You are not logged in.

Applications: [GameMaster: OPEN] | [Volunteer Testers: OPEN]

/!\ We have moved to a new board. Come join us. This board is now in "archive" (read-only mode). /!\

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, March 17th 2015, 6:14pm

[Collection thread] Thinking of returning / Worthwhile?

Returning player with a few general questions

Hey everyone,

Just as a quick background, I used to play RoM pretty regularly a couple years back. I stopped playing shortly after the release of chapter 4 I believe. Anyway, as someone interested in getting back into the game, I have a couple questions.

First, which server is most populated? I tried playing about a year ago and found that my old server (Govinda I think?) was practically dead. Are there any that are still somewhat active and have friendly guilds to join?

In the same sense, is it possible to find any other lower level players that will be able to help me through instances like NoM and FA while im leveling?

And finally, what is the max level and how many instances have been added since? When I quit the highest level instance was Grafu and Sardos Castle. I personally only made it to Rakshas Temple and Kawaks Tomb, but if its possible to even level up with other players now, I'd love to get back into the grind.

Thanks in advance for anyone who answers!

Zerienga

King of the Noobs

Tuesday, March 17th 2015, 7:12pm

There is a coming merge sometime this year (AU should merge by the end of Q1 this year if they keep to their schedule), and Govinda and Artemis are going to be the two remaining servers. I'm not sure about the population with Govinda, but it probably has a decent population if it's going to be one of the remaining servers. If you were to start a new char on a different server than Govinda, I would choose Artemis. The level cap is 90 now, them having added Tomb of the Seven Heroes (70), Aeternal Circle (72), Kulech Bones Nest (75), Chaos Vortex (72+), Castle of Bedim (77), Bethomia (80), Belathis Fortress (82), Grotto of Horrors (85), Pillars of Morfan (87), Hall of Earth (87+ - Revamp of Origin), Hall of Water (90+ - Revamp of Heart of the Ocean), and Crypt of Eternity (90). We are due to get Hall of Fire (?? - remake of Lair of the Demon Dragon), and Hall of Chaos (?? - remake of Chaos Vortex). All of the "Hall" instances give mats to create epic instance gear, such as an improved Aoth accessory version from Hall of Earth, and extremely powerful weapons from Hall of Chaos that have amazing physical damage or magical damage, as well as very good crit boosts on them.
Reni
Mithras
Zerienga - 90/90 P/K
Téster - 95/61/60/45/45 CH/WL/R/P/M
Dontkillimascout - 90/61 WL/P

If you want to contact me quickly and efficiently, try the US IRC channel.
No, I don't know everything. I just use my knowledge to form educated guesses
And I listen when others say I am wrong in order to learn.

michele19

Intermediate

Mood: Smile

Tuesday, March 17th 2015, 10:14pm

First, which server is most populated? I tried playing about a year ago and found that my old server (Govinda I think?) was practically dead. Are there any that are still somewhat active and have friendly guilds to join?

In the same sense, is it possible to find any other lower level players that will be able to help me through instances like NoM and FA while im leveling?
Govinda is not dead but if you were in an inactive guild it may have seemed that way. There are quite a few active guilds on Govinda, from siege only to end game.

If you are coming back to Govinda be sure to join the server chat/trade channel. You can join by typing ----> /join world <------
Without the arrows of course lol

As for low levels... there is an xp/tp event going on now as well as daily freebies! This is actually a great time to return. :)

Holyanarchy - Guild Leader Heavensfury, Govinda Erebos

I could tell you what you want to hear, or I could tell you the truth... which do you prefer?

Tuesday, March 31st 2015, 8:54pm

Haven't played in years

Last time I played was about 4 years ago or more, I don't remember exactly but there definitely wasn't like Champion or Warlock as a classes choice. I never really made it very far only reached 45 back then and I was a Rogue/Knight combo and I think the only reason I played it was supposedly it was OP according to a friend back then. Either way I left once a bunch of friends started to play more WOW and I joined them as well.

