You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, July 28th 2011, 4:56am

[Guide] Colorweave Festival

Hello everyone,

Our next festival is here complete with our guild divas and persuasive marketing activities! This event has more than enough information within the game to not warrant a guide, but I would feel incomplete if I skipped one. I’ve been a bit busy so I’m glad to see this event with only a couple activities to talk about. As per usual, please contribute to the thread so we can have accurate information about all the activities.

The Post your Avatar Costumes thread couldn’t have been necro’d - I mean resurrected - at a better time. Take a look and if you’re feeling like a diva post your character’s pic!

Have a fabulous day!

[Colorweave Festival Guide v 0.2.1 by Anrii]
[highlight]Updated: 09/06/2011[/highlight]

Announcements:
[highlight]
08/20/2011
- (4.0.1.2433) I'm sorry for the lack of updates in this guide. RL has demanded my complete attention for the last several weeks and I don't know when I'll be able to return to RoM. :(

07/28/2011
- (4.0.1.2412) The NPC for the Activity: Doll Challenge has been found! Thank you Kista!

07/26/2011
- (4.0.1.2412) The Doll Challenge referred to by the Patch Notes seems to be missing, if anyone has information about this activity please let us know.[/highlight]

┌▌
▀
[highlight]The Colorweave Festival[/highlight]
▄
└▌

2011 Colorweave Festival event dates:
- July 26th to September 6th (~40 days of playable time)

Activity NPC’s

Varanas, Central Plaza
- Lilelle [Phirius Weaving Guild] (52.6, 57.8)
- Tirion [Phirius Weaving Guild] (52.0, 58.4)
- Yanikki Nirr [Phirius Weaving Guild] (49.8, 53.6)

Varanas, Central Plaza “Wandering NPCs”
- Bendo Adelt
- Makult Everhunt
- Narci Goldweave
- Yagald Thunderclap

Varanas, Guild Hall (Outside)
- Rebel Saiji [Phirius Weaving Guild] (63.2, 53.2)

Activities

Activity: Doll Challenge
Activity NPC: Rebel Saiji

Description:

• Event type: fight with event skills against NPCs
  • Start location: Varanas Central Plaza
  • Requires: party between 3 – 6 people
  • Event Target: play the right melody

Rewards:
{Win}
- ??

{Lose}
- 10 x Phirius Potion - Type D
- 10 x Phirius Elixir - Type D

Notes: More to come when others attempt this event. :)

Here is a comment from giogreymon you might find helpful:

Quoted from "giogreymon;449455"

You have to fight a lvl 60 doll. I got 2 new skills: 1 to replenish a party member's [Power?] which is used to cast the other spell which i believe is an offensive spell. We lost but we did get a package containing Phirius Potion D x10 and Phirius Elixir x10. :D

 
Activity: Prototype Breathable Clothing
Activity NPC: Yanikki Nirr

Description: Yanikki is quite excited to have your help to “persuade” other players to promote the Guilds new Prototype Breathable Clothing. She will give you one (1) Prototype Breathable Clothing to use on other players. Run around and “persuade” them; you’ll see a buff with a counter on your target. When you persuade a person nine (9) times they will “gladly” try on the Prototype Breathable Clothing. Do this a total of four (4) times and then return to Yanikki to receive your random reward.

This activity lasts for about one (1) hour, but you can complete it anytime during the day. You can also give Yanikki feedback any time after someone else persuades you to wear the Prototype Breathable Fabric. You can complete both of these once a day.

Rewards: (Initial loot table, based on past events)

<[highlight]Insert all your other rewards![/highlight]>

- 1 x 5 Arcane Transmutor Charges
- 1 x 10 Arcane Transmutor Charges
- 1 x 50 Arcane Transmutor Charges
- 3 x Big Angel's Sigh [highlight]*[/highlight]
- 1 x Bank Space Scroll II (7 Days) [highlight]*[/highlight]
- 1 x Bank Space Scroll III (7 Days) [highlight]*[/highlight]
- 1 x Bank Space Scroll IV (7 Days) [highlight]*[/highlight]
- 1 x Bank Space Scroll V (7 Days) [highlight]*[/highlight]
- 1 x Breathable Fabric (24h) [highlight]*[/highlight] (3 Day) [highlight]*[/highlight] (7 Day?) (Permanent) [highlight]*[/highlight] [10min illusion 60min cooldown]
- 6 x Guild Castle Transport Stone [highlight]*[/highlight]
- 5 x Golden Brilliance (Fireworks) [highlight]*[/highlight]
- 5 x Hearts Alike (Fireworks)
- 6 x Home-sweet-home
- 3 x Magic Fortune Grass [highlight]*[/highlight]
- 5 x Magic Fortune Grass
- 5 x Midsummer Heat (Fireworks) [highlight]*[/highlight]
- 3 x Moonlight Pearl
- 5 x Moonlight Pearl
- 5 x Nebula Diffusion (Fireworks) [highlight]*[/highlight]
- 3 x Phoenix's Redemption [highlight]*[/highlight]
- 5 x Skystar Flash (Fireworks) [highlight]*[/highlight]
- 3 x Sunset Ear of Grain [highlight]*[/highlight]
- 5 x Sunset Ear of Grain

