You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

RoMage

rustyx is lame rogue

Mood: Unsure

Thursday, January 5th 2012, 2:23pm

Quoted from "michaelleon;499410"

Ty for your post on the classes, I am new to RoM I left WoW about 6months/yr ago. Seen this on sale at the store and bought it. Hopefully With your classes listed I can get any idea on class I can hopefully be some what familiar with. And patches ever stop lmao I can try it out.

Howdy and welcome!

Sorry, can you just say what have you seen at store?

If is boxed copy of the game, then please don't use DVD that comes with it to install the game if you plan to play in January. :D (not really that it takes that long, but again, you might be playing much sooner then that installer reaches Chapter IV updates.)

Download full install from web site and required patches (recomend manual update) and install the game. You can be installing patch while others are downloading, just make sure you install them in order.

Any idea what class you might play?

Good luck!

Rossbot

Intermediate

Thursday, January 5th 2012, 6:44pm

I really wish the thread creator would update the info on the elite skills, they seem to be based on info from Chapter 3.
Former: Player, Active Member of the Community, Theory Crafter, and Guild Council Member.
Officially retired. Playing other games now that have an active development team.

Spoiler Spoiler

Development team disregarded any kind of constructive criticism, ideas, or offering help over the 2 years I've been giving it to them for free.
I found a new game for a gaming experience I actually enjoy.

Enjoy the band playing, while the ship sinks.

Friday, January 13th 2012, 5:55pm

Quoted from "Rossbot;499480"

I really wish the thread creator would update the info on the elite skills, they seem to be based on info from Chapter 3.

It is based on info from Chapter 3 :cool: Last time I updated the thread was almost two years ago. I don't play Runes of Magic anymore sadly, not to say it isn't a great game just don't have the time anymore. Updating the thread is possible and I might work on it when I have time, but it was a huge undertaking the first time around.

Sunday, April 22nd 2012, 12:13pm

thank you! that would be really helpful if I ever got to play this game........ the guys at technical support don't help me at all

Friday, October 12th 2012, 2:05am

Yo, I'm looking for a good secondary class for a Rouge or Warrior for PvE, I'm not a big fan of PVP and I'm not looking for the BEST class because I already know that R/S has the best DPS, I'm just looking for something practical for PvE. I've played as a W/K and I didn't enjoy it much, not much of a tank lol. Like a W/R, R/M, R/P, or even a R/K? I have no idea lol you guys have any suggestions? :)

RoMage

rustyx is lame rogue

Mood: Unsure

Friday, October 12th 2012, 1:05pm

R/M just got reinvented but RW, new elites and new fun...

But I still would suggest to try M/R - lots of fun...

Too bad I am playing more and more as M/P. :( Just love that part of self healing and buffing...

btw, love smell of necro?

Friday, October 12th 2012, 2:18pm

...It's a sticky, lol, it can't really be necroed.

Anyway, as for the question at hand -- Broken down, if you're sure you want to be either a R/X or W/X, and your focus is PvE, I would stay away from R/P, R/D, W/P, W/D. None of these combos hold up well in PvE, though R/P is decent for PvP.

W/S is fun to play if you like AoEs, but it does fall way behind the top DPS combos for single-target damage; the gap might be smaller when the 70 elites come out. W/M is viable for damage now with the new elite. W/R, of course, is one of the best DPS combos in the game, so it's never a bad choice.

As for rogues, R/M as said above just got completely reworked, but a lot of the elites are not working as intended. Runesdatabase.com and theromwiki.com don't have the correct elite listings for that combo, so if those are the ones you're basing your interest off of, do a forum search for the new elites to see if you're still interested.

I don't know off hand how R/K is doing these days, since I really don't see many of them around. R/W is decent for damage, though one of its elites really needs to be updated for the current cap.

If you enjoy melee DPS, you might also want to check out wardens. I'm not familiar with how well W/Wl, W/Ch, R/Wl or R/Ch play out at higher levels, but you could consider some of those too if you don't mind playing a dwarf.

Formerly Catorii, D/S/M of Faction.

Wednesday, January 16th 2013, 12:53am

im srry im new here but can mage and worrior or in general hp/mp work together ? i mean they reuqire different sets as i know in other mmoprgs they have to get the opposite sets and also mp character require more mp energy while worrior/knight require more hp can anyone explain to me cause im new here i played for one day and w8ing for exams to finish at 23jan to play again:D
so i am researching in my free time on rom characters skills etc^^

Zombolini

Forum Zombie. Beware.

Wednesday, January 16th 2013, 1:14am

Quoted from "ShadowZOne;584789"

im srry im new here but can mage and worrior or in general hp/mp work together ? i mean they reuqire different sets as i know in other mmoprgs they have to get the opposite sets and also mp character require more mp energy while worrior/knight require more hp can anyone explain to me cause im new here i played for one day and w8ing for exams to finish at 23jan to play again:D
so i am researching in my free time on rom characters skills etc^^

Often times, the best class combos are able to tap into a different skill source (MP, Energy, Focus) so they are able to perform skills of both classes and have a source to fall back on if one were to be depleted.

For example: A mage/warrior may run out of MP during a long battle, but his elite skills allow him to convert rage (warrior fuel) into MP or simply use warrior attacks while his MP is out of commission.
---------Dedicated to the education and training of the newbies of Taborea------------

GAMEFORGE. ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR MISTAKES, FIX AND LEARN FROM THEM.

Wednesday, January 16th 2013, 11:32am

Quoted from "Zombolini;584795"

Often times, the best class combos are able to tap into a different skill source (MP, Energy, Focus) so they are able to perform skills of both classes and have a source to fall back on if one were to be depleted.

For example: A mage/warrior may run out of MP during a long battle, but his elite skills allow him to convert rage (warrior fuel) into MP or simply use warrior attacks while his MP is out of commission.

well as far as i know stats increase by runes or stones thing lets say ur mage/worrior then u will increase str or int or u will split?

Rossbot

Intermediate

Wednesday, January 23rd 2013, 4:15am

Quoted from "ShadowZOne;584889"

well as far as i know stats increase by runes or stones thing lets say ur mage/worrior then u will increase str or int or u will split?

Your secondary class often has little to no effect on how you actually use stats on your primary class (with a few exceptions). For Mage/Warrior, you're going to want to pick int and magic attack and avoid str stats altogether. Just because you can use an axe, doesn't mean you should. It does have ways to convert Rage (warrior's mana pool) and passives/buffs to enhance your skills, but it has no true skills that use Rage to cause damage. Mage/Warrior is a generic mage essentially with some extras that make their existing skills better.
Former: Player, Active Member of the Community, Theory Crafter, and Guild Council Member.
Officially retired. Playing other games now that have an active development team.

Spoiler Spoiler

Development team disregarded any kind of constructive criticism, ideas, or offering help over the 2 years I've been giving it to them for free.
I found a new game for a gaming experience I actually enjoy.

Enjoy the band playing, while the ship sinks.