You are not logged in.

Rougetopriest

Professional

• "Rougetopriest" started this thread

Mood: Squint

Thursday, November 12th 2015, 11:39am

Battlefield Entry Addon

Just a simple continuation of the thread that was just closed for being very far off topic.

I'd like to see a addon that can simply auto-enter a arena for you, the same way you can auto trade merits in siege or auto accept a party invite. Just a simply alteration to any of those addons would be nice. :)

Looking for this so I do not have to tab through all of my clients and push enter arena on each of them when it opens as I only fight on the main toon anyway and would rather have the clients be left minimized to reduce lag. Thank you in advance.

(ps- so this doesn't get lcosed again if you wish to discuss bugs or problems found in the Arcanium Arena I may have some answers you are looking for from testing if you open a separate thread about it.)
Siege War Videos :)

Semi-Retired

~Zen

Thursday, November 12th 2015, 2:39pm

It can't be done. Simple as that. A query to a database is sent behind the scenes, and whenever you enter or leave a battlefield, this query comes back with results scattered. To further make this troublesome there is no :GetText(); method for the frames that hold the information. Thus you can visibly see which button to click, but in code, its near impossible to distinguish. To further the issue this isn't possible given the execution context we have. Somethings can only be done through a user click, and clicking of the actual frame is one of them. You may be able to macro a few things, but an entire looped addon isn't possible. An automated process could be established, if we could have acess to the results the query returned, and through third party software, but we dont' and that's illegal, respectively. So there are too many obstacles in the way. Battlefields were coded back in chapter 1. They are designed, thoroughly by the original team. The original team was very thorough in their security, for most things at least.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ftwoplay" (Nov 12th 2015, 2:49pm)

Thursday, November 12th 2015, 4:26pm

I wrote three macros: to join, enter and exit the battlefield. (Yes it's posible and easy to make)
They examine the current situation and respond to it with appropriate action.

But they need to be executed by player with buttom press or mouse click.

And because of that i don't share this macros.

It's to easy to go from simple macro to proper bot.

The solution is always closer than you think.
This post has already been reported.

Rougetopriest

Professional

• "Rougetopriest" started this thread

Mood: Squint

Thursday, November 12th 2015, 7:04pm

Thanks for the info, I didn't realize the windows that display enter battle and hide, and accept trade and decline would be so different :<
Siege War Videos :)

Semi-Retired

~Zen