Now years later I am like super bored of WOW, most friends are married now so they are facing an elite boss at home so they can't play. I took a couple days to research games and it hit me that I should come back to the game but with a lesson learned.. "Play what you like and what is fun!" So here I am playing a Warden / Mage and the reason I picked it was because I like the pet classes in most MMO's and after looking
at the elite skills of most classes. I believe the fact that in makes my pets stronger through the elite skills just sounds like a fun combo to re-explore the world with. So I have been already playing the game for about 4 days or so and made it to level 16/16 but haven't meet anyone yet or been asked to join a guild. So if anyone is in Artemisa and is recruiting I could use one. (IGN: Petmancer)

I seen a thread on this combo and wanted to ask to make sure on Mage side I understand that it should only be taken to 50 because the other
elite makes my main attack on warden 3seconds rather than 1 or something along those lines? As well as for mage I only take silence and thunder as utility and nothing else is needed? One more question Elven prayer I have it at 10 and I am so hesitant to invest any more points, does this heal a bit better once maxed? just seems very lacking or perhaps I want too much ^^

One more thing is I want to say thanks for keeping this game alive and believe it or not making it a bit more friendly at lower levels. I have been slowly collecting pet eggs, the magic hormones drop at a nice rate and even the guild runes are enough to make any newcomer have a nice starting income flow. So in case anyone was like me 4-5 days ago hovering over the game and not sure whether to join or not I can tell you hands down that it is a lot better. I would say farm a bit and get a good amount of magic hormones and guild runes and sell them and once you have about 100k or so use some to buy like 20 traps and then hope u get lucky. Save money for later to maybe buy better gear but try the game its been a good time for me just missing a guild ^^

Rougetopriest

Professional

Mood: Squint

Tuesday, March 31st 2015, 9:58pm

I believe one of the bigger leveling guilds is Orion, however there are still a couple other guilds on Artemis as well whom may also enjoy welcoming a new player; Absolutezero, Valhallaguild, Tarrasque, Corruption, Whitesharks, Fractured, Theblacktower... Those are the guilds I see around mostly however there are also much smaller guilds that are very quite if that's your thing too ^.^

If you're looking to join any of these, a lot of these guilds have players in the Trade channel, and you can ask for invites to a guild there.

/join Trade

And welcome back to game of course! :D
(If you're looking to sell those magic hormones I'm your man ;) )
Siege War Videos :)

Semi-Retired

~Zen

Friday, April 3rd 2015, 6:41pm

Returning Player that has some questions.

I played a couple years ago and quit around the time they nerfed the P/S. I played as a W/Wd, C/R, and a P/S (i think) on palenque and artemis, wrote the guide on W/Wd still not sure if its there still lol. Anyway i was just wondering what kind of state the game is in? it was pretty bad when I left. Just wondering if its gotten any better. I only plan on playing casually when i have time. I tried to wade through all the different posts, threads and whatnot but got tired of reading, so if someone would be kind enough to summarize what i have missed it would be uber helpful. Thanks for any help you can give and maybe I'll see you ingame.
Darkpro Palenque (RETIRED)
Shortstackk C/R/Wl Artemis
Honor the dead, Fight like hell for the Living.

Rougetopriest

Professional

Saturday, April 4th 2015, 11:42am

I played a couple years ago and quit around the time they nerfed the P/S. I played as a W/Wd, C/R, and a P/S (i think) on palenque and artemis, wrote the guide on W/Wd still not sure if its there still lol. Anyway i was just wondering what kind of state the game is in? it was pretty bad when I left. Just wondering if its gotten any better. I only plan on playing casually when i have time. I tried to wade through all the different posts, threads and whatnot but got tired of reading, so if someone would be kind enough to summarize what i have missed it would be uber helpful. Thanks for any help you can give and maybe I'll see you ingame.
What have you missed? Well, new instances, new gear, skill changes, events... that kind of stuff that happens in a game :p

As for what is coming up? Proof of Myth event, server merges, and hopefully with that a slight rise in population as more old players come back to the good news.

Semi-Retired

~Zen

FarmerTom

Professional

Saturday, April 4th 2015, 1:05pm

too much to list that is new since you last played friend... how about signing in... and getting in game and finding out! :)
last week of garden event if you wanted to participate in that at all fyi.
Misguidedknight 72S/72K/70R Retired
Cerburus 100Wd/100S/100W/100R/100D/70M
Misguided 100CH/100R/100M/68WL/88P/52W
Sober 100K/60P/60W <-best toon name for anyone that knows me :)

Once proud co-leader of Exiled Demon Horde.
Been on multiple servors
Started playing around lvl 55 Cap...

