You are not logged in.

Applications: [GameMaster: OPEN] | [Volunteer Testers: OPEN]

/!\ We have moved to a new board. Come join us. This board is now in "archive" (read-only mode). /!\

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, February 14th 2012, 12:27pm

Learning the basics to making gear with the AT!

-- Rune Section --
First off if your looking to work with some runes heres the program you need.
http://www.teamvenom-nfsu2.com/RunesOfMagic/runemaster.swf
-- ManaStone Section -- // For Gear.
Now to start off theres a few rules that you must know before attempting to use the AT ("Arcane Transmutor")
First off never click confirm until you are positive you want to be stuck with what you made.
It doesn't matter what level the stat ie(" X, VII,VIII") it is all based off the actual number. ie("Fang V is +20 Dexterity and +50 Physical Attack")
Most important the lowest 6 stats ("again the actually number not level of the stat") get added to your piece of gear.
Placement of the items in the AT is very important as well. The center piece gets main priority over similar stats. So if there is more than 6 stats that are all the same amount the ones in the middle get added first that way you have some control over what gets added to your gear.
Each piece of gear should have a equal ratio of stats for your class. so don't go wisdom crazy and only put that on each piece of gear. Try to stick with if you a priest say 3 wisdom ,3 stamina just an example what ever ratio you come up with is your own. You wouldn't try to make a dps piece of gear and only add one physical attack stat and the rest stamina. It just would work out for ya.
Make sure you don't have multiples of the same stat name they will overwrite each piece of gear can only have one of any particular stat. Regardless of lvl example you cant add a Mage VII and a Mage VIII to the same piece of gear the VIII will get bumped off and you just threw away a decent stat.
!! Above All Have fun and don't waste too much rl money otherwise you wont be able to pay the internet bill and that wouldn't be cool to not see ya again in game.!!
Ok here is the extensive Example area...
Using examples of making free gear meaning not spending real life cash and still making good enough gear for say dod.
Lets say I want to make a piece of gear for a Mage/Priest. If you are able to run atm LL("Life Leecher") - First boss of origin. To farm mementos the vendor in Thunderhoof Hills has a Memento Vendor that sells really cheap Hoto stats.
Once you farm 45 mementos you can buy 3 pieces of gear fyi they have to be different stats.
So mage/priest piece of gear I chose Wit VII, Aureola VII, and Mage VII.
once you get the pieces of gear with one stat on them. Its time to look for a piece of gear you want to add it to so check the ah for pieces of gear that are over durability meaning over 102 dura recommended. Also it would make stating your gear a bit simple if you search for a piece of gear without any stats. I found a Cloak of the Ethereal Voice, Tier 2 lvl req 29 dura 110 and no extra stats. Its time to go farming for more mementos. This time you have to save up 90 mementos. Yes 135 mementos per piece of gear however it cost 0 diamonds. There is a vendor in boulderwind village called Jason Ando, who creates custom fusion stones with 3 stats you get to choose on each one. Now when making fusion stones make sure you use the same 3 stats for each 3 fusion stones. I chose Purity VIII, Stamina IX, and Physique X stats for my 3 stones.
Now if you have enough charges then take one stone and one piece of gear with one stat on it and add it to the AT. it should show im the preview a Mana Stone Tier 4 with 4 stats on it (Purity VIII, Stamina IX, Physique X, and a yellow stat from the gear you chose say Wit VII)
do the same thing with the other two pieces of gear and fusion stones and you should get
1. Mana Stone Tier 4
Purity VIII
Stamina IX
Physique X
Wit VII
2. Mana Stone Tier 4
Purity VIII
Stamina IX
Physique X
Aureola VII
3. Mana Stone Tier 4
Purity VIII
Stamina IX
Physique X
Mage VII
Notice on each stone out of all the stats the VII IX and X stat are always the same so since thats the case it only adds one.
If you put each of the mana stones in the AT and the piece of gear the Cloak of the Ethereal Voice
you will see this in the preview
Cloak of the Ethereal Voice
~Notice the tier has changed from 2 to 4. also increasing the base defense or if its a weapon damage of the gear.~
Purity VIII
Stamina IX
Physique X
Wit VII
Aureola VII
Mage VII
note remember same stats cant be added more than once so if you take the whole list of stats above the duplicate stats get removed leaving only 6 stats.
more examples are to come..... hope everyone finds this info useful i tried to make it easy to understand as much as I could.
Your Friendly Guildie ~Fury~
Also if you have any questions and you see me online feel free to whisper me. I have other chars to so check with me my other chars are Xaine, Merlin
ill try to work on one dealing with tiering your weapon ill make sure to include the low down like how many charges etc you need and so forth. have fun talk to ya later!