You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Lifefire

Master Procrastinator

• "Lifefire" started this thread

Wednesday, January 8th 2014, 9:09pm

Modified D303Fix

D303fix was originally made by Dracula and has been rewritten by Me.

About
If you use D303Fix, have you ever found yourself annoyed that the clock is even a few minutes off, or maybe even a few seconds?. I have and thats why i have modified this addon, now you will be able to set the time forward or backward by hours, minutes, and seconds. Best of all the time offset that you put will no longer mess with the time that is set when the addon uses a screenshot to set the time..

New Features
- Easier access to the config menu by using the command... /D3
- Full overhaul to the config menu including a new look and a reorganized coding.
- Time set from the itemshop can be modified using the 3 manual adjustment options in the menu... hours/minutes/seconds.
- If you enable the option to "get the time from a screenshot when it can't get it from the itemshop" then the offsets will no longer mess up the screenshot time either.

Visit Lifefire's Collections to download it.
LifeFire - Eternal - Grimdal
Mage/Priest/Knight
82/82/82

Give a macro, Take a Macro
Lifefire's Collections

sman987

Trainee

Thursday, January 9th 2014, 12:38am

I downloaded the regular D303 fix yesterday and was instantly disappointed that the clock was not right, So Thank You So Much!!!!!!!! :beer: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :) :) ;)
Ironmansam -- 95/75/61 -- R/M/S
Miniiron -- 95/77/50/50 -- Ch/R/M/P
Tingtingthethird -- 95/72/60 -- D/Wrd/S
Firesvanity -- 95/60/76/50 -- K/M/W/P
And many more...
Heavensfury is kinda great I guess

Lifefire

Master Procrastinator

Thursday, January 9th 2014, 12:51am

not a problem at all, if by some chance you do encounter any errors with the new version please make a post here and ill get to work on it as soon as possible, also there is 1 issue i couldnt solve that was in the old D303Fix... sometimes upon clicking the reset button, it fails to scan the itemshop. i couldnt find what was causing it but i believe i was able to reduce the frequency that it would happen.
Mage/Priest/Knight
82/82/82

Lifefire's Collections

Lifefire

Master Procrastinator

Friday, January 17th 2014, 8:55pm

No one has reported any errors so... If you use this modified addon, have you run into any errors yet? Just doing a check to make sure everything is working as it should.

Also stay tuned to the addon thread because i will be releasing a new addon in a few days to a week!
Mage/Priest/Knight
82/82/82

Lifefire's Collections

bleedingblak

I'm here to troll you

Mood: Crying

Saturday, January 18th 2014, 6:54am

doesn't always give the correct time. have to enable screenshots.

~Fly into the distance, disappear for awhile~

erinprice69

Jean-Claude Van Damme's next wife

Mood: Cursing

Saturday, January 18th 2014, 6:56am

even after enabling screenshots it still gives the time off by 4 hrs. I've tried using the adjust part and it doesn't seem to matter which way i put it it still puts it so far off from where it started.
Faspee PewPewKittens
Reason #2934 why I shouldn't be on IRC:
( @Heron ) Bugreport: NPC saito doesn't give kittens - cannot continue questline

Lifefire

Master Procrastinator

Saturday, January 18th 2014, 8:07am

@BB, this new update may solve your problem. May not, if it doesnt then let me know and ill get more info about it from you.

@erin, i have corrected an error in the saved variables leftover from the original D303Fix and this should now solve your problem of the time offsets not functioning correctly.

Just use the link in my first post and and re-download the addon. it has been updated. If either of you are still having trouble with it setting the time correctly please let me know as soon as you can, thank you.

Almost forgot. When you first load the new addon the time may still be wrong. open the menu, click Save then Reset. and you should be good to go.
Mage/Priest/Knight
82/82/82

Lifefire's Collections

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Lifefire" (Jan 18th 2014, 8:15am)

Lifefire

Master Procrastinator

Monday, January 20th 2014, 12:48am

my newest addon will be delayed a few days for testing, if all goes well without any errors i will announce it soon.
Mage/Priest/Knight
82/82/82

Lifefire's Collections

hangman04

Savage Warrior

Mood: Smile

Monday, January 20th 2014, 11:30am

the SS method works just fine, but why does it SS every time i change zone? isn't a SS per login session enough?
Selfseeker - Savage warrior for life! :borg:

Lifefire

Master Procrastinator

Monday, January 20th 2014, 1:08pm

I myself havent come across that error yet, to make it easier to determine the cause so i can fix it quick for you, could you post your D303Fix settings for me so that i can attempt to cause the error on my client. ill be able to look into it when i get off work today, and if im able to reproduce it easily, ill have a fix for you tonight. thanks for letting me know about this.

EDIT -- I looked over the code and identified the problem, a piece of code from the original D303Fix is poorly written, it is regarding Auto Screenshot On Login and Loading screens, i will fix it as soon as i get home and ill let you know when the update is ready to be downloaded. ETA 6-7 hours.
Mage/Priest/Knight
82/82/82

Lifefire's Collections

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Lifefire" (Jan 20th 2014, 3:11pm)

Lifefire

Master Procrastinator

Tuesday, January 21st 2014, 12:28am

As promised the update is now complete. Please read the following before downloading it...

IMPORTANT!
There is a chance you may have to re-setup your D303Fix settings.