<[highlight]All your rewards belong to us![/highlight]>

[highlight]*[/highlight] = CONFIRMED

Notes: Taborea isn&#8217;t known for its accurate timepieces, and these activities aren&#8217;t an exception. The event starts an hour earlier than posted, it&#8217;s also several minutes late and ends a couple minutes early. You can only get the Prototype Breathable Clothing during the event times, but you can complete the quest anytime during the day. You do not need to have an active prototype illusion buff to leave feedback. Once someone else persuades you for that day you will be flagged to leave your daily feedback with Tanikki.

Activity Times: (Channel 1 is about 15-20 seconds ahead of Channel 2)

12:04 &#8211; 13:02 PST
15:04 &#8211; 16:02 PST
18:04 &#8211; 19:02 PST
21:04 &#8211; 22:02 PST

Hints: So where do you find players that are easy to target and that mostly doesn&#8217;t act like a ferret on crack? The Auction House is a good place to start or if you feel like re-dressing everyone&#8217;s&#8217; favorite gold spammers, then they could at least look good while spamming us. ;)

You can also team up with someone and persuade each other. Click off the five (5) minute Prototype illusion and persuade them again. Repeat this until you both have completed the task.
&#8195;

Activity: Classic Clothing Expo
Activity NPC: Lilelle

Description: For all those augmenters out there, this activity is for you! Lilelle coordinates three (3) auction showcases during each Clothing Expo event. There can be only three (3) winners per auction showcase. Registration is required and sign-up start ten (1) minutes before the activity, and once the activity starts you will not be able to sign-up until the next one. Once you have signed-up, you will receive a forty (40) minute buff called Attending Clothing Expo, then wait for the Expo to start!

At the start of each showcase the Expo Models will walk the catwalk, do a couple poses and stand to either side of the stage at the coordinates listed below. You&#8217;ll have five (5) minutes to look over the models and decide if you want to bid your Breathable Silk. The highest three (3) bidders win! Bidding is done through Lilelle in increments of ten (10), thirty (30), or fifty (50) from the current highest bid. When your bid has been accepted, a ten (10) minute buff with your auction ID will appear. Lilelle will not tell you if someone outbids you, so be proactive during the auction.

Once the auction is called, winners will have three (3) minutes to claim their Clothing Swap Qualifications buff from Lilelle and then you&#8217;ll have three (3) more hours to claim your reward from Tirion. (Not that you will need three (3) hours, it takes just a couple seconds.)

This will happen two (2) more times.

The currency for this activity is Breathing Silk; these will drop off any mob that yields EXP/TP for you. They are also tradable.

Rewards: Tirion will give you a costume package. When opened, you will receive one (1) random piece from the set you bid on according to your character&#8217;s gender. The descriptions on the packages are very clear.

- Adam's Set (Male)
- Baroque Noble Set (Male & Female)
- Cowgirl Set (Female)
- Demon Lady Set (Female)
- Eve's Set (Female)
- Fanersai Banquet Set (Male)
- Golden Snowflake Festival Set (Male and Female)
- Music Festival Set (Male and Female)
- Mysterious Butterfly Set (Female)
- Sexy Bunny Set (Female)
- Strange Clown Set (Male and Female)
- Vampire Count Set (Male)
- Wild Thorn Set (Male)
- Wild Warrior Set (Male)

Notes: Just as a courtesy, initially bid in increments of ten (10) Breathing Silk, once there are at least three bidders then go crazy. This way people who want a less popular costume could skate with using as few silks as possible. In a couple weeks and with our bags full of silks I&#8217;d expect the bids to get quite large, just because they can.

There will be a server wide announcement when sign-ups start.

