, October 29th 2014, 1:24am

People play warlocks?! When did this happen? D: I'm one of the rare few that do on Reni, at least. Besides, it doesn't complete negate magical damage except in PvE. In PvP you take 1 maybe 2 damage. I've tried it before. :P lol

It doesn't even matter that you can "basically" negate 2 scrolls worth of damage from one Defense Net. That just means 2 more scrolls after the effect ends. Won't change the fact that healers won't be able to outheal the scrolls and torn, anymore.

It must have changed then because when I used to use it the gate never dropped from 100% hp. I've tested in in controlled testing and in live sieges, all with zero damage being shown.

I was also one of the very few who played a warlock from day 1.

heirienza

King of the Noobs

Wednesday, October 29th 2014, 1:31am

Weird. I just recently got a warlock toon up to cap and have been playing it, still need to finish gearing it, but it's a monster in sw if people aren't expecting it, lol. Used Defense Net in sw against a mage, and I was taking 1 damage. Says Immune though when I get hit by something magical in PvE.

I've also had a warlock since day 1. But I had been a week into the game when they were introduced, but eventually went back to my first toon and forgot about the warlock. When I got back to it, I learned that I didn't enjoy wl/m too much, so I left it at lvl 50. Just made a wl/p and it's been pretty fun to play.
Reni
Mithras
Zerienga - 90/90 P/K

Wednesday, October 29th 2014, 3:22am

So you thought siege was bad before... A m/wd in full burn did... 4% to the guild guard. That's right. 4% in 20 seconds, and were talking 125k Ma unbuffed and 100k HP. The big Guards aren't even feasably killable anymore. It took 10+ of us 7 minutes to take down 1 tower. Its like watching this guy fro 7 minutes :dash: All endgame gear btw... Towers just became bosses. I don't even know about gates or siege engines, because after how ridiculous they made towers, one of the core essentials, way to ridiculous to even try to take down without a ninja cap I left after 10 minutes. I'm done with siege until something gets nerfed. This isn't a rage post and I am thinking moderately clear. I'm just saying from my viewpoint... This is beyond stupid... Far far FARR beyond. :grumble:

Wednesday, October 29th 2014, 3:46am

Ofc I know def net works, but even healers should stand a chance to actually protect the gate. Having tons of alts in a castle is just impractical. But now its just going to be impossible to ever outheal unless you have buff alts inside, it was hard before even. And yeah these guards sound hilarious :D
99/99/99/99/99/99 W/WD/S/D/R/M

bleedingblak

I'm here to troll you

Mood: Crying

Wednesday, October 29th 2014, 4:03am

I love the changes.

Now defense towers need to have more HP.
Heals on gates are still high I think.
Siege war tanks DO NOT GET ANY BUFFS. No targeted buffs, no targeted heals, no buffs from towers. This should also apply to siege war buildings and gates. Tanks have their own healing skill, gates should also.

How I see it, this is how siege was intended to be played from the get go.

This also leads to ninja capping. Towers shouldn't be cappable if guild guards are still defending the tower. Honor guards shouldn't be able to be buffed either.

This also changed how to take towers, making knights viable. A knight to tank the guild guard (and honor guard) is something that may be necessary for all guilds.

As I said before, pulling the guards away and then capping the tower while the guards are still up should be fixed. Not being able to cap a tower while guards are still alive would be the solution.

Video of my first impression in the changed siege war:

~Fly into the distance, disappear for awhile~

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "bleedingblak" (Oct 29th 2014, 4:12am)

Tuulikki

International man of mystery

Wednesday, October 29th 2014, 4:12am

I won't lie, I was a bit skeptical at first, but I have to say I'm really liking the changes and so are the majority of guild members on two servers. A definite check in the win box GF/RW - keep up the good work :)
Titaia (100/100/55 M/P/K), Safia (100/100/75/60 K/P/W/S) - Badkitty
Vivecka (100/100/60 Wd/W/S), Tuulikki (100/100/84 Wd/W/S) - Unity
Vanora (100/70/70 D/Wd/S), Morz (100/100/83 R/S/Wd) - Aurora

Quote: "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken" - Oscar Wilde