You are not logged in.

Mrpushpop

Master of the Storyteller

• "Mrpushpop" started this thread

Mood: Mellow

Thursday, April 3rd 2014, 8:22pm

Warlock/Mage Diyce going to quick

So recently I have noticed a problem as I continue my never ending ways to squeeze more damage out.

The problem with my Wl/Mage DIYCE currently reads:

if enemy then
Skill2 = {
{ name = "Willpower Blade", use = ((PsiPoints == 6) and (not pbuffs["Willpower Blade"])) },
{ name = "Ruthless Judgment", use = ((PsiPoints >= 6) and (thealth <.20) and (not pbuffs["Ruthless Judgment"]) and (pbuffs["Willpower Blade"])) },
{ name = "Flaming Heart Strike", use = ((PsiPoints > 0) and (pbuffs["Willpower Blade"])) },
{ name = "Soul Brand Sting", use = ((PsiPoints > 0) and (pbuffs["Willpower Blade"])) },
ETC

Now the problem: Soul Brand Sting resets Flaming Heart Strike but the game needs to wait for GCD of soul brand sting to reset it. So when I am burning through this Diyce is seeing FHS isn't up yet and casting back to back Soul Brand Stings. At the end of a boss fight my scruit reads something like 17 SBS cast, 9 FHS cast. IF it was all done correctly it should have more FHS than SBS. When I manually cast these skills the rotation goes by too slow. My first thought was to put a wait time in but I was afraid that would slow it down too much. Anyone have ideas?
Warlock/Mage - Fully Retired from ROM... Just a forum junky

Peryl

Intermediate

Thursday, April 3rd 2014, 9:01pm

IIRC, you may need to add a timer to this so as to simulate the cooldown. Alternatively, you could do a custom check for the CD in the use clause.
2013... The year from hell....

ghostwolf82

Professional

Friday, April 4th 2014, 6:38am

I was using a g_lastaction call to make sure it worked properly when I was playing warlock/mage.

AddOn: DIY Combat Engine v2 AddOn: Auto Ding
Reni - Malkira
Warlock Guide
Retired from RoM with patch 6.1.0

Friday, April 4th 2014, 8:41pm

So recently I have noticed a problem as I continue my never ending ways to squeeze more damage out.

The problem with my Wl/Mage DIYCE currently reads:

if enemy then
Skill2 = {
{ name = "Willpower Blade", use = ((PsiPoints == 6) and (not pbuffs["Willpower Blade"])) },
{ name = "Ruthless Judgment", use = ((PsiPoints >= 6) and (thealth <.20) and (not pbuffs["Ruthless Judgment"]) and (pbuffs["Willpower Blade"])) },
{ name = "Flaming Heart Strike", use = ((PsiPoints > 0) and (pbuffs["Willpower Blade"])) },
{ name = "Soul Brand Sting", use = ((PsiPoints > 0) and (pbuffs["Willpower Blade"])) },
ETC

Now the problem: Soul Brand Sting resets Flaming Heart Strike but the game needs to wait for GCD of soul brand sting to reset it. So when I am burning through this Diyce is seeing FHS isn't up yet and casting back to back Soul Brand Stings. At the end of a boss fight my scruit reads something like 17 SBS cast, 9 FHS cast. IF it was all done correctly it should have more FHS than SBS. When I manually cast these skills the rotation goes by too slow. My first thought was to put a wait time in but I was afraid that would slow it down too much. Anyone have ideas?

FHS is an instant that triggers GCD
SBS is a casted skill of 1sec cast

due to cast speed buffs SBS cast time is reduced and is not 1sec. so after the cast of SBS, theGCD (triggered by FHS) isnt finished yet.

now lets simulate the procedure:

- FHS > GCD triggered
- SBS (casted skill so unaffected by GCD and also doesnt re-trigger GCD)
- [..normally u should see FHS here but..] SBS since GCD isnt off yet since 1sec hasnt yet passed due to reduced casted time of SBS. so casts SBS again
- FHS > GCD triggered
- and the story goes on

that is the reason why u get exactly SBS = 2x FHS

as the diyce creator already has posted u need g_lastaction to perfectly time them. so that u cast SBS -only- if u previously casted FHS, in order to avoid sequential casts of SBS.

hope it helps,
Fin