You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, January 11th 2010, 5:15am

hm i see what you mean by opinion based pros/cons. I suppose in a PvE server almost all class combos can find a place to fit in, so it really doesn't matter how "good" a combo is.

Monday, January 11th 2010, 5:21am

Quoted from "Bubuh;209741"

hm i see what you mean by opinion based pros/cons. I suppose in a PvE server almost all class combos can find a place to fit in, so it really doesn't matter how "good" a combo is.

Yeah PVP is a much different experience when choosing a class combination, but this thread isn't really for that. You definitely got it right when you said PvE. :cool:

Also, I do agree about not selecting a class just based on its name, though I do think the name has a place. For example, instead of typing Scout/Warrior (Can't use S/W cause that can be confused with Warden, though I've seen S/WaD used) you could just use Archer.

Monday, January 11th 2010, 5:27am

Wd is the usual abbreviation for warden...

If you had a set system i suppose it would work, assuming everyone knew the names. However knowing all the combination names by heart would be very confusing and hard, especially for newer players...

Easier just to use abbreviations instead of names. Names are cool and all though.

Monday, January 11th 2010, 5:45am

Quoted from "Bubuh;209749"

Easier just to use abbreviations instead of names. Names are cool and all though.

I suppose. It also gives you a visual idea of how many combinations there are (48 for those wondering). S/W, P/K, and D/M or Archer, Disciple, and Geomancer. Names register far easier in my mind rather than a bunch of letters and slashes. But maybe that's just me.

Monday, January 11th 2010, 5:49am

btw what do you think of my new signature?
Bubuh:

A P/K
An R/S
A RoM Addict

Friday, January 22nd 2010, 6:10pm

Interesting reading bud, well done. I'm not a new player so I can't attest to whether or not it's useful for picking a secondary class but I enjoyed reading the descriptions you made. Kudos

Sunday, January 24th 2010, 3:45am

Quoted from "jace1202;214269"

Interesting reading bud, well done. I'm not a new player so I can't attest to whether or not it's useful for picking a secondary class but I enjoyed reading the descriptions you made. Kudos

Well thank you very much. Even as a veteran player, do you feel it gives an accurate look into the play style of each class combination?

Monday, January 25th 2010, 9:47am

z0mg..... thank you sooo much for this, lol

Monday, January 25th 2010, 9:54am

Ok, so my question is, if I do mage/priest, will I not be able to cast any healing spells while being a "mage"? I was assuming that the "elite skills" you listed are the skills I'd be able to do with priest as my 2ndary and while I'm in my mage form... i hope that makes sense.

Monday, January 25th 2010, 6:00pm

Quoted from "nyuuchiX;215352"

Ok, so my question is, if I do mage/priest, will I not be able to cast any healing spells while being a "mage"? I was assuming that the "elite skills" you listed are the skills I'd be able to do with priest as my 2ndary and while I'm in my mage form... i hope that makes sense.

You have access to all of the Priest general skills while on your Mage. If you click Priest in the Mage/Priest

Monday, January 25th 2010, 6:06pm

Quoted from "nyuuchiX;215352"

You have access to all of the Priest general skills while on your Mage. If you click the Priest link in , it'll open the General skills for the Priest. The Elite Skills are extra skills on top of your Mage Class-Specific/General skills and your Priest General skills.

Hope that helps. The tips at the top of the Guide should help explain it as well. if you have any other questions, feel free to post and ask. Have fun!

Wednesday, January 27th 2010, 2:45am

What is the easiest leveling, highest armor healing class to play?

Wednesday, January 27th 2010, 2:58am

Healing class | fast leveling is a contradiction.

Your best bet is to pair a healer (Priest or Druid) with a DPS class such as Mage or Scout. Though they are all fairly squishy without a Knight secondary.

The Priest/Knight is the toughest and best healer bar none. When geared properly they are gods.

The catch is P/K(K/P) is the worst possible DPS combo and level the slowest of all classes.

Quoted

The insane gear-modding feature has that one-percent spending oodles of cash regardless of whether they can do the content without it. Why? Because RoM created an awesome system that lets players become as super-powered as they see fit. There are already groups of players that can down Manticos in as fast as five seconds. That's far above what's needed to be able to experience that level of content.

Wednesday, January 27th 2010, 3:11am

How are the following combinations: P/D & D/P?

Which of the two is better for healing?

Also, can druids in RoM shape shift into animals?

Wednesday, January 27th 2010, 3:16am

you can't be a P/D. you can only be a priest or knight if you are human, and only a druid or a warden if you are an elf. (likewise Priest/Warden is impossible)

Priest is definitely the better healer out of the two. While druids have some useful abilities and make great secondary healers, they cannot be a main-healer as well as a priest (priests are definitely more healing geared).

and no druids can't shape-shift into animals. no class can, however there are some pets in this game (you can buy a pet, priests get a 50/50 elite that gives them a pet, warden gets 3 pets or 4 if you are a warden/scout).
Bubuh:

A P/K
An R/S
A RoM Addict

Wednesday, January 27th 2010, 5:41am

Quoted from "Bubuh;216559"

Priest is definitely the better healer out of the two. While druids have some useful abilities and make great secondary healers, they cannot be a main-healer as well as a priest (priests are definitely more healing geared)

I heavily disagree. This is a common misconception that everyone seems to have, but what many fail to realize is Druids have amazing single target REGEN heals (a.k.a HoTs or Heal over Time). If you know how to play a class you'll play it well, Druids are no exception. A well played Druid will use less Mana, can heal more effectively, and can use more status affecting skills because of the saved mana.

Again, play the combination YOU want to play. You'll have a lot more fun that way.

Wednesday, January 27th 2010, 6:46am

I never said they didn't have good HoTs, however they lack a Group Heal which is why it's hard to just have a druid being a main healer. They GENERALLY do better as a secondary healer, either focusing on the tank/specific targets or trading off between damage and healing. However i have seen druids who are excellent healers, i am sorry that i phrased it wrong earlier. I do believe that priests do a better job in general as main-healers, but that is just my opinion and if someone likes a druid by all means be a druid.
Bubuh:

A P/K
An R/S
A RoM Addict

• "Moissonneuse" has been banned

Saturday, February 13th 2010, 3:55pm

Quoted from "saieno;72124"

Everyone has different tastes and gameplay styles, but some players might be confused about which combination of class to play. Because of this I started thinking about each combination, breaking them down and labeling each after a classic fantasy profession. Each combination is named by the elite skills they can learn and their effects. Majority of the descriptions were taken from various sources with some edits and additions done by me.

Thanks this was a very helpful guide ^^ I think I might try Warden-Rogue
[img][/img]
System Requirements

FAQ

I am the dark charisma stirring,

The storm in your broken heart,

When lightning strike you know I am near,

For I know, every one of your fears.

Occupation: Trying to make a Necromancer/Summoner class a reality

Monday, February 15th 2010, 7:24pm

There is a little mistake for the 'archer' class. Scout/Warriors (or any scout combo for that matter) CANNOT use ANYTHING in their offhand. No shields, talismans, or 2H weapons of any kind, just so you can clear that up. It's sad I know. Well, except S/R with their offhand weapons, all scouts have to settle for a sword or dagger and rely on their range.

Other than that I have to say this guide was very fun to read to see what other people think of the combos I use. :D

Wednesday, March 24th 2010, 2:30am

Up to date?

Nice compilation of all the classes. As a new player I am wondering are they still up to date with all of the patches etc? Thanks........