Expo Models final position:
- Female Expo Model (52.7, 57.1)
- Male Expo Model (51.5, 58.2)

10:54 &#8211; 11:34 PST &#8211; Starts @ 11:04 PST
13:54 &#8211; 14:34 PST &#8211; Starts @ 14:04 PST
16:54 &#8211; 17:34 PST &#8211; Starts @ 17:04 PST
19:54 &#8211; 20:34 PST &#8211; Starts @ 21:04 PST

Hints: The Auction House is really close and you do have five (5) minutes to place bids.

&#8195;
General Event Notes:

The Activity: Prototype Breathable Clothing loot table is unknown; I posted an initial guess based on past festivals until we get more feedback from the community. I do not know if there are other guild resources other than ore, herbs, and wood, but hopefully there might be some hidden guild runes!

Contributions are welcomed and encouraged!

Sources:
http://www.runesdatabase.com
4.0.1 patch notes
[LEFT]
[img][/img]
(On an indefinite hiatus from RoM)

[/LEFT]

Thursday, July 28th 2011, 4:57am

Change Log

Change Log:

v 0.2.1
[INDENT]- Updated event end date and ~days.
[/INDENT] v 0.2.0[INDENT]- Updated Activity NPC List
- Updated Activity: Doll Challenge (Thank you [B]giogreymon[/B])
- Added possible costumes for Activity: Classic Clothing Expo (Thank you AzhureSunSoar)
- Updated Announcements
[/INDENT]v 0.1.1[INDENT] - Updated Announcements
- Updated Activity NPC list (Thank you Kista)
- Updated Activity: Doll Challenge (Still missing commentary)
- Updated loot table for Activity: Prototype Breathable Clothing (Thank you Pringles247 & darkstrife7)
[/INDENT]v 0.1.0[INDENT]- Initial release
[/INDENT]

Thursday, July 28th 2011, 5:47am

My main got permanent breathable fabric. They still last 10 minutes with a 1 hour cooldown. Also, my female toons fabric gave a style yesterday and different style today, so it appears to change each day. Fireworks are common again. I am hoping for guild runes, rubies, stones, but not expecting them.

I won a silk auction and only got 1 piece (gloves). I give up on that event because no guarantee I will get the other pieces. I am better off selling my silk.

I could not find the doll fighting event either. It must not have made it into the patch.

EDIT: And it has been stickied now.
EDIT: only my main got permanent fabric, alt got 24 hour.

Pringles247

Beginner

Thursday, July 28th 2011, 7:26am

I got [Bank Space Scroll IV (7 Days)] by giving feedback.

ruisen2000

not a wallet warrior

Mood: Blink

Thursday, July 28th 2011, 7:43am

Quoted from "Dollars;448347"

Activity: Prototype Breathable Clothing

- 1 x 5 Arcane Transmutor Charges
- 1 x 10 Arcane Transmutor Charges
- 1 x 50 Arcane Transmutor Charges
- 3 x Big Angel's Sigh
- 1 x Breathable Fabric (24h) [highlight]*[/highlight] (3 Day) [highlight]*[/highlight] (7 Day?) (Permanent) [highlight]*[/highlight] [10min illusion 60min cooldown]
- 6 x Guild Castle Transport Stone
- 5 x Golden Brilliance (Fireworks) [highlight]*[/highlight]
- 5 x Hearts Alike (Fireworks)
- 6 x Home-sweet-home
- 3 x Magic Fortune Grass [highlight]*[/highlight]
- 5 x Magic Fortune Grass
- 5 x Midsummer Heat (Fireworks) [highlight]*[/highlight]
- 3 x Moonlight Pearl *
- 5 x Moonlight Pearl
- 5 x Nebula Diffusion (Fireworks) [highlight]*[/highlight]
- 3 x Phoenix's Redemption [highlight]*[/highlight]
- 5 x Skystar Flash (Fireworks) [highlight]*[/highlight]
- 3 x Sunset Ear of Grain [highlight]*[/highlight]
- 5 x Sunset Ear of Grain

12:04 &#8211; 13:02 PST
15:04 &#8211; 16:02 PST
18:04 &#8211; 19:02 PST
21:04 &#8211; 22:02 PST

Darn, I would like to try this event, but why do they always set the activity time to when I can't log on? :(
/Wants backpack scroll (if there's bank scroll, there should be a backpack one too...) and 50 AT charges...
Noblewarrior
lv 98/98/89/60 M/W/P/K
Kikosi 98/50/60 Wl/Ch/M
the fail clothie tank~

Inactive

Thursday, July 28th 2011, 8:40am

For the Prototype Breathable Clothing activity, i can confirm getting 6x guild transport runes, 3x big angel sighs. I also got bank slot II, III, and V (7 days).