NEW CHANGES
#1. If you use the setting "Scan Item Shop For Date and Time" it will override the setting "Screenshot on Login". That way you can have all the options enabled if you want to.

#2. If you use the setting "Screenshot on Login" and you have the setting "Scan Item Shop For Date and Time" turned off, it will take a Screenshot only 1 time per login session. The error in the original D303Fix that constantly took Screenshots has been found and fixed.

#3. If the addon is loaded with the setting "Scan Item Shop For Date and Time" turned on, then you disable it and enable "Screenshot Scanning" and "Screenshot on Login", it will automatically take a Screenshot upon saving to ensure the time is still correct. It will not take more than 1 Screenshot when you change the settings that way.

#4. Reset function is now more accurate and less prone to failing Item Shop Scanning. Also it will reset whichever function you got the time from, if it was "Scan Item Shop For Date and Time" then it will scan item shop again... if it was "Screenshot on Login" then it will take a new screen shot.

You can use the link in the first post in this thread to download the newest version my Modified D303Fix, enjoy.

if there are any further issues in the addon let me know and i'll fix those too.

:phatgrin:
Mage/Priest/Knight
82/82/82

Lifefire's Collections

bleedingblak

I'm here to troll you

Tuesday, January 21st 2014, 12:00pm

Scanning the itemshop has not worked for me. Have always needed to take a screenshot.

Lifefire

Master Procrastinator

Tuesday, January 21st 2014, 2:29pm

Item Shop scanning can only set the time if there is an item on sale that will expire at some point, it cant pull them time off the permanent items because they dont have a time that updates on them, its just a fixed time and date the item was added to the item shop.

If you mean that it never ever has set the time from the item shop even when there is a sale going.. 2 questions.. Do you have "Item Shop Scanning" enabled? Are you getting any bug errors?

- If not try turning it on, clicking save then restart the game to make sure it stays saved permanently

- If its already on then i need a screenshot of your chat window as soon as you log in and item shop scanning fails (as much of your chat window as possible

- If you are getting bug errors, i need a screenshot of every error you have when you log (after scanning item shop fails)

the screenshots of your chat window will show me some of the addons that load, plus the messages you get from D303Fix.
the screenshots of every bug error will tell me why its not working and if its because of D303Fix or another addon that loaded.

if you want you can just email them to me that way i can look them over while im at work... thanks.
Mage/Priest/Knight
82/82/82

Lifefire's Collections

bleedingblak

I'm here to troll you

Tuesday, January 21st 2014, 2:48pm

Probably never an item on sale. I'm just stupid ^^

Lifefire

Master Procrastinator

Tuesday, January 21st 2014, 9:09pm

Here is what my settings look like since im on the east coast (other time zones probably use different time adjustments) explanations of each setting i use will be below the image...

Scan Itemshop for Date and time = Enabled... (will scan the itemshop for any sale items, if it finds one it will extract the time and date from it)

Hours = -1... (itemshop sales are still using Daylight Savings Time (DST is when all clocks move forward 1 hour), but when its actually DST on march 14 this year i will set my Hours back to "0"... * (thats the reason my hours is set to " -1 " for now.) *

Minutes = -1... (sale items always seem to start a minute early so i adjust my clock for that)

Seconds = -27... (same reason as minutes)

Enable Screenshot Scanning = Enabled... (date and time set from screenshot * THIS SETTING MUST BE ENABLED * to use either of the next 2 settings)

Scan Screenshot in ItemShop Scan Fails = Enabled... (takes a screenshot to get date and time if there are no itemshop sale items found)

Scan Screenshot on login = Disabled... (if Enabled it will take a screenshot on login if the setting "Scan Itemshop for Date and time" = Disabled)
Mage/Priest/Knight
82/82/82

Lifefire's Collections

hangman04

Savage Warrior

Mood: Smile

Wednesday, January 29th 2014, 5:40pm

Thanks. Btw as a principle, why do u keep the IS scan option around since it works rarely (u need some kind of promo), the time may not be relevant since is the server time not your local time and ss method seems to be error proof. ? :)
Selfseeker - Savage warrior for life! :borg:

Lifefire

Master Procrastinator

Wednesday, January 29th 2014, 8:10pm

I keep it around mainly because if the time can be set using a promo item then some people prefer it that way instead of taking a new 5MB screenshot every time they log in, even when there is an alternative way to get the time. Also by using the Time adjustment settings for Itemshop scanning, you can set the clock to be exactly the same as your local clock everytime for Itemshop scanning.

I would say on average for myself i take maybe 2-3 screenshots a week since i usually dont have time to log in until around 3-4pm eastern time, so for people that usually dont log in til after a sale is going it is a useful feature.

Friday-Monday is also 4 days of no screenshots from the time the weekend sale begins to when it ends.

So by using Itemshop Scanning, instead of taking at least a minimum of 1 screenshot per day that i log in, i take a screenshot only when it cant get the time from the Itemshop. In the end it means that screenshots dont hoard my hard drive's space and i dont have to clean out my screenshots folder as often either.

...* By local clock i mean, clock times such as Home/Pc/Laptop/CellPhone or any real world time you want.
Mage/Priest/Knight
82/82/82

Lifefire's Collections

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Lifefire" (Jan 29th 2014, 8:16pm)