You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, December 14th 2011, 3:15pm

[Guide] Snowflake Festival

[UPDATE: I'm updating this post regularly with new info, keep checking back and contributing!]
Please post any information you have about this festival, I will try to gather it together.

Snowflake Festival

Start: 12/14/11
End: 1/17/11

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Pioneer's Colony:
NPC: Bad Jingle Brother (aggressive Level 5 monster, 264 health, found outside of town with Fungus, Young Bears, and Wolf Cubs, and up around Logar as well.)[INDENT]-kill to loot a Lost Gift
[/INDENT]
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Logar:

Giant Tree with 4 Snowflake Festival Gifts underneath(Near housemaid Meydo and the mailbox)[INDENT]-Click on a gift to receive Snowflake Festival Package
-Opening package can get:
1 - 3 x Snowflake Festival Heart Candy
1 - 3 x Snowflake Festival Lollipop
1 - 3 x Snowflake Festival Soft Candy
1 - 3 x Snowflake Festival Chocolate
1 - 3 x Snowflake Festival Candy Cane

Notes:
-Make sure to get all 4 gifts under the tree once daily
-These candies run on the same cooldown timer as the phirius potions/elixirs, so they are not super useful. And they can't be used in seige :/
-gifts last 7 days, you can extend the time though by holding onto a few gift boxes without opening them for some time. Then once your candy is about to expire, put it into your arcane transmutor for storage. Then open the gift boxes. Then take your candy from your arcane transmutor and merge it into the new candy, and it will keep the new candy's 7 day expiration!

[/INDENT]
NPC: Donichuka (Far end of Central Plaza)[INDENT]-Help Jingle Brothers who are stuck in chimneys by gathering 10 x Slippery Boar Oil from boars found in Howling Mountains, Silverspring, Aslan Valley.

Howling Mountains: Boar
Silverspring: Black Boar
Silverspring: Charging Boar
Silverspring: Furious Mangy Hog

Note: The boars are temporarily dropping loot ~99% of the time, no matter what level difference there is between you and the monsters. However, they will only drop Slippery Boar Oil occasionally.

-Once you gather 10 x Slippery Boar Oil, you can turn them in to Donichuka to either
1)Volunteer to Help, or
2)Give Boar Oil

If you choose to 2)give the boar oil, you'll get a Red Snowflake Festival Stocking. You won't be able to save the jingle brothers, thus you'll miss out on 10 stockings, plus the bonus for saving them all. But this is a lot quicker :P and you'll still be able to use Donichuka to transport to Logar, Silverfall, Harf Trading Post, and Varanas for free.

If you choose to 1)help out, you'll receive 10 x Special Boar Oil Mix, and can continue with the quest line:

Find Jingle Brothers on the rooftops:
Jingle Brothers missing in Logar: 4
Jingle Brothers missing in Silverfall: 3
Jingle Brothers missing in Harf Trading Post: 3

***LOOK FOR THE QUOTED TEXT AT BOTTOM OF THIS POST TO SEE HOW TO REACH THESE GUYS***

Then you either click on Confirm, or Donichuka-Transport.
Confirm: Ends the conversation, but you can continue the quest (?)
Donichuka-Transport: Option to transport you to either Silverfall or Harf Trading Post

Climb up the houses and get to the roof near the chimney to find a stuck Jingle Brother. If he's not there, wait a minute and he should respawn as someone recently rescued him. Select him then right click him and a conversation will initiate. Once its done, you'll get a reward:
Red Snowflake Festival Stocking
opening this got me:
10 x Phirius Elixir - Type B
Ancient Treasure Key
10 x Phirius Potion - Type A
10 x Phirius Elixir - Type A
10 x Phirius Potion - Type A
10 x Phirius Potion - Type B
2 x Snowflake Festival Stocking Biscuit
5 x Midsummer Heat
EscapeTheFate03 got: 5x Hearts Alike, 5x Golden Brillance, 10 x Phirius Elixir - Type D, 10 x Phirius Potion - Type D, 2x Snowflake Festival Hat Biscuit, 5x Nebula Diffusion

Saving all 10 Jingle Brothers then talking again to Donichuka gets you:
A world shout exclaiming "___ has saved all the Jingle Brothers. He is our hero!" (Sorry ladies, lol)
Title: I believe I can fly
I believe I can fly decorative only :/
Little Reindeer's Bell :summons Donichuka pet, which hits monsters you attack for about 1030 damage, then heals itself. The bell itself only lasts 30 minutes :/
Little Reindeer's Package: opening this got me
-10 x Phirius Elixir - Type C
-Potion of Luck
-EscapeTheFate03 got 1x Transport Rune

[/INDENT]
Varanas:

NPC: Nina Berlusco (near fountain) - BACK IN GAME!![INDENT]-Exchange fireworks (Skystar Flash, Midsummer Heat, Golden Brilliance, Nebula Diffusion, Hearts Alike) once daily for Festival Reward Exchange Certificate Buff (lasts 24 hours) and Arcane Transmutor Energy
-You have a chance of obtaining the fireworks when you participate in event activities
-"The longer you remain logged in, the higher the level of the Festival Reward Exchange Certificate and the rewards you can exchange for will also become better."

Notes:
-Fireworks can be bought from cash shop, or from looting frogs near Owenstein when he is around during Frog Infestation events
-If you have multiple fireworks in your backpack/item shop backpack, turning in the quest will first take Skystar Flash first. IE: position in your backpack doesn't matter.