Thursday, July 28th 2011, 8:59pm

Doll Challenge NPC is located in Varanas near the Guild Hall teleporter. Approximatly 63.3,53.3.

giogreymon

Beginner

Sunday, July 31st 2011, 5:32pm

Doll Challenge

You have to fight a lvl 60 doll. I got 2 new skills: 1 to replenish a party member's [Power?] which is used to cast the other spell which i believe is an offensive spell. We lost but we did get a package containing Phirius Potion D x10 and Phirius Elixir x10. :D

rubyeyes

Trainee

Mood: Evil

Monday, August 8th 2011, 11:10am

I searched and couldn't find anything concerning my question, so I'll ask here.. has anyone gotten a full costume, or even parts to one, that they can screenshot and/or list name (so I can look it up on RunesDB) since I'm finding 0 info on any of the costumes available. I would very much love some new costumes, but I'm finding this very confusing and since the event times usually happen when I'm unable to log on, I'm also finding it near impossible to participate.. so I'm probably going to be looking at buying a few pieces if I like them from other players..

Very, very nice guide, thorough, and I'm really glad it's here.. even though I do fail at comprehending it, mostly because I can't keep this window up and be in game at the same time :( lol

Thank you in advance!
Some men just want to watch the world burn..
I just want to be the first to light it afire.

(Un)retiring very soon.
Auryin P/M 70/60 : Waif K/W 6x/5x
Srvr: Artemis - Guild: Silence

Tuesday, August 9th 2011, 5:18am

Quoted from "rubyeyes;452217"

I searched and couldn't find anything concerning my question, so I'll ask here.. has anyone gotten a full costume, or even parts to one, that they can screenshot and/or list name (so I can look it up on RunesDB) since I'm finding 0 info on any of the costumes available. I would very much love some new costumes, but I'm finding this very confusing and since the event times usually happen when I'm unable to log on, I'm also finding it near impossible to participate.. so I'm probably going to be looking at buying a few pieces if I like them from other players..

The costumes available are as follows:

Baroque Noble set (male and female)
Wild Thorn Set (male)
Mysterious Butterfly set (female)
Fanersai Banquet set (male)
Cowgirl set (female)
Wild Warrior set (male)
Sexy Bunny set (female)
Music Festival set (male and female)
Adam set (male)
Eve set (female)
Golden Snowflake Festival set (male and female)
Strange Clown set (male and female)
Vampire Count set (male)
Demon Lady set (female)
[img][/img]
image by Adami <3

Azhuresun - 67/67/50 Druid/Mage/Scout
Retired as of 10/5/11
broken guilds/instances/houses/ah/mailbox for a week+
missing items from house for a week+

Server: Govinda
Guild: Kabal - http://kabalseed.com

maouse

Intermediate

Friday, August 12th 2011, 11:20am

Breathable Fabric (24h) * (3 Day) * (7 Day?) (Permanent) * [10min illusion 60min cooldown]

Note: They will most likely change this, as presently you can use it on another player. Consequently, BLOCKING their ability to equip a ride. Siege time should be fun (I know I will only get one shot, but it should be entertaining none the less).

ps. has anyone gotten two on one toon to see if the cooldown is the same for both or if its individual? Curious for the "siege" reason, obviously.
[img][/img]
Verde - 84/72/75/30 R/S/K/M; Terrafirmer - 85/58/50/55 Ch/M/Wl/R
Realmguardians Guild
Lvl 85 Blacksmith, alt 80 Tailor, 85 Armorcarfter, 75 Alchemist, 78Carpenter.

Friday, August 12th 2011, 7:19pm

I've gotten two of the 24 hour ones, the cooldown is the same. Also, would this actually be usable in siege? O.o Most of the other things that are like that don't work there.
[img][/img]
image by Adami <3

Retired as of 10/5/11

Saturday, August 13th 2011, 9:52pm

Quoted from "AzhureSunSoar;453832"

I've gotten two of the 24 hour ones, the cooldown is the same. Also, would this actually be usable in siege? O.o Most of the other things that are like that don't work there.

you can cancel the effect so no not useful =P
Artemis
R/S 70/70

Saturday, August 13th 2011, 10:10pm

Quoted from "Berec;454520"

you can cancel the effect so no not useful =P

I was more curious if it was useable, not useful :P
[img][/img]
image by Adami <3

Retired as of 10/5/11

Wednesday, August 17th 2011, 5:38am

With the silk festival, I get annoyed that I have yet to get the robe part for the eve set. I have doubles of everything else, triples on a couple and 5 of the gloves. Why couldn't they make it so you did not get duplicates until you had a set? It really ticked me off yesterday to spend 800 silk and get another gloves.

Thursday, August 18th 2011, 11:54pm

Quoted from "giogreymon;449455"

We have been trying different combinations of the 2 skills.. but still have yet to figure it out, any one have any new updates about this event?

Sunday, September 4th 2011, 5:14am

Quoted from "WhootyHoo;456171"

We have been trying different combinations of the 2 skills.. but still have yet to figure it out, any one have any new updates about this event?

same, any new update???

Tuesday, July 17th 2012, 5:10am

bump necro necro yay

I has reasons

Thursday, July 19th 2012, 7:53am

This year's Festival includes:

Quoted from "Dionaea;545762"

• Festival Activities conducted in Silverspring
  • Festival Manager NPCs will be located at: Varanas Central Plaza
  • 6 Festival Events

Doll Challenge

• Event type: fight with event skills against NPCs
  • Start location: Varanas City Central Plaza
  • Requires: party between 3 &#8211; 6 people
  • Event Target: play the right melody

Prototype Breathable Clothing

• Event type: use items on other players to get a reward
  • 4 timeslots each day: 1pm, 4pm, 7pm, 10pm
  • Event location: Varanas City Central Plaza
  • Event Target: use items on other players to get a reward

Classic Clothing Expo

• Event type: Collect Items and get a prize
  • 4 timeslots each day: 12am, 3pm, 6pm, 9pm
  • Sign-up 10 minutes before event start
  • Requires: Item (Breathable Silk), Sign-Up
  • Event Target: collect items in the world, with this items you can sign-up for this event

Magic Weaving Machine

• Event type: use object on correct status
  • Event target: collect points to obtain items

Magic Tailor

• Event type: use skills on correct status
  • time-slots each day: from 8:00 am to 11:00 pm, 20th minute of each hour
  • Start location: Silverspring near Varanas City Bridge
  • Event location: Silverspring near Varanas City Bridge
  • Event target: collect points to obtain items

Charity Auction

• Event type: use skills to win charity auction
  • timeslots each day: from 8:00 am to 11:00 pm, 40th minute of each hour
  • Requires: Item (Breathable Silk), Sign-up
  • Start location: Varanas City Entrance
  • Event location: Varanas City Entrance
  • Event target: place bids to win

...I think Magic Tailor & Magic Weaving Machine are the only new events this year...so those will need writeups, the other ones can be found in the 1st post.

I hope the costume table is still the same as last year...I really want Eve's outfit! <3
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´ ¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.

(◕‿◕) \(●̮̮̃•̃)/ ღ~*•..¸˛.•*¨*•.¸Osha + Grimdal + Siochain = Home Sweet Home ¸.•*¨*•.˛¸.•*~ღ \(●̮̮̃•̃)/ (◕‿◕)

sskilla

Beginner

Monday, July 30th 2012, 9:11pm

The two new events are as follows:

Magic Weaving Machine: Anytime, once a day OR trade in Transport Runes for extra tries.

From the guide written by Keruptis : http://forum.us.runesofmagic.com/showthread.php?t=73254

Quoted

Tips for the weaving machine game.

First i will discuss how to deal with the error messages that are part of the demand

"message error" you want to click on the component that matches the color on the ground underneath the weaving machine and ignore the actual text demand ( if the color is green you want scissors, red you want shuttles, blue you want thread)

"matrix error" you want to go by the demand text and ignore the color on the ground

"message and matrix error" here you want to choose the component that doesn't match the demand text or the color on the ground (color is red and demand says scissors, what you really want is the thread)

So, basically:

1. Start off hitting colors under the weaving machine because there is no yellow message on screen.
2. Once yellow messages start popping up, you follow the 3 possibilities listed above.

Practice and patience are key, because one wrong move and the mini-game is over.

Magic Tailor (Orbs):
8am - 11pm Server Time, Signup: XX:20, Game Starts: XX:30

Location: Outside Varanas, North near the Resurrection Point (46.5, 74.0)

This mini-game gives you 2 extra action keys, so you will want to have them binded to your liking.
You can change the hotkey in key bindings option and it is the last set at the bottom.

At XX:30, the game begins and you should stand in the middle near Ayna Rett.

1. She will lay down a small sphere of a certain color.
2. Use action hotkey 1 to absorb orbs of the same color as the barrier.
3. Use action hotkey 2 to absorb orbs NOT the same color as the barrier.

Happy Colorweave Festival XD

Warlock/Mage/Champion ( 82/82/82 )
Currently gearing Champion/Warrior
Guild: Corruption
Server: Artemis
:cookie: