You are not logged in.

Applications: [GameMaster: OPEN] | [Volunteer Testers: OPEN]

/!\ We have moved to a new board. Come join us. This board is now in "archive" (read-only mode). /!\

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, August 24th 2012, 5:51am

Guild Search

I hate to post this, given that I'm already in a guild, but ...

- I can't get raidcall to work, not even to listen
- I expect I'd have the same issue with teamspeak
- I'm tired of having no clue what's going on in SW, and hearing crickets on the guild chat channel. (They're all on raidcall.)
- I'd really really appreciate being in a guild where I'd get to learn more about the game - pretty difficult when no one's talking anywhere I can hear them.
- AFAICT, no one in my guild ever runs instances. (Maybe they run high level instances and organize them on raidcall.) I can pretty easily get someone to take my character through an instance to accomplish the quests, with them using an OP level 72 and me just following behind. But I can't learn how to handle instances that way. I'm not looking forward to hitting some magic level, finally getting invited to instances - and not having a clue how to play my character (a DPS) in a party

My primary character is Wd 39/S 45/R 45. Yes, I know that's backwards - I don't do quests on my primary class on bonus exp weekends, and this imbalance resulted. Doing dailies in COO (Xaviera soon) is setting that right, but at a cost of making the normal quest lines boring. (I'm about 2 levels over what I'd be if I'd stayed in Harf for dailies as well as regular questing.)

Playing solo as I do, and not being part priest, I'd be unhappy without guild buff towers, particularly the one that raises my HP and MP. (Yes, I do have two housekeepers. But the guild buffs are better, and in any case they are cumulative.)

I'm fine with adults-only guilds, but so far haven't found the kind of players on Reni that would make me insist on being in such a guild ;-)

[Edited to correct my primary class. I'm a warden not a warrior ;-)]

CROMI80

Intermediate

Friday, August 24th 2012, 6:17am

Wanna reroll to OSHA? We will be happy to add you into guild :)
~Know no limit to unleash the untap potential in yourself
看的懂的人请来osha联络我。Leogolas

Kefkai

Professional

Friday, August 24th 2012, 6:22am

Quoted from "kobnach;566117"

I hate to post this, given that I'm already in a guild, but ...

- I can't get raidcall to work, not even to listen
- I expect I'd have the same issue with teamspeak
- I'm tired of having no clue what's going on in SW, and hearing crickets on the guild chat channel. (They're all on raidcall.)
- I'd really really appreciate being in a guild where I'd get to learn more about the game - pretty difficult when no one's talking anywhere I can hear them.
- AFAICT, no one in my guild ever runs instances. (Maybe they run high level instances and organize them on raidcall.) I can pretty easily get someone to take my character through an instance to accomplish the quests, with them using an OP level 72 and me just following behind. But I can't learn how to handle instances that way. I'm not looking forward to hitting some magic level, finally getting invited to instances - and not having a clue how to play my character (a DPS) in a party

My primary character is W 39/S 45/R 45. Yes, I know that's backwards - I don't do quests on my primary class on bonus exp weekends, and this imbalance resulted. Doing dailies in COO (Xaviera soon) is setting that right, but at a cost of making the normal quest lines boring. (I'm about 2 levels over what I'd be if I'd stayed in Harf for dailies as well as regular questing.)

Playing solo as I do, and not being part priest, I'd be unhappy without guild buff towers, particularly the one that raises my HP and MP. (Yes, I do have two housekeepers. But the guild buffs are better, and in any case they are cumulative.)

I'm fine with adults-only guilds, but so far haven't found the kind of players on Reni that would make me insist on being in such a guild ;-)

Not that I'm on Reni but, you're going to have a problem looking for anyone running instances below level 50, the game below level 50 is pretty dead, most 50 instances have some reasons to run them, mainly quests, a lot of guilds run HoS/ZS/DL up though if not for quests.

Once you hit 55 things drastically change in terms of content and what people will run, personally I will run guildees through Pre-55 content if they ask, but it's not the kind of thing that I do normally because the Memento system starts at level 52 any instance that's below that level there's no real advantage to doing it unless you're a player of the same level (And with 1 to 50 going so fast nowadays not many stay that way).

Also, there are two things that you should know A) without being 50/50 and having all your elites your dps is going to suffer quite a bit and as you get them your rotation is most likely to going to change and B) with the way that pre-55 weapons are you won't be able to notice the difference in DPS quite as easily as if you were already 55.

Oh and it's weird how your join date is Jan 2011 and you're only a 39/45/45 W/S/R, guessing you quit for a while or something
Guild Leader: Bloodlegion Server: Artemis
Characters: Kefkai R/S/Wd 75/75/72 Beepy D/Wd/W 77/77/72
Siege Videos and what not

Friday, August 24th 2012, 8:29am

Quoted from "Kefkai;566123"

Oh and it's weird how your join date is Jan 2011 and you're only a 39/45/45 W/S/R, guessing you quit for a while or something

You guessed correctly. I played on a European server for a while, getting to around level 48, then gave it up when various friends found a new game they liked. I came back recently to a US server, in the hopes of having more people playing at the same time as me, and being able to participate in SW.

Friday, August 24th 2012, 8:36am

Quoted from "Kefkai;566123"

Not that I'm on Reni but, you're going to have a problem looking for anyone running instances below level 50, the game below level 50 is pretty dead, most 50 instances have some reasons to run them, mainly quests, a lot of guilds run HoS/ZS/DL up though if not for quests.

Once you hit 55 things drastically change in terms of content and what people will run, personally I will run guildees through Pre-55 content if they ask, but it's not the kind of thing that I do normally because the Memento system starts at level 52 any instance that's below that level there's no real advantage to doing it unless you're a player of the same level (And with 1 to 50 going so fast nowadays not many stay that way).

Does that mean that when I hit level 50, or perhaps 55, people will expect me to be a clueless newb who's never been in a real party, and play/teach/advise appropriately? Or am I going to have folks mad at me for getting to level 50 without learning the game? ;-)

Mood: Love

Friday, August 24th 2012, 3:17pm

If you are on RENI whisper me or Matronmalice, we have players around your level, we run the lower instances for quests and set skill for players. If you are faithful to the guild, great treasures awaits you ;-). We are a mature guild, buff towers, food and potions free to guildies, no drama please, issues are resolved in guild quickly. We are here to have fun and enjoy each other and the game. So just whisper us if you need a change. We have Ventrilo and it works fine with everyone in guild.

TYVM

K/P/S/M/W 98/98/98/98/98
Disturbed guild leader on mithras :thumbsup:
BTW i do live under a bridge, i am Green, i can dish it out as good as i get
There are no better server than Reni, best place to be!!!!!

Friday, August 24th 2012, 4:11pm

Quoted from "kobnach;566141"

Does that mean that when I hit level 50, or perhaps 55, people will expect me to be a clueless newb who's never been in a real party, and play/teach/advise appropriately? Or am I going to have folks mad at me for getting to level 50 without learning the game? ;-)

That sounds about right. Other than FA/NoM/BG runs for quests, there is no much going on until you get to 55. At that point, when you start getting in parties people will mostly have no expectations from you. You can look at level 55 as level 0 in totally new game. As none of my guildies care for HoS any more, I run pug every day with levels 50 to 60 so they they can get their gear going, and I have no problem explaining "skill-set" , or bosses, or "aggro" or anything on most of the days.

Your biggest problem there is not being able to use voice chat. Even if you do not talk, you should be able to listen. If you really want to fully participate you must find a guild that uses voice chat platform that will work for you. Without it you will not be really useful in SW or in instances where that have more to them than just burning the bosses.

Friday, August 24th 2012, 5:05pm

Quoted from "gstnet;566184"

Your biggest problem there is not being able to use voice chat. Even if you do not talk, you should be able to listen. If you really want to fully participate you must find a guild that uses voice chat platform that will work for you. Without it you will not be really useful in SW or in instances where that have more to them than just burning the bosses.

I hate Microsoft. One of their automatic updates converted a functional PC to a totally silent PC. Apparently they deleted some crucial registry key - unfortunately I don't know what its value should have been. Reinstalling all my sound drivers didn't help. Fortunately I eventually found a need to upgrade my graphics driver, for unrelated reasons - since then I've had sound from some programs and not others. Conclusion - I've got multiple sound devices, and the graphics driver upgrade got one of them working. But damned if I know which one, or what else to try, short of a full OS reinstall; as a PC tech, I make an excellent brick ;-) And I fear the reinstall route - expecting the result to be that MS would auto-install the same broken patch, and I'd merely have lost a lot of other things I'd rather keep.

Friday, August 24th 2012, 6:21pm

Quoted from "kobnach;566194"

I hate Microsoft. One of their automatic updates converted a functional PC to a totally silent PC. Apparently they deleted some crucial registry key - unfortunately I don't know what its value should have been. Reinstalling all my sound drivers didn't help. Fortunately I eventually found a need to upgrade my graphics driver, for unrelated reasons - since then I've had sound from some programs and not others. Conclusion - I've got multiple sound devices, and the graphics driver upgrade got one of them working. But damned if I know which one, or what else to try, short of a full OS reinstall; as a PC tech, I make an excellent brick ;-) And I fear the reinstall route - expecting the result to be that MS would auto-install the same broken patch, and I'd merely have lost a lot of other things I'd rather keep.

Most windows have the ability to "restore" to the state of the computer before the update. I always check drivers and crap after a big update. Just restore to before whatever messed up your crap, and try the install again. The update probably got corrupted somehow - it's not broken. Create a backup of whatever you fear losing to a cloud drive, thumb drive, etc.

Kefkai

Professional

Friday, August 24th 2012, 9:06pm

Quoted from "kobnach;566141"

Yeah there are a certain crowd in this game who think you should do things the old way, not even touch Xaviera etc, etc. but I can tell you, the only way you're actually going to get decent experience in terms of actually learning your class is once you have all your elites and all your skills.

Then it's a lot easier to be able to work on your rotation, also Item-set Skills can change your rotation too, hell Escape is one of the best skills a rogue has in pvp and it comes from the Item-set from ZS/DL.

And to be perfectly honest, I remember being 55/55 leveling on old-world content back in Chapter 2, I didn't know really anything about instances until I started running them myself, hell even my rotation was wrong back then.

No one should expect you to know your class you've actually gone through post-55 instances atleast 3 times, also you should get an addon like Scrutinizer so you can see how high your DPS is to try and improve it: http://rom.curseforge.com/addons/scrutinizer/

Really though, I know some people who don't even know how to do some instances properly who are at level cap, and if you've had no experience running an instance before you should pretty much expect to die atleast once, unless the party that you're in way over-gears the instance. There are very few instances where everyone in the party matters, Colors in HoS does and there are some later on, but you don't really need to worry about them until you actually run them. People won't be/shouldn't be upset at you unless you wipe the whole party, and it's very hard to do that unless you Leeroy Jenkins.
Guild Leader: Bloodlegion Server: Artemis
Characters: Kefkai R/S/Wd 75/75/72 Beepy D/Wd/W 77/77/72
Siege Videos and what not