You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, January 3rd 2013, 4:25pm

Quoted from "EscapeTheFate03;583377"

Anyone done the Crumpled Letter quest yet. I can't for the life of me find where Jason Bauer's son Willy Bauer is....

I read from German forums that if You finish "Track down Blake Peater" quest in Winternight Valley he is sometimes in that cave among the boys You rescue. But I doubt that quest is related just some award.

Tuesday, January 8th 2013, 4:59am

Ya I saw that it was for a boy in Winternight Valley cept the guy you're supposed to kill gets glitchy a lot so you can't free the children =(

Anyone know what's up with the quests Shaunee Gorlo gives...? "The Girl Who Lights up Firewood" & "The Little Girl's Wishes"
After you do the 1st quest "The Girl Who Lights up Firewood" 3x to obtain Wish for Joy & Wish for Food & Wish for Warmth on 3 separate days... then the 2nd quest "The Little Girl's Wishes" opens the 4th day which says come talk to him every 2 days to light up pieces of firewood to find out more of Cinny's wishes...but then it seems like nothing else happens except the cycle starts again after the 3 wishes are turned in?? I mean we know her real wish is her Grandmother... unless we can't throw away the Magic Firewood Ashes??? Since everyday we get 1 Magic Firewood Ashes, they were stacking up & it didn't look like turning in the quests made them disappear so I just delete them coz they were copies of each other & it seems like the wishes were the only items needed... or am I supposed to have 6 items (3 ashes + 3 wishes) to turn in for "The Little Girl's Wishes" to start another quest?

While trying to find Snowland animal spirits for the 5 titles - I couldn't find the spirits at all except for Snowland Wolf Spirit that hangs around 69, 35 & Snowland Bull Spirit which moves WAY too fast to even logically take down imo lol - I saw a portal thing that says Entrance of Snowland at 60.4, 40.8...no clue what its for... Trying to click on it says "You attempt to create a resonance in the Entrance of Snowland, but to no avail..." LOL?
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´ ¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.

(◕‿◕) \(●̮̮̃•̃)/ ღ~*•..¸˛.•*¨*•.¸Osha + Grimdal + Siochain = Home Sweet Home ¸.•*¨*•.˛¸.•*~ღ \(●̮̮̃•̃)/ (◕‿◕)

Thursday, January 10th 2013, 2:06am

I've seen those animal spirits, bear, bull, mammoth and eagle at least, and using the tool chest on them gives you various debuffs. What quest is needed for those animals? Also, how do you get the crystals from the spirits that randomly appear for the quest?

Thursday, January 10th 2013, 5:13am

Hmm figured it out... the Entrance to Snowlands thing at 60.4, 40.8 is where you summon the last spirit to get the 5th title after using the Tool Set 10x on each Spirit to obtain the 4 titles from:
Snowland Wolf Spirit at 68, 35 - debuff is stun/blackout
Snowland Elephant Spirit at 74, 39 - debuff is slow
Snowland Eagle Spirit at 78, 49 - debuff is fear
Snowland Bull Spirit...would love to know where this hangs out at mainly, no idea what the debuff is if there's one at all.

Supposedly the last boss has all the previous spirits' debuffs & the Tool Set needs to be used 20x to obtain the last title Powerful Spirit Blessings

Quoted from "Krutzveld;584092"

I've seen those animal spirits, bear, bull, mammoth and eagle at least, and using the tool chest on them gives you various debuffs. What quest is needed for those animals? Also, how do you get the crystals from the spirits that randomly appear for the quest?

The quest "giver" for the animal spirits is the Old Man at Khazor Watchtower though all he says is go seek the spirits out...I guess if you talk to him after you've accomplished everything he'll give us a quest?? No idea......

I guess u mean the quest to obtain 2x Ice Crystals?
When you see the yellow warning saying Temperature has fallen whatever, put down firewood & light it up & run away from the Crystal thing while making sure the lit up firewood is between you & it. After it slows down to fall onto the ground dead, run after it & click on it asap before it disappears from the ground to obtain the Ice Crystal
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´ ¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(◕‿◕) \(●̮̮̃•̃)/ ღ~*•..¸˛.•*¨*•.¸Osha + Grimdal + Siochain = Home Sweet Home ¸.•*¨*•.˛¸.•*~ღ \(●̮̮̃•̃)/ (◕‿◕)

Friday, January 11th 2013, 1:22am

I saw the bull one right near the wolf, they almost overlap paths. I forget what the debuff is too. I will have to try and click faster, normally as soon as I see the warning I light a fire, so they disappear quick. I thought the old man only gives the venison quest, which I use for going up ToWW, saving some wood. Now if I could get a pet crystal up there :)

Wednesday, January 16th 2013, 7:48am

Quoted from "Krutzveld;584172"

I saw the bull one right near the wolf, they almost overlap paths. I forget what the debuff is too. I will have to try and click faster, normally as soon as I see the warning I light a fire, so they disappear quick. I thought the old man only gives the venison quest, which I use for going up ToWW, saving some wood. Now if I could get a pet crystal up there :)

Ya it seems like the bull runs everywhere from the wolf to elephant to eagle & back around unless there's an area it hangs out at for a while before running everywhere?

