You are not logged in.

Applications: [GameMaster: OPEN] | [Volunteer Testers: OPEN]

/!\ We have moved to a new board. Come join us. This board is now in "archive" (read-only mode). /!\

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, April 11th 2015, 8:32pm

macro to interrupt/stop your own cast?

Is it possible to stop/interrupt your own cast from a macro?

I have an "oh s**t!" skill, which I have to cast right away if target is doing a specific thing. But if I am in the middle of my own cast I cannot do this.

I could e.g. move before casting the skill, but ... I'm a noob and I keep forgetting. :P I would really like to have a macro which would interrupt my own cast (if any) and then cast the important "oh s**t!" skill. Is it possible?

Actual story:

Spoiler Spoiler

I have a 90/81 D/S alt. I thought I should be able to solo ZS. I dirty-stated for him some quest gear with matt bag stats. He has now 53k matt UB, a Song of the Miserable End +16 t11 (7400 mdmg). And ... I was not able to go through the first boss, not even once.

I've tried like 15 times... I am trying to interrupt his spider-web skill, and with this I was able to get him down to about 16%. But at the end I always get stunned. I'm not sure, but I think the reason was that I forgot to move (I know, I'm a noob :P) and that's why the interrupts did not work.

I'll try again tonight, but a macro which would interrupt my cast, and therefore guarantee to cast Throat Attack or Binding Silence would help a lot...

PS: Maybe I found it: I'll try to use

Source code

/script MoveForwardStart();
/wait .1
/script MoveForwardStop();

- I'll try it later and let you know if it worked.
>>>> >>>> >>>>
>>>>
>>>> Please, bring back (bound if there is no other option) dias to AH! :thumbsup:
>>>> If you do this we will all love you forever. ;)
>>>>
>>>> >>>> >>>>

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Uure" (Apr 11th 2015, 8:58pm)

bleedingblak

I'm here to troll you

Mood: Crying

Saturday, April 11th 2015, 9:31pm

Even better

Source code

/wait .01

If you wanna see an example of when I'm a super lazy healer

Source code

/run if (UnitHealth("target")/UnitMaxHealth("target"))<=.99 then MoveForwardStop();CastSpellByName("Urgent Heal"); else FollowUnit("focus1") end

~Fly into the distance, disappear for awhile~

Sunday, April 12th 2015, 6:46pm

Hmm, with "/wait .01" it didn't work for me. With "/wait .05" it works almost always, but not always... I'll stick to ".1"... Maybe I lag more than you do.

In this particular case: I have "Binding Silence" on actionbar 9 and the full "interrupt" macro is:

Source code

/wait .1
/wait .1
/script if (GetActionUsable(9)) then CastSpellByName("Binding Silence") else CastSpellByName("Throat Attack") end

With this I did the first boss in ZS on a D/S for the first time :). The only thing was that I had to stand really close to the boss (I suppose: so that Throat Attack worked right away without walking towards the boss).
>>>> >>>> >>>>
>>>>
>>>> Please, bring back (bound if there is no other option) dias to AH! :thumbsup:
>>>> If you do this we will all love you forever. ;)
>>>>
>>>> >>>> >>>>