You are not logged in.

Applications: [GameMaster: OPEN] | [Volunteer Testers: OPEN]

/!\ We have moved to a new board. Come join us. This board is now in "archive" (read-only mode). /!\

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, July 3rd 2010, 11:01pm

A Complete Guide to Pets

Here's a comprehensive guide to pets and merging.

1. Intro
2. Basics
3. Stats
4. Experience
5. Training
6. Aptitude
7. Closing

===========
1. Introduction
===========

blah blah. Maybe I'll add one later :D

===========
2. Basics
===========

How do I merge my pets? Simple! Look at the following window

The agent pet will be the pet RECEIVING. The re-agent pet will be the pet GIVING. The agent pet will be boosted while the re-agent pet will be destroyed. Very important! Left stays, right dies!!

Pets cannot be currently summoned to have them merged. Recall all pets in order to begin the merging process.

Pets can only be merged with another pet of the same element or a none-type. So if you have a Dark pet, you can only merge it with another Dark pet or a None pet. A None pet can only be merged with another None type pet.

Pets can only be merged with a pet of its same level or lower. Meaning, the re-agent pet must be equal or less than the level of the agent pet.

When you are ready to merge, press the button in the middle to merge the pets. The button named 'Pair Merging' involves the use of a Cash Shop item that we do not have yet.

A pet can only be merged w/ 3 other pets a day!!

===========
2a. Example
===========

Agent Pet (Level 12 Bear)

Re-agent Pet (Level 10 Crow)

Merge Result

===========
3. Stats
===========

So the all important question, how do I boost my pet's stats. Whenever you accept a pet egg into your interface, its base stats are randomly generated closely following the growth attributes of the egg. These stats play an important role in how stats are transferred in a merge. Stats are transferred REGARDLESS of pet level. Here's the formula:

Stat gain = (Re-agent pet stat - Agent pet stat) * 0.45
Stat gain only applies if (Re-agent pet stat > Agent pet stat)

If you look in the example, the bear has the following stats:
12 / 9 / 1 / 5 / 6

The crow has the following stats:
13 / 12.42 / 6.24 / 3.79 / 2.64

The positive difference between the two is:
1 / 3.42 / 5.24 / 0 / 0

Multiply the above by 0.45:
0.45 / 1.539 / 2.358 / 0 / 0

Round up to nearest hundreth decimal place:
0.45 / 1.54 / 2.36 / 0 / 0
Which is the result we see in the merge image.

===========
4. Experience
===========

Everyone keeps asking, "How do I level my pet?" One way is by merging. This portion IS DEPENDENT on the two pet levels. Here's the formula:

XP Gain = (1000) / (Agent pet level - Re-agent pet level + 1)
Same level -> 1000 XP
1 level diff -> 500 XP
2 level diff -> 333 XP

In the example, we have a level 10 crow merging into a level 12 bear. So,
XP Gain = (1000) / (12 - 10 + 1)
XP Gain = (1000) / (2 + 1)
XP Gain = (1000) / (3)
XP Gain = 333 XP
We can verify this number in the merge screen.

===========
5. Training
===========

Regardless of level or rarity, when you merge a pet, all of the re-agent pet's training will go into the agent pet's training. New pet eggs come with the following:

Non-Rune pet egg = 50 Training
Rune pet egg = 100 Training

New Training = Current Agent pet training + Reagent pet training

I just created the Bear in the screens so you can see that he has 50 training. The Crow I had been training for a little bit longer and had 1850 training on it. So,

New Training = 50 + 1850
New Training = 1900

===========
6. Aptitude
===========

Aptitude of a pet will be transferred REGARDLESS of level. The reagent pet's aptitude must be higher than that of the agent's aptitude for there to be an increase. Here's the formula:

Aptitude gain = (Reagent Aptitude - Agent Aptitude) / 4
The following condition must be true: Reagent Aptitude > Agent Aptitude

In the example, the crow has 73.94 while the bear has 68.
Aptitude gain = (73.94 - 68) / 4
Aptitude gain = (5.94) / 4
Aptitude gain = 1.485 (round down)
Aptitude gain = 1.48
Can be verified in merge screen.

===========
7. Closing
===========

Blah blah. I'll add stuff in later.