Ice Crystals thing you have to move away from the fire or else it will disappear because it floats to wherever you are until after it becomes semi-melted, if you're standing at the fire, it will melt & disappear there. The trick is that you want the Ice Crystal to float near the fire to semi-melt but not completely go stationary there coz it will float away when you're not near the firewood...then you go click on it to grab the item when it's going away trying to escape the fire from the firewood but it's too late lol...hard to explain I guess...

The old man you're thinking about is one that is stationary at the tent Gudalfo Reed I think... the old man I'm talking about is simply called Old Man I think... Experienced Old Man or something LOL & he walks around all those NPCs at the start of Snowlands... think he hangs out near the guy who teleports you back to Varanas.

Has anyone gotten anything interesting from turning in 10x Frost Reward Tickets other than runes & pet stuff other than: 10x Home Sweet Home, 10x Guild Castle Transport Stone, 10x Transport Runes
Drummer Snowman - Pet Box (30 Days), Little Snowman King - Pet Egg (7 Days), Stormforce Snowman - Pet Egg (Permanent)?
I'm wondering if costume pieces drop from turning those in...since it's a new event, there isn't a loot table or anything I could find so far from it =/
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´ ¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

Thursday, January 17th 2013, 1:10am

The bull I found goes in a big loop around the other three, part of that loop is along the main road. I hung out at the torches on the road and waited for him to go by and got a shot or two on him until he was down. I found the 5th spirit by activating a gate at around (60, 40) it looks like a giant gulo and gives all the debuffs randomly when attacked. Only problem I've found now is that it will reset about halfway through and you have to start all over. Guess I'll need more people for this one, maybe 5 or so because I think the reset is on a timer.

As for drops, I get the same things you mentioned for turning in tickets. But I have got quite a few aggs from the little blue chests spread out across the map. I think there are about 5 on the way up ToWW alone.

Thursday, January 17th 2013, 4:38am

Quoted from "Hirundo;583409"

I read from German forums that if You finish "Track down Blake Peater" quest in Winternight Valley he is sometimes in that cave among the boys You rescue. But I doubt that quest is related just some award.

How many snowballs does it take to take down Blake??? I tried getting & dropping the quest to obtain more Snowballs but dropping the quest makes the 10x Snowballs given to you disappear... each Snowball barely does any dmg to Blake...

Quoted from "Krutzveld;585088"

As for drops, I get the same things you mentioned for turning in tickets. But I have got quite a few aggs from the little blue chests spread out across the map. I think there are about 5 on the way up ToWW alone.

Hmmm lucky... all those along the way chests in ToWW I get from going up it behind the stairs & stuff have only given me Fusion Sand or whatever O_o
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´ ¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

Beren

Board Administrator and Super GameMaster

Mood: Evil

Thursday, December 19th 2013, 1:35pm

Push and stickied...thread has useful information for players for this current event. :)

~Beren

EDIT: Below is a copied version of the Snowflake Festival Event Overview from last year:

Snowflake Festival Event Overview

- Festival Activities conducted in Ystra Highlands, Howling Mountains, Thunderhoof Hills, Southern Janost Forest, Silverspring and Snowlands
- Festival NPCs will be located at: Logar, Varanas, Silverspring, Harf Trade Post, Dalanis City
- 12 Festival Events

Daily Quest Sled Fragment

- Event type: find and collect
- Start location: Varanas Bridge
- Event location: Taborea
- Event Target: find and collect Sled Fragments

Daily Quest Magical Stones

- Event location: Howling Mountains
- Event Target: find and collect Magical Stones

Daily Quest Reindeers

- Event location: Ystra Highlands
- Event Target: find and collect Reindeers

Decorating Snowflake Trees

- Event type: deliver
- Start location: Varanas Central Plaza, Dalanis City Entrance
- Event Target: deliver Items

Train Reindeer: Deer Feed: Mistletoe Plant, Norsa Grass, Winter Grass

- Event type: collect items
- Start location: Dalanis Entrance
- Event location: Thunderhoof Hills, Southern Janost Forest
- Event Target: Collect Food for Reindeer

Snowflake Festival Gift

- Event type: find and open gifts
- Event Target: find and open gifts to obtain rewards

Stuck Jingle Brothers

- Event type: find and help NPCs
- Start location: Logar, Silverfall, Harf Trading Post
- Event location: Logar, Silverfall, Harf Trading Post
- Event Target: find and help all Jingle Brothers

Bad Jingle Brothers

- Event type: find and defeat
- Start location: Taborea
- Event location: Candara
- Event Target: find and defeat Bad Jingle Brothers