Easycompany

Saturday, April 4th 2015, 4:15pm

Figured that was the case lol thanks though. Still downloading the game due to my very slow internet. Hopefully I'll be able to get in-game tomorrow. Last question which server is the "best" in terms of population and general awesomeness? Thanks again for your help.

gigilomann

XxXGigilomannXxX

Mood: Love

Saturday, April 4th 2015, 4:39pm

If the server merges go as planned and everything okay... big IF here it wont really matter which server has the best population. But I would assume Govinda and Artemis. Just because those are the servers they're using for the merges.
For you to live or die is in my hands, In Gigi we trust.

-"Retired as one of the best, Will always be remembered for KT, RT->RT Dia, and GCH"- -Palenque- -XxXGigilomannXxX- -P/K/S-

Saturday, April 4th 2015, 5:10pm

I feel like I've seen a lot of "I'm a returning player, can someone get me caught up in what has happened in the past X years?" posts pop up. Is there a chance where a small group of people could maybe just make a post detailing the major trends and happenings in RoM?

For example:
1. Server Merges: All the servers are being merged into the current top two most populated servers (Govinda and Artemis)
2. Current class 'balancing': Scouts still suck. Rogue/Mage and Warrior/Mage are considered the best. Mixed in with W/Wd and Wd/W. K/W is the main tank class. Buff alts are a thing. Oh and did I mention scouts are still awful?
3. Playing/keeping up with endgame still requires a lot of time and/or money investments.

Anything else? :P
Daikota: Warden / Rogue
Server: Govinda

Saturday, April 4th 2015, 9:53pm

Lol so basicly what your saying Ullion is nothings really changed. And thanks gigi for your input ill probably make a toon on both severs and just see which one i like the best.

thanks again

Rougetopriest

Professional

Sunday, April 5th 2015, 2:54am

I'd just like to point out that w/m and r/m are not considered the best however are still top dps classes yes. Best atm would be Wd/w and W/wd. Which I believe you said you were, so thats good ^.^

Semi-Retired

~Zen

Mamn00n

Come at me Bro

Mood: Crying

Sunday, April 5th 2015, 5:56am

As for what is coming up? Proof of Myth event,
I would just like to say that this is unlikely to happen >.>
Username: Mamnoony
Regardless of what you deem possible, you will Reap what you Sow.
:monster:

Monday, April 6th 2015, 8:26am

Thanks for all the replies. I just have one last question, I'm trying to decide between the W/Wd and C/R. i like both play styles and was wondering which is the best atm for leveling, PvE, and endgame stuff? thanks again

Monday, April 6th 2015, 1:38pm

W/WD is more seen in in game then CH/r. But as I understand it, both are viable DPS for endgame.
99/99/99/99/99/99 W/WD/S/D/R/M

aardvark3

Professional

Monday, April 6th 2015, 2:31pm

You have to be far more careful now when picking a class. The game has scaled badly with the new levels for characters, it increased the problems with every level the underpowered classes became more and more unplayable while the overpowered classes became more and more powerful.
Both those classes will work.

FarmerTom

Professional

Monday, April 6th 2015, 10:18pm

yea but at the same time.. there are also classes that people just havent really tried endgame yet orrrrrr not many have dabbled in yet to find out if OP or not too... i wouldve never thought a wd/m would keep up with a wd/w until i saw them do 20-30 mil with their pet doing 80 mil damage with like 3-4 mil sepal stabs ffs lol. :pillepalle:
All im saying is yes be somewhat selective on main class, but dont forget you got 6 classes you can have all on same toon, for where you can dabble and experiment with maybe something else you may love, like.
Misguidedknight 72S/72K/70R Retired
Cerburus 100Wd/100S/100W/100R/100D/70M
Misguided 100CH/100R/100M/68WL/88P/52W
Sober 100K/60P/60W <-best toon name for anyone that knows me :)

Once proud co-leader of Exiled Demon Horde.
Been on multiple servors
Started playing around lvl 55 Cap...

Easycompany

Tuesday, April 7th 2015, 6:22am

HOLD UP! SIX WHAT??? HOW?

Zerienga

King of the Noobs

Tuesday, April 7th 2015, 6:31am

They sometimes have a promo sale to buy a ticket that expands your maximum classes by one. If you get that ticket 3 times, you can get all the classes for the race you chose.
Reni
Mithras
Zerienga - 90/90 P/K
Téster - 95/61/60/45/45 CH/WL/R/P/M
Dontkillimascout - 90/61 WL/P

If you want to contact me quickly and efficiently, try the US IRC channel.
No, I don't know everything. I just use my knowledge to form educated guesses
And I listen when others say I am wrong in order to learn.