Saturday, July 3rd 2010, 11:01pm

(reserved)

Saturday, July 3rd 2010, 11:47pm

Cool thread, this should definitely be a sticky for now :D

One question though....
How DO I GET A MERGING TICKET?:confused:

I just can't figure it out and I don't see it in your thread :(

Sunday, July 4th 2010, 12:18am

Quoted from "Dragoniceomega;299598"

Cool thread, this should definitely be a sticky for now :D

One question though....

I just can't figure it out and I don't see it in your thread :(

My question as well. Nice info though, very helpful.

jsalemi

Trainee

Sunday, July 4th 2010, 12:52am

Quoted from "Dragoniceomega;299598"

You can't yet, but you don't need one to do what's described here. To do this kind of merging, you just click the big blue button between the two pets (agent and reagent). You can merge a pet 3x a day.

The ticket is needed for "pair" merging, and we're not really sure what that does yet since the tickets don't exist in the game yet.
[LEFT]Kabal @ Govinda
Atla - 60/58 S/P
31k hp/23.8k pattk
[/LEFT]
[LEFT]
[/LEFT]

Sunday, July 4th 2010, 2:06am

Quoted from "jsalemi;299624"

You can't yet, but you don't need one to do what's described here. To do this kind of merging, you just click the big blue button between the two pets (agent and reagent). You can merge a pet 3x a day.

The ticket is needed for "pair" merging, and we're not really sure what that does yet since the tickets don't exist in the game yet.

Thanks, thats good to know :)

Location: In front of a computer screen occasionally yelling "I can't be dead!"

Occupation: To Boldy Go where no man has gone before or more likely to turn on the TV and watch others do it.

Sunday, July 4th 2010, 3:29am

+1
Well laid out and easy to understand, thanks for the guide. Solid introduction section too :p

Vote to get this stickied.

Sunday, July 4th 2010, 5:32am

So its .45, I figured it was .5 and they rounded it.

I fooled around with some alts and couldnt get it to come out perfectly. But looking at the numbers .45 is right, and it will round up and down both.

Skills round up, and aptitude will round down. I got the aptitude in a round about way by dividing twice, but doing it once by 4 works the same way :P.

Also the exp formula isnt quite perfect. I merged a level 1 into a level 20, and only got 50 points. When it should have been 55 according to the formula. I did get a 55 at some point today but cant remember exactly the differential as that was before I wrote it down.

But I am pretty sure 50 is the minimum experience regardless of level differential.

Sunday, July 4th 2010, 7:26am

Are you merging two holy pet eggs? Those aren't the easiest to come by lol ^^.

Sunday, July 4th 2010, 10:28am

So does the merging limit reset at daily quest time, some other time, or 24 hours after the last merging?

It's fun shopping on the auction for a pet that is the same attribute and level as your main pet :) I want to start merging again as soon as possible.

Sunday, July 4th 2010, 11:27am

Pretty sure it isn't "usual time". Did 3 this afternoon, and then just did another 3 (2amish PDT), so maybe it's midnightish PDT? (at first, I figured maybe the counter resets when it levels up)

Sunday, July 4th 2010, 1:07pm

Thanks for the guide Leorio.

Sunday, July 4th 2010, 3:33pm

Quoted from "GnatB;299771"

Pretty sure it isn't "usual time". Did 3 this afternoon, and then just did another 3 (2amish PDT), so maybe it's midnightish PDT? (at first, I figured maybe the counter resets when it levels up)

I still cant merge anything and I did mine all yesterday. Maybe it is the next day and 12 hours later or something. So you do one at 12 noon Sat at 12:01 AM Sun you can do it again?

Sunday, July 4th 2010, 4:52pm

I think I will throw this here and let you look at it, as I can't get the numbers to work out 'perfectly". Which means they are maybe adding a % somewhere either to growth rate or a value.

I have a level 30 amazing earth pet with "GROWTH" numbers of Strength 4, Dexterity 2, Stamina 3, Intelligence 0, Wisdom 0. VALUE numbers of Str 54.00, Dexterity 23.00, Sta 31.00, Intel 9.17 (modified slightly) Wisdom 8.85 (modified slightly).

So what I initially wanted to see was how loyalty raised the ASSIST numbers. He started out with 52/100 The ASSIST numbers were:

Strength 156.14
Dexterity 71.37
Stamina 101.20
Intelligence 15.34
Wisdom 14.81.

At 53/100 they went to:
Strength 158.86
Dexterity 72.64
Stamina 103.02
Intelligence 15.56
Wisdom 15.02

At 60/100 (in case it is % based on loyalty its an even number)
Strength 172.66
Dexterity 79.08
Sta 112.27
Intelligence 16.62
Wisdom 16.05

And at 62/100 (+10 from the original number)
Strength 183.98
Dexterity 84.36
Stamina 119.87
Intelligence 17.48
Wisdom 16.87

Should be enough numbers to work with. I have it close but not so I can pick a number i.e. 74/100 and say what the values will definitely be.

But it is also based on Aptitude, which was what I really wanted to see. Aptitude for the number above was 69.75/100. I merged with a pet and it rasied the aptitude .31 to 70.06/100. It didnt round it off there. Then the number in the 62/100 column went to:

Strength 184.63
Dexterity 84.66
Stamina 120.28
Intelligence 17.55
Wisdom 16.95.

Now these numbers are ALMOST the original, for example Str 183.98 multiplied by .31%, and then added back to the original number. So 183.98x.31%=.570338+183.98=184.55. So .08 from what it came out to. The others you can do but it seems the higher the value the more 'off' it is, but .08 isnt all that much but adds up a lot moving forward.

Figured a new set of eyes might see something I have missed on both accounts.

I have tried giving a value to the value modifier of each stat Because they all have one. Wisdom and Intelligence are not both exactly 0 they are just less than 1. Intel is slightly higher than Wisdom on an earth attribute pet. But I cant figure those values out either :). I just know they are there. But not sure if that has anything to do with the ASSIST numbers or not. But it is obvious the higher the GROWTH number the higher the VALUE and thus ending in the highest ASSIST number. Which is ultimately what gets added to your toon.

It might not really matter, as the goal is simple, have 100/100 loyalty, and somehow try and get to 100/100 aptitude That way you'll have the max ASSIST number available for that particular pet.

Sunday, July 4th 2010, 8:34pm

Quick question, can i take out a pet from a breeding slot after i put it in?

Sunday, July 4th 2010, 8:57pm

Quoted from "Exorcized;299931"

Quick question, can i take out a pet from a breeding slot after i put it in?

If you mean putting it back into the egg, then no I don't think you can do that. But you can release the pet, to get it out of the slot

Monday, July 5th 2010, 8:00pm

Awesome, guide -- thanks!!!

If you merged a LVL 1 pet into a LVL 20 pet, then the tutorial from the Pet Vendor is incorrect.

According to the pet vendor, you can only merge a pet that is within 5 levels of the agent (receiving) pet.

Do you think this is incorrect or am I confused?

[img][/img]

Monday, July 5th 2010, 11:09pm

@ 0030 EST today on Artemis I was unable to merge any more pets. I tried again @ 0130 and it let me. So my best guess for the merge reset is 0100 EST.

Tuesday, July 6th 2010, 1:17am

Quoted from "Zarli;300306"

Awesome, guide -- thanks!!!

If you merged a LVL 1 pet into a LVL 20 pet, then the tutorial from the Pet Vendor is incorrect.

According to the pet vendor, you can only merge a pet that is within 5 levels of the agent (receiving) pet.

Do you think this is incorrect or am I confused?

Thats what it says, but you can merge a pet with another pet of any level as long as its equal or less than the agent pet.

Quoted from "0000wiley3;300431"

@ 0030 EST today on Artemis I was unable to merge any more pets. I tried again @ 0130 and it let me. So my best guess for the merge reset is 0100 EST.

Pet merges seem to reset 24 hours after the 1st merge of 3 for any given day.

Tuesday, July 6th 2010, 1:37am

Quoted from "failkaito;300506"

Thats what it says, but you can merge a pet with another pet of any level as long as its equal or less than the agent pet.

Pet merges seem to reset 24 hours after the 1st merge of 3 for any given day.

Yeah I think they were going to allow you to merger a higher pet into your but changed their minds, so as a trade off they just let you merge any pet, regardless of level, that is lower than yours into your pet.

As for the merger reset, I think it is the next calender day as long as it is 12 hours after it stopped allowing merges. So you cap at 11 Am at midnight (maybe 1201) you can merge again. After noon it is the following day at whatever time it capped +12 hours.