Goblin's Bank Robbery

- Event type: defeat Monster, help NPCs
- Start location: Varanas
- Event location: Varanas
- Event Target: help the Bank Guards

Challenging Frost Snowman King

- Event type: find and defeat
- Start location: Ystra Highands
- Event Location: Ystra Highlands
- Event Target: find and defeat the Frost Giant

The Winter of Snowman

- Event type: defeat
- Start location: Ystra Highlands
- Event Location: Ystra Highlands
- Event Target: defeat the Stormforce Snowman

Exploring the Snowlands

Available via Snowland Explorer Transporter in Central Varanas

- Event type: Quests
- Start location: Snowlands
- Event Location: Snowlands
- Event Target: fulfill Quests

Yrcanos

The Dungeon Keeper

Thursday, December 19th 2013, 9:48pm

Daily Quest Magical Stones
Goblin's Bank Robbery

Thanks to Beren for posting the above from the EU side.
Just thought I'd mention that the two events quoted are the two that seem to bug out every year and if they don't work for you, then you're likely going to have to wait until a maintenance.

This will unfortunately, frustrate new players as the quests that give you the Tour around Varanas cannot be finished if the bank NPC's don't respawn. :(

I'm still patching and hope to get ingame soon to see if Runewaker managed to fix it this year. :)

Soriya

Beginner

Friday, December 20th 2013, 4:07pm

This seems the best place for me to post this. I spent part of my afternoon making a sort of walkthrough video for the Explore the Snowlands event. Not EVERY snowland quest is included. But I made a path which I feel is actually worth the time. The 3 quests I did not include take a lot of time and have a total reward of 7 tickets. (4 of which are for Blake Peater which takes a lot of firewood and time to do) Below the video, the links to Research Notes Part II and III are in the video description on youtube. (Made seperate video's because they take more time than most things especially the first few times and a lot of people want to skip them)

Enjoy!

Friday, December 20th 2013, 4:33pm

This seems the best place for me to post this. I spent part of my afternoon making a sort of walkthrough video for the Explore the Snowlands event. Not EVERY snowland quest is included. But I made a path which I feel is actually worth the time. The 3 quests I did not include take a lot of time and have a total reward of 7 tickets. (4 of which are for Blake Peater which takes a lot of firewood and time to do) Below the video, the links to Research Notes Part II and III are in the video description on youtube. (Made seperate video's because they take more time than most things especially the first few times and a lot of people want to skip them)

Enjoy!

SUBSCRIBED

Ravesden, D/S/Wd 80/75/62
Retired. Click siggy for old RoM vids, among other things.

Wednesday, January 1st 2014, 2:57am

Going to the top of TOTW in the snowlands event zone (Exploring the Snowlands) there is a large chest. When clicking on it, it says something like:
"The Snowland Treasure has been activated. The instability of the Snowland energy increases to <x>%..."

Rumor has it, having enough people click on it at same time to get it to 100% gives one a title. I don't know if this is just a rumor, but has anyone been able to get it to 100%? Can you confirm what happens? I've been in groups where we only got it to 99% and nothing different happened..
M (100), P (100), W (100), K (100), S (100), R (100) --> order of previously being active
Reni Mithras Aeterna Server (6/27/2017 - Mainly RETIRED,Came back temporarily to get more cards ).
06/07/2011 (ch. 3) - Group completed RT diamond mode with me as M/K!

Needundead

Intermediate

Wednesday, January 1st 2014, 8:05am

Im not sure but there does seem to be some bugs. I can't find Blake anywhere, and apparently nobody has seem him either although he is supposed to spawn somewhere in the trail between Ystra and Dragonfang. Also there is a dead guy that gives you a letter and says to give it to his son "Willy Bauer". I can't seem to find Willy either.

Majik

Gamemaster

Wednesday, January 1st 2014, 12:11pm

Willy Bauer is a kid held prisoner by Blake, Blake is hard to find if you dont have enough fire wood. i have seen him and killed him recently as well.

He is definitely on the trail you mentioned... about half way through the trail it forks "left and slightly-right, going left will take you to the next zone eventually, going to the right will take you to a dead end and that is where you will find Blake and Willy.

if i got that wrong in some way please correct me.

really though for the amount of wood you will use to get to Blake and then back to the camp, those event quests are better skipped, thats just my opinion though.
New Sig In The Works!

Game/Forum/IRC Rules - ToS - Support - Report Tool

Mrpushpop

Master of the Storyteller

Mood: Mellow

Thursday, January 2nd 2014, 4:19pm

Blake can get bugged and not reappear. He went missing on Indigo the last 3 days but he will be back with today's maintenance. He normally respawns in a matter of seconds but I have seen him bug out and vanish for good twice now.
Warlock/Mage - Fully Retired from ROM... Just a forum junky