Rewards people have received:[INDENT][LEFT]Turn in firework without a prior buff:
3 x Phirius Potion - Type A
3 x Phirius Potion - Type C

and you'll also get a buff for "Festival Reward Exchange Certificate" which last 24 hours, starts at level 1.

Turn in with a buff of level 1 and I got:
-Transformation potion - Demonthorn Vine
-5 x Magic Fortune Grass (guild herb contribution x 100)

with buff level 2 I got:
-3 x Phirius Elixir - Type C
-3 x Phirius Potion - Type B
-3 x Arcane Transmutor Charge

with a buff level 3 I got
-Ability Elixir
5 uses, lasts 7 days: 900 seconds, current int +100 x 20% +100, +900 HP
-Muscular Elixir
5 uses, lasts 7 days: 900 seconds, current str +100 x 20% +100, +900 HP

with a buff level 4 I got
5 x Arcane Trasmutor Charge

with a buff level 5 I got
6 x Arcane Transmutor Charge

with a buff level 6 I got:
Backpack Ticket IV (7 days), and the buff disappeared.
[/LEFT]
[/INDENT]
[/INDENT]
[LEFT]NPC: Wishing Snowflake Tree (near fountain)[INDENT]-Use "ornaments" to decorate the tree
-Receive gifts from the tree if you decorate it: "Language of Splendidness" = 30 mins increased drop rate by 85%
"Language of Wishing" = +15% drop rate for 30 mins

-Putting a silk ribbon on the tree, then asking to receive the gift got me:
10 x Phirius Potion - Type A and Modern Landscaping Plant Pot and a "Language of Blessing" buff that lasts 30 mins and gives additional 60% drop rate for 30 mins

2 x Snowflake Festival Hat Biscuit & 3 x Potion of Luck & Red Snowflake Festival Seed & "Language of Splendidness" = 30 mins increased drop rate by 85%

10 x Phirius Potion - Type B , & 5 x Transport Rune, and 5 x Low-Class Plant Protection

3 x transport rune, & Blue Dream Plant Pot

3 x Skill Potion and Red Snowflake Festival Seed

10 x Phirius Potion - Type B & Phoenix's Redemption & Red Snowflake Festival Seed

10 x Phirius Potion - Type C & 3 x Skill Potion & 5 x Low-Class Plant Protection

10 x Phirius Potion - Type A & 3 x Marking Ink & Incan Magic Pot (ore)

-EscapeTheFate03 got 2 x Snowflake Festival Hat Biscuit (50% HP+MP) + 5 x Home-sweet-home + Red Snowflake Festival Seed
-EscapeTheFate03 got 10 x Phirius Potion - Type B + 3 x [item]201619[/item] + 5 x Low-Class Plant Protection
-EscapeTheFate03 got 10x Phirius Potion - Type A + 3x Skill Potion + 5x Low-Class Plant Protection,
-EscapeTheFate03 got 2x Snowflake Festival Stocking Biscuit + 3x Potion of Luck + Red Snowflake Festival Seed
-EscapeTheFate03 got 10x Phirius Elixir - Type A + 5x Transport Rune + Golden Eye Magical Pot
-EscapeTheFate03 got 10x Phirius Elixir - Type B + 5x Transport Rune + 5x Low-Class Plant Protection
-EscapeTheFate03 got 10x Phirius Elixir - Type A + 3x Potion of Luck + Incan Magic Pot
-EscapeTheFate03 got 2x Snowflake Festival Hat Biscuit + 5x Home-sweet-home + 3x Low-Class Plant Growing Agent

Put enough decorations (500 unknown gifts worth) on the tree to obtain a title:
"Little Helper of Snowflake Tree Decoration"

Put enough decorations (1000 unknown gifts worth) on the tree to obtain a title:
"Snowflake Tree's Greatest Fan"

[/INDENT]
NPC: Kolu Max (near fountain)[INDENT]-Hand in Unknown Gift (pink, from random monster loot?) to get Snowflake Tree Ornament

Reward for 10 Unknown gifts: Candy Cane Ornament and Goody-Goody certificate
Reward for 30 Unknown gifts: Decoration Ribbon and Goody-Goody Certificate
Reward for 50 Unknown gifts: got me Silk Bow and Goody-Goody certificate
-If you turn it in again, you will get more ornaments, but no additional goody-goody certificates. This is useful to get the 2 titles for decorating the tree.

[/INDENT]
NPC: Donichuka (Far end of Central Plaza)[INDENT]-Help Jingle Brothers who are stuck in chimneys by gathering 10 x Slippery Boar Oil from boars found in Howling Mountains, Silverspring, Aslan Valley.

[/INDENT]
NPC: Jack Shackleton (Far end of Central Plaza)[INDENT][LEFT]-Exchange 10 Goody-Goody Certificates for a reward:
a 1 hour buff that increases riding speed by 10.5% and Andrew's Gift Package:
-EscapeTheFate03 got: Andrew's Gift Package - 10x Transport Runes + Snowflake Festival Blessings: 10% riding speed for 1 hr buff
-EscapeTheFate03 got Elven Snowflake Festival Headdress
-camagic got Snowflake festival wings
-camagic got 10x Guild castle transport runes
-rubyeyes got
---Day 1: I received the Molten Chocolate Cone (1h sword agg, costume piece) which you can see what it looks like here
---Day 2: I received the Viscun(sp?) Wings (I believe mine were around 85 dura) (it looks like my char is wearing mistletoe or holly on her back lol), which was pretty awesome.
---Day 3: 10x Home Sweet Homes
---Day 4: 7day bank scroll for page II
---Day 5: Snowflake Festival Cane
---Day 6: Lollipop
---Day 7: 500 guild herbs
---Day 8: 500 guild rubies

-tsundae got: 3 x simple repair hammers

-Exchange 2 Transport Portal Runes for Snowflake Festival Repeat Ticket

Notes:
-Obtain Goody-Goody Certificates by helping Andrew Dell on Varanas Gate bridge
[/LEFT]
[/INDENT]
Giant Tree with 4 Snowflake Festival Gifts underneath(Far end of Central Plaza)[INDENT]-Click on a gift to receive Snowflake Festival Package

Notes:
-gifts last 7 days

[/INDENT]
NPC: Jingle Brother - Mark (Far end of Central Plaza)[INDENT]-Spend 3000 gold for a new year's blessing buff (for 30 minutes, 10% exp gain, 10% tp gain) -may pay again to get this buff again, doesn't stack.
-Exchange 10 Lost Gift (blue, from bad jingle brothers) for a Yellow Snowflake Festival Gift:[INDENT]opening this got me
- Red Snowflake Festival Gift
- 20 x chocolate
- 20 x chocolate
- 50 x Ash Wood
- Green Snowflake Festival Gift
- 50 x Mountain Demon Grass
- 20 x Chocolate
- 50 Ash Wood
- 50 Zinc Ore
- 50 Mountain Demon Grass

ElvenScribe got 70 x Tin Ore
ElvenScribe got Red Snowflake Festival Gift
EscapeTheFate03 got 20x Lollipop
[/INDENT]
-Exchange 20 lost gifts for a Green Snowflake Festival Gift, upon opening this got me:
- 1 x Yellow Snowflake Festival Gift :(

-Exchange 50 lost gifts for a Red Snowflake Festival Gift:
opening this got me Snowflake Festival Jingle Brother Hat (overdura) and 40 x Lollipop
-again Snowflake Festival Jingle Brother Hat (78 dura) and 40 x Lollipop
-Snowflake Festival Jingle Brother hat & 40 x Chocolate
opening this got ElvenScribe Snowflake Festival Jingle Brother Hat (overdura)
-EscapeTheFate03 got Snowflake Festival Jingle Brother Hat + 40x Lollipop

[/INDENT]
Event: Varanas Bank Robbery[INDENT]-11:00am EST, 12:00noon EST, etc, every hour
-This has been glitchy, but make sure to go to one of the channels where the bank staff are actually there. If the channel is missing the staff for some reason, the goblin robber won't show up.
-A message says:
Varanas Guard Alert: Someone is robbing the Varanas Bank
-kill the Goblin Robber (level 15 boss aggressive) that appears
-He'll say
"Damn... I am surrounded!
You guys leave me no choice! I will have to use my ultimate skill! Better get out of the way if you don't want to get hurt!
ULTIMATE ... SKILL ... !! INTO PIECES!!...
Bye Bye!!"
-At which point he breaks into about 50 miniature goblins that will run away.
-Double click on the miniature goblins to get a Money Bag. These goblins are really fast and hard to click. They'll run northwest mostly, so run with them.
-Return the money bag by talking to one of the Bank Guards and receive
-
Snowflake Festival Package
-Opening this got me:
-10 x Phirius Elixir - Type B
-10 x Phirius Elixir - Type C

OR

Silver Snowflake Festival Stocking
-opening this got me
-10 x Phirius Elixir - Type B

OR

-Golden Snowflake Festival Package (requires ancient Key)
-opening this got me Home-Sweet-Home

-usually gets resolved within a few minutes, with a message saying:
With the heroes' help, Varanas Bank has safely avoided a robbery

[/INDENT]
NPC: Andrew Dell (Varanas gate bridge)[INDENT]1)10 Sled Fragments: find these on monsters you kill, turn them in to get a Goody-Goody Certificate
and a Snowflakes Festival Blessing buff for 1 hour (increase hp by 100 )
2)5 Magical Stones: Go to the Barrow in Howling Mountains and click on the Pile of Magical Stones you see around. Most of the time you'll get a Naughty Snowman playing a trick on you (casting a lasso at you or a short curse) or a Gingerbread man (level 3 elite 360 hp). Turning in 5 stones gets you a Goody-Goody Certificate and a random buff for 1 hour (+6 hp regen every 2 seconds)
3)8 Reindeers: go to Khazor's Watchtower in Ystra Highlands and find:
3 Reindeer
3 Snowflake Festival Reindeers
2 Royal Reindeers
Accepting the quest will get you 8 x Andrew's Bells. Find the reindeer (not the Khazdoor reindeer), click on them, then use the bell. It may take several tries, but eventually, you'll capture it. Wait a minute and it will respawn, then repeat. Do the same for the other 2 types of deer on the list. Once you get all 8, turn them into Andrew Dell, and get a Goody-Goody certificate and a buff that increases MP regen by 6 every 2 seconds (1 hour).
[/INDENT]
Silverfall:
Giant Tree with 4 Snowflake Festival Gifts underneath(Center of Silverfall)[INDENT]-Click on a gift to receive Snowflake Festival Package

Notes:
-gifts last 7 days

[/INDENT]
NPC: Donichuka (Center of Silverfall)[INDENT]-Help Jingle Brothers who are stuck in chimneys by gathering 10 x Slippery Boar Oil from boars found in Howling Mountains, Silverspring, Aslan Valley.

