You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "earthenleaf" started this thread

Monday, January 3rd 2011, 9:25pm

Xeph's guide to Warden/Druid

Intro:
I was kind of excited to see what they did to this warden. They were so broken before. They did so many things to this warden, it's like a totally different class.... In fact it is. Wd/D has potential to be a main healer. (though if you already have full healer gear just go D/WD, unless you want a lot higher dps)

Knowing your class:
WD/D is a support warden, or healer warden depending on your play style. The main pet for this build is Nature Crystal, it is indeed a support pet. This warden has 2 group heals, only 1 can actually heal though. As well as stealing the druid skill recover, and it gets a cleanse.

The elite skills:

Remove Curse- Basically a cleanse for nature crystal, though i haven't actually checked if it works on last boss in ZS, it is still helpful.

Magic Control- This is a spirit of oak skill. You will not really use spirit of oak ever though, maybe sometimes when soloing. This skill doesn't help so much either. If you are not using nature crystal feel free to use this on bosses.

Quick Reflexes- Your pet will Dodge a lot more, and pretty much never get critically hit. Since nature crystal is very squishy this is helpful, if it for any reason gains aggro.

Earth Spirit Essence- Adds magic damage to your white attacks. This adds a minimal amount of damage, but it is still very helpful.

Natural Spring- This changes charge chop into charged cleave. Charged cleave will hit the target for a large amount of damage, as well as casting a strong group heal. I believe this group heal is effect by heal bonus as well. Though this heal is not effected by the 2 second cast time, like it is supposed to.

Connection- When you use elven prayer on your pet, it will increase the pets damage by 10% for a short time. Since nature crystal doesn't deal damage I do not find this useful. Also you can only use this once every 2 minutes.

Blade of Protection- This skill has a really nice animation. All party members get +10% pdef when you hit the target with this skill. This skill also does nice damage.

Crystal heal- This makes it so when you have crystal summoned, you may cast a group HoT. Though this HoT is for a flat amount of 350 hp, so i don't use it. Animation is cool though.

Druid Specific skill:

Recover- This is pretty much your main single target heal. Does a nice amount of healing at that.

Antidote- Removes poison from the target

Savage Blessing- Increase accuracy, by a lot at that. Almost to the point where you don't need any dex to hit target.

Earth