[/INDENT]
NPC: Amanda Shackleton (Center of Silverfall)[INDENT]-Exchange 10 Goody-Goody Certificates for a reward:
TheMann64 got : Andrew's Gift Package (opening this got him 500 x guild rubies)
-Exchange 2 Transport Portal Runes for Snowflake Festival Repeat Ticket

Notes:
-Obtain Goody-Goody Certificates by helping Andrew Dell on Varanas Gate bridge
[/INDENT]
Harf Trading Post:

Giant Tree with 4 Snowflake Festival Gifts underneath(Near western part of town by mailbox)[INDENT]-Click on a gift to receive Snowflake Festival Package

Notes:
-gifts last 7 days
[/INDENT]
NPC: Donichuka (next to the gift tree described above, near mailbox)[INDENT]-Help Jingle Brothers who are stuck in chimneys by gathering 10 x Slippery Boar Oil from boars found in Howling Mountains, Silverspring, Aslan Valley.[/INDENT]
Ystra Highlands:

NPC: Bad Jingle Brother (aggressive Level 30 monster, ? health, found outside of town)[INDENT]-kill to loot a Lost Gift

[/INDENT]
NPC: Frost Snowman King (aggressive level 55 boss, 377,716 health, found in Sea of Snow coordinates ~(45,31) . Look for him near clickable snowpiles, and you'll get a ping on screen warning you that you are nearing him.[INDENT]-message at 9:45 EST stating "Unusual spirits are converging on the Ystra Highlands"
-appeared at 10:00am EST with message stating "The unusual spirits have converged into a formation in the Frostwood Valley in the Ystra Highlands" (I couldn't find him at Frostwood) and
"The unusual spirits have converged into a formation on the Sea of Snow in the Ystra Highlands"
-can cast an "AOE" that turn nearby players into Snowmen temporarily, which prevents them from doing anything except picking up snowballs that are nearby
-can also put a frost effect on players which slows their movement speed
-can use Frost Recovery to recover some health. This skill makes it impossible for 2 players to kill him by themselves, solo would never work :/ Need a party of at least 3 people.
-immune to all attacks but snowballs

-Collect Spirit-Collecting Snowball from the snowpiles around him
-Use the snowballs on him to damage him
-use snowballs on players who are snowmen to turn them back to normal

After defeating him he turns into a Snow Fairy
-Hand over 10 goody-goody certificates to trade for a reward:
Reward: 3 x Snowflake Festival Stocking Biscuit and 10 x Phirius Potion - Type A
-You assissted in the defeat of Frost snowman king
Rewards:
Goody-Goody Certificate and 2 x Transformation Potion - Snowman
Goody-Goody Certifcate and 3 x Snowflake Festival Stocking Biscuit
EscapeTheFate03 got: Goody-Goody certificate and 5 x Snowball

Hit him with 500 snowballs, then talk to snow fairy for a title: Frost Snowman King Terminator (Awarded after talking to the snow fairy)
Restore 500 players from snowman status for a title(?): (for some reason I didn't get this title but I got the next one, strange...)

Hit him with 1000 snowballs, restore players 1000 times, then talk to snow fairy for a title: Legendary Snowball thrower

------------------------------
[/INDENT]
NPC: Murfanya (in Sea of Snow, right next to respawn point at (43,30) )[INDENT]
-once she has anything "concrete" to report in, she'll let us know....
-started ~11:00am EST, ~2:00pm EST (after defeating both Frost Snowman Kings in channel 1 and 2, appears about 10-15 after appearance of Snow Fairy), lasts 1 hour
-When you click on "I'm ready!" it'll take you to a small circular public zone with the Stormforce Snowman inside.
Level 1 boss, 29k HP, aggressive, but usually wont target you since he's such a low level
He's the only enemy in this zone, and his damage is very pathetic though he has a lot of HP, so any level player can join in the fun.

-Goal of this event is to kill the Stormforce Snowman, but he's invulnerable to normal attacks. To damage him, you have to run him over lit fires. Lit fires are also used to reduce the slowing debuff that accumulates on your character, just stand next to the fire and the debuff decreases over time. If this debuff hits 20, then you'll get kicked out of the zone, but you can come back in by talking to Murfanya again. This event requires at least 3 people to complete successfully.

-Players can take one of two roles:
1)Fire starers (unlimited)
-This zone has random piles of wood laying around the field
-The fire starts get a special skill "Blaze":
- left click the ground near the pile of wood, then press the Alt+1 hotkey, then click on the pile of wood to light it. This can be a bit tricky because if you have anything targeted (such as yourself, or the Stormforce snowman) then it wont let you light the fire.

2)Trailblazer (one player at a time, and can only become this if you haven't had it for at least 2 minutes) - Lasts 1 minute, and you'll get a fire effect surrounding your character
-talk to fairy Talanshya at the start to get the title of trailblazer if no one else has it
OR
-Have someone else pass trailblazer onto you
-Trailblazer gets a special skill:
- use this skill on the Stormforce Snowman to get his attention and grab aggro. Once you have his attention, lead him to lit fires. This skill will also damage the snowman, so use it periodically to hit him as well.
- use this skill on other players (who have not had Trailblazer for 2 minutes) to transfer Trailblazer to them.
-make sure to pass the trailblazer onto another player before the time expires so that the Stormforce Snowman never loses aggro. If it loses aggro, then its HP will return to 100%

-This event is pretty tricky to coordinate as you have to pass the trailblazer, but the last person who had it can't receive it again. May help if you have a guild with ventrilo or mumble.

-at around 30% the Stormforce Snowman gets 3 new skills: 1) heal a bit 2) make you slip for about 3 seconds 3) fear (?)

-making a tight circle around the fairy in the center seems to be the best strategy, just keep lighting fires near it. That way if someone forgets to pass the Trailblazer, someone nearby can aggro it and prevent it from going back to 100%.

Rewards:
-I got 1 x Goody-Goody Certificate and 25 x Fusion Crystal Sand : Bound, Can't be sold, To fuse special materials with the Arcane Transmutor, insert into the fusion interface: 4 Fusion Crystal Sand to extract 1 Fusion Fragment. Continued extraction of this item will keep raising its level, and eventually produce: 1 Purified Fusion Stone.
[/INDENT]
Obsidian Stronghold (Glory square):

NPC: Audrey Shackleton
- turn in 10 goody-goody certificates
-this got me : Andrew's Gift Package (requires ancient key to open) and a buff called "Snowflake Festival Blessings" which lasts 1 hour and gives 10% riding speed bonus

Giant Tree with 4 Snowflake Festival Gifts underneath(Near middle entrance to Central district)-Click on a gift to receive Snowflake Festival Package

Dalanis:

Giant Tree with 4 Snowflake Festival Gifts underneath(Near middle entrance to Central district)[INDENT]-Click on a gift to receive Snowflake Festival Package

Notes:
-gifts last 7 days

[/INDENT]
NPC: Pak Dicca (by Snoop outside Dalanis)[INDENT]-Adopting a Deer: Complete this daily to get a buff called "Deer Adoption" that stacks. This buff lasts for 1 day and 12 hours, and each time you complete it, the counter increases.[INDENT]Quest: Deer Feed - Winter Grass (67,831 exp, 2,284 gold)
[/INDENT]
[INDENT] -Obtain 10 x Winter Grass from Wild Gulos near Herbalist camp
-Takes <5 minutes to complete

Quest: Deer Feed - Mistletoe Plant (67831 exp, 2,284 gold)
-obtain 10 x Mistletoe Plants from Milasso Gulos in Milasso Forest
-takes about 10 minutes to complete

Quest: Deer Feed - Norsa Grass (Thanks EscapeTheFate03)

-Completing this without a buff:
Bonus reward: 10 x Phirius Elixir - Type B
-another time I got 10 xPhirius Elixir - Type A, and it gave me buff level 1
-EscapeTheFate03 got 2 x Snowflake Festival hat biscuit

2nd time completing this got me (buff level "1"):
-5 x Hearts Alike
and 3 x Snowflake Party Transformation Candy and increased my buff from 1 to 3, and refreshed buff to 1 day and 11 hours.
-miccer30 got Backpack Ticket III (7 Days) & 5x Low-Class Plant Protection & Goody-Goody Certificate

3rd time completing this got me (buff level "3"):
-Reindeer Mount (7 Days) and Bank Space Scroll II (7 Days) and increased my buff from 3 to 5, and refreshed buff to 1 day and 11 hours.
-nullwinter got royal-reindeer-mount-7-days & gold-snowflake-festival-tree
-zJDz got golden tree + Gingerbread Man Pet Egg - 7days
-miccer30 got Bank Space Scroll II (7 Days) 5x Low-Class Plant Protection & Goody-Goody Certificate

4th time completing this got me (buff level "5"):
-Blue Snowflake Festival Tree and Gingerbread Man - Pet Egg (7 Days)
and removed my buff altogether.
-EscapeTheFate03 got Gold Snowflake Festival Tree + Gingerbread Man - Pet Egg (7 Days)
-EscapeTheFate03 got Orange Snowflake Festival Tree + Gingerbread Man - Pet Egg (7 Days)
[/INDENT]
[/INDENT]
NPC: Koli Max (near fountain)[INDENT]-Hand in Unknown Gifts to get Snowflake Tree Ornament
Reward for 10 Unknown gifts:
Reward for 30 Unknown gifts:
Reward for 50 Unknown gifts:

[/INDENT]
NPC: Wishing Snowflake Tree (near fountain)[INDENT]-Use "ornaments" to decorate the tree
-Receive gifts from the tree if you decorate it [/INDENT]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts that may have additional info:

http://forum.us.runesofmagic.com/showthread.php?t=31398 :
How to access Jingle Brothers: (I'll add some more tips in brackets [protip] )

Quoted

Logar

• Peter - Gate House with 2 guards [entrance to Logar]

• On you mount jump use the stack of wood on the west side with one crossed log to jump onto the fence.
    • Go across the fence and hop onto the roof.

• Owen - Building with the crafting tables
    • Unmounted to the second floor around back.
    • Go to the top of the stairs and jump onto the banister. (Easy)
    • Jump on the the banister corner that sticks out and switch to walk to edge yourself back. (Tough)
    • Switch back to run and jump for the lowest part of the roof. (CRAZY HARD) [actually its alot easier if you walk and jump instead of run and jump]
    • [DONT JUMP OFF THE BUILDING YET, GET JINGLE BROTHER - HALL NEXT]

• Hall
    • From [Jingle Brother - ]Owen get on your mount and hop onto the lover roof set (with the smelting)
    • Leap across over the next building and there you will be. Make sure you jump AT THE LAST SECOND.

• Jack - This in on the "your house" building. [Look for Meydo, then go to the stairs at the back of the building]

• Can be done entirely mounted or not.
    • Climb up the stairs on the right side and jump across to the roof over the banister. Once on the roof run high enough up to oil up Jack.

Silverfall

• Ludo - Para's House (farthest south)
    • Mount jump from the hill just south of the house onto the small side roof.
    • Unmount and jump from the side roof onto the main room where they meet (VERY TRICKY)
    • Talk to Ludo and try to stay on the roof. You can talk to Ludo after the first jump (recommenced) but you can appy the oil until the second.
    • [zJDz's strat: -mount up, -face towards the crates at the bottom, -jump onto the highest crate
      -dismount, switch to walking, -go back a half an inch, -jump onto the roof]
    • EscapeTheFate03 says: i just mount jump from the hills for Ludo, tried the boxes but the boxes r too close to the building/roof... hard to get on the boxes most of the time & when u can its hard jump coz the roof sticks out too far which stops u from jumping unless ur standing right on the far edge of the box.

• Simon - House on the north side with the daily board.
    • Without a mount get onto the top of the stack of boxes on the back (north) side of the house. (tricky)
    • Mount and jump onto the room [or just run and jump on]
    • EscapeTheFate03 says: And with Simon, I figured u don't even have to jump on the roof/house at all xD
      For me: jump on the top box on top of the 2 boxes on the ground
      Face Simon, switch to walk, move backwards on the top box to the edge to get to the highest pt of the box, target Simon & talk & use Oil =)
      You can try summoning mount if it doesn't work so you won't get the "can't see target" error, (standing at the highest pt of the top box won't get the error) but summoning a mount for me usually makes me fall off the box lol.

• [Nick - House next to blacksmithing tools]
  • [walk-jump onto the crates between the houses, then jump onto the roof the small house. Or using galloping gale and a mount, run up the 3 logs then jump onto the small roof of the small house. then dismount and jump onto the taller roof of the small house.

• then mount up and jump to the tall house with Nick]

Half Trading Post

• Leo - Huge building north of town [with Louie Armstrong]

• Take the stairs around back
    • Jump onto the banister unmounted and jump onto the roon were they are the closest.
    • [or, instead of taking the stairs, jump onto the roof from the snowy cliff next to it using a mount]

• William - Large building between daily board and house keeper on north end of town. [near Apenny Eli]

• unmounted jump onto boxes unless your very precise and then you can mount run the rest of this one
    • Jump on the boxes on the northwest side. Jump up on the roof next to the little gable. Run up to the top of the roof and then jump across onto the steep roof. Run up to the top but be sure not to run so fast you fall off.

• Harry - House with the daily board and mailbox. [near Shamar]

• Unmounted take the stairs to the first landing.
    • Jump on the banister jump onto roof.

http://forum.us.runesofmagic.com/showthread.php?t=51879 : Snowflake festival items disappearing last year 2010 upon getting into seige

http://forum.us.runesofmagic.com/showthread.php?t=51545 : Discussion about some of the issues/bugs with Snowflake festival last year 2010

http://forum.us.runesofmagic.com/showthread.php?t=773: past issues from 2008 onwards with the christmas quests:

http://forum.us.runesofmagic.com/showthread.php?t=31639 : Members posting about rewards from Andrew's Gift Box and Little Reindeer's Gift from 2009 and 2010

http://forum.us.runesofmagic.com/showthread.php?t=52025 and
http://forum.us.runesofmagic.com/showthread.php?t=51592: Snowflake Festival Event Titles and how to obtain them from 2010
Boss snowman appears between sea of snow, and frostwood valley every few hours?

http://forum.us.runesofmagic.com/showthread.php?t=32900 : Difficulty/Frustration of completing the Golden Snowflake Festival set (2010)

http://forum.us.runesofmagic.com/showthr…wflake+festival : Feedback on rewards from this year's (2011) snowflake festival.

[/LEFT]

Wednesday, December 14th 2011, 3:17pm

<space reserved for further information>

TheMann64

Intermediate

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 7:35pm

Has anybody turned in any Goody-Goody certificates yet? I'm wondering if they have changed the rewards at all from last year. For example, the autumn festival this year gave elemental crystals in addition to the festival package. I don't remember them doing that last year... I'm hoping the trend of Elemental Crystals continues!
Govinda
Guild: Theblacknights
Babesmann - Dwarfmann

Friday, December 16th 2011, 4:19pm

I found 2 level 30 Bad Jingle Brothers while gathering reindeer in Ystra Highlands. They also dropped Lost Gifts.

The level 5 BJB did not drop loot for a level 26 so I am assuming there are versions all over of different levels. If you odn't normally get loot from a mob that level, you won't get a lost gift either.

Friday, December 16th 2011, 4:36pm

Thank you DraconisRex, I'll update the guide with your information!

If anyone else has info on spawn locations or loot from opening stockings or such, post them here and I'll compile them together.

ElvenScribe

Intermediate

Friday, December 16th 2011, 10:13pm

I got two green(?) packages for turning in 20 Lost Gifts. The first one gave me ore, and the second one gave me a red package which gave me an overdura santa hat.

Terenth P/K/M

Darkorchid Wd/R/W
And a K/M/S, P/W/M, D/R/S, W/R, R/S, M/Ch and innumerable level-one alts.

Friday, December 16th 2011, 10:36pm

Thanks for the info ElvenScribe! I'll update the first post with your data. Do you know what kind of ore it was? And how many?

Also, DraconisRex, I've been getting Lost Gifts from the low level bad jingle brothers, and I'm level 60. Once I even got 2 gifts from one bjb.

ElvenScribe

Intermediate

Saturday, December 17th 2011, 6:32am

Yeah, I got 70x tin ore.

Terenth P/K/M

Darkorchid Wd/R/W
And a K/M/S, P/W/M, D/R/S, W/R, R/S, M/Ch and innumerable level-one alts.

Saturday, December 17th 2011, 7:03am

Anyone know anything about

Quoted

The Winter of Snowman
Event type: Defeat Snowman
Start location: Ystra Highlands
Event Location: Ystra Highlands
Event Target: Defeat the Stormforce Snowman
???

The only Snowman I could find in Ystra is the Frost Snowman King from

Quoted

Challenging Frost Snowman King
Event type: Find and defeat
Start location: Ystra Highands
Event Location: Ystra Highlands
Event Target: Find and defeat the Frost Giant
Stuff I've gotten has already been listed already =/ otherwise I did turn in 2x 50x Unknown Gifts for the Tree:
NPC: Kolu Max (near fountain)
-Hand in Unknown Gifts to get Snowflake Tree Ornament
Reward for 10 Unknown gifts:
Reward for 30 Unknown gifts:
Reward for 50 Unknown gifts: Silk Bow + Goody-Goody Certificate =
2x Snowflake Festival Hat Biscuit (50% HP+MP) + 5x Home-Sweet-Home + Red Snowflake Festival Seed
10x Phirius Potion - Type B + 3x Potion of Luck + 5x Low-Class Plant Protection

Last year I got Blue Dream Plant Pot & Modern Landscaping Plant Pot from the Tree after turning in 2x 10x Unknown Gifts I think... not sure how many I turned in, but I remember getting those house pottery pieces from it... most of the rewards u get from the Tree is really only beneficial if you lvl ur Planting skill really high coz otherwise all the ItemShop pottery & plant food & items you get from it is worthless since they're all bound lol.
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´ ¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.

(◕‿◕) \(●̮̮̃•̃)/ ღ~*•..¸˛.•*¨*•.¸Osha + Grimdal + Siochain = Home Sweet Home ¸.•*¨*•.˛¸.•*~ღ \(●̮̮̃•̃)/ (◕‿◕)

Saturday, December 17th 2011, 3:29pm

Thank you ElvenScribe and EscapeTheFate03! I updated the first post with your info.

I'm not going to add the drops from last year to the original post, but its good to compare since this year's rewards are most likely similar to last year's.

People, keep the loot/rewards info coming! Lets find out which of these events are actually worthwhile to complete!

aardvark3

Professional

Saturday, December 17th 2011, 5:16pm

The rewards from this year are not similar to the rewards from last year they are exactly the same.
The Adopt a Deer quest line was exactly the same ending with the same Christmas trees that they ended with last year. I now have 20 Christmas trees in my inventory.

Saturday, December 17th 2011, 5:28pm

My 3rd time doing Adopting a Deer quest i received a royal-reindeer-mount-7-days & gold-snowflake-festival-tree

Saturday, December 17th 2011, 7:42pm

Thanks nullwinter! updated the post with your info

Saturday, December 17th 2011, 10:44pm

3rd day of doing the Adopt a Deer quest, I got a golden tree as well, but also a Gingerbread Man Pet Egg - 7days

EDIT: tried your method of getting onto the roof of Paras' house, in Silverfall.

Short answer, did not work.

An alternative, I found, is to:
-mount up
-face towards the crates at the bottom
-jump onto the highest crate
-dismount, switch to walking
-go back a half an inch
-jump onto the roof
I found it to be easier, I think either way works
Kreath 70k/57p/55s-Govinda | Average Coast of Op ping...

[img][/img]

Sunday, December 18th 2011, 1:54am

updated with your info zJDz!

Sunday, December 18th 2011, 2:00pm

Deer Quest 2nd &amp; 3rd day rewards

my rewards are totally different than last years or even the year before

2nd day reward i received a backpack ticket III (7 days i believe) and low-class plant protection x 5 and a goodie goodie cert

3rd reward bank page II for 7 days low-class plant protection x5 and a goodie goodie cert

Sunday, December 18th 2011, 3:21pm

Alrighty, thanks miccer30! Quick question though, are you sure you got goody-goody certificates from the adopt a deer quest? No one else seems to have gotten those from that quest, and it seems a little odd for that item to randomly drop.

Monday, December 19th 2011, 11:46am

Quoted from "zJDz;494671"

EDIT: tried your method of getting onto the roof of Paras' house, in Silverfall.

Short answer, did not work.

An alternative, I found, is to:
-mount up
-face towards the crates at the bottom
-jump onto the highest crate
-dismount, switch to walking
-go back a half an inch
-jump onto the roof
I found it to be easier, I think either way works

LoL i just mount jump from the hills for Ludo, tried the boxes but the boxes r too close to the building/roof... hard to get on the boxes most of the time & when u can its hard jump coz the roof sticks out too far which stops u from jumping unless ur standing right on the far edge of the box.

And with Simon, I figured u don't even have to jump on the roof/house at all xD
For me: jump on the top box on top of the 2 boxes on the ground
Face Simon, switch to walk, move backwards on the top box to the edge to get to the highest pt of the box, target Simon & talk & use Oil =)
You can try summoning mount if it doesn't work so you won't get the "can't see target" error, (standing at the highest pt of the top box won't get the error) but summoning a mount for me usually makes me fall off the box lol.
----------------------
10x Goody Goody Certificates = Andrew's Gift Package - 10x Transport Runes + Snowflake Festival Blessings: 10% riding speed for 1 hr buff

----------------------
NPC: Kolu Max (near fountain) + Wishing/Splendid Snowflake Tree... I figured that the whole decorating & clicking on tree thing is separate things. If you have already turned in Unknown Gifts/decorated the tree before during the event any previous day, then the rest of the days of the festival, you can click on "Receive gift from tree" first, then talk to Kolu Max to receive the Ornament + Goody Goody Certificate. Placing an Ornament on the tree only gives you the 30 min buff which I'll pay attention more if there's any differences. The buff may be determined by what Ornament you decorate the tree with, which in turn in obtained by how many Unknown Gifts u turned in...tho all get these days is Language of Splendidness = +85% loot drop for 30 mins. Maybe you get better buffs the more gifts you turn in, not sure.
Rly dunno what the whole difference is between turning in 10/30/50 Unknown Gifts per turn-in, if there is any difference, maybe it's just so you can turn in 500 Unknown Gifts sooner to obtain the title? Or maybe you got better presents the more gifts you turn in overall total?? I've turned in about idk 300 gifts by now prolly.
Reward for 10 Unknown gifts: Candy Cane Ornament + Goody-Goody Certificate
Reward for 30 Unknown gifts: Decoration Ribbon + Goody-Goody Certificate = Tree got me: 10x Phirius Potion - Type A + 3x Skill Potion + 5x Low-Class Plant Protection, 2x Snowflake Festival Stocking Biscuit + 3x Potion of Luck + Red Snowflake Festival Seed
Reward for 50 Unknown gifts: Silk Bow + Goody-Goody Certificate

Received gift before decorating with ornament: 10x Phirius Elixir - Type A + 5x Transport Rune + Golden Eye Magical Pot

Red Snowflake Festival Stocking - 5x Hearts Alike, 5x Golden Brillance, 10 x Phirius Elixir - Type D, 10 x Phirius Potion - Type D, 2x Snowflake Festival Hat Biscuit

Little Reindeer's Package from saving Jingle Bros (needs key)- 1x Transport Rune for me! ugh waste of key! coz it only cost 80 pt for one but Key requires 100 pt! lol

NPC: Andrew Dell's another Snowflake Festival Blessings random buff he gives whether u find stones, reindeer, sled pieces is +100 HP for 1 hr, rofl pathetic. Srsly if it is a buff...would be more worthy if it was like +10,000 HP lol

Train Reindeer: Deer Feed: Mistletoe Plant, Norsa Grass, Winter Grass
This quest is totally random on what it makes you get... I must be totally unlucky coz game loves to make me get 10x Norsa Grass from SJF's Timid Gulos! Milasso Gulos's Mistletoe Plant & Wild Gulo's Winter Grass are found in THH...but not Norsa Grass lolz. And dropping quest & talking to the NPC again won't give you another quest lol... And the first time completing it got got me 2x Snowflake Festival Hat Biscuit instead.

Challenging Frost Snowman King: Talking to the Snow Fairy got me 5x Snowball (lolz mine made ppl turn into Snowmen, not sure if that's the only result from throwing Snowballs at ppl) + 1 Goody Goody Certificate

Anyone figure out yet where Stormforce Snowman is in Ystra??? Or did they forget to spawn him?
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´ ¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.

(◕‿◕) \(●̮̮̃•̃)/ ღ~*•..¸˛.•*¨*•.¸Osha + Grimdal + Siochain = Home Sweet Home ¸.•*¨*•.˛¸.•*~ღ \(●̮̮̃•̃)/ (◕‿◕)

Tuesday, December 20th 2011, 3:41am

Quoted from "nullwinter;494618"

My 3rd time doing Adopting a Deer quest i received a royal-reindeer-mount-7-days & gold-snowflake-festival-tree

The rewards are always the same for the Adopting a deer quest. Though the Reindeer mount and tree color can be different. I have 6 trees from last year. Free TP furniture.

And since I'm leveling my third class on dailies, this is a free daily, like the Binpike twins and guild castle quest boards, even though it isn't a lot of xp.

Overall, most of the events aren't as worthwhile anymore since almost everybody does the mini games now, so they are most likely never out of phirus potions.

I just like to see how fast I can do the Santa rescue.

camagic

Professional

Tuesday, December 20th 2011, 2:05pm

I rather enjoy the festivals. The events are relativly easy. The rewards either are great, or really bad in my experience.

I recommend the rescue santa reindeer from ystra highlands as the easiest to do.

The decorate tree by trading unknow gifts is nice with a 85% drop rate for 30 min. -pretty decent reward

The free 15 tp tree for your house from the feed the reindeer in dalanis npc is one of the better furniture house bonuses.
-also the 67k xp from this is the best from festival events I have seen.

the snowman king is horrible because ppl can seem to grasp the concept of picking up a snowball and chucking it at him. I repeatedly see them Low Blow and Flame. I wonder if they just fail to see the immunes that keep bouncing off the snowman, or what?

the rescue the jingle brothers(aka santas in chimmenys) is really good practice at jumping (or cheating). The rewards are look great, but are garbage because you cant use the most candies in the instances.

The lost gifts trade-in is really poor from what I can tell

The bank robbery is still broken :(

The fireworks for AT charges is great, but missing for some reason:mad:

The sled fragments is a free turn-in, but I get way more than I could possibly turn in. (already threw away a couple stacks of 99, not just the individual pickups via a loot filter, but whole stacks)

never tried the stones:(
95wd/95s/65d
server artemis
Please do not "class balanace" the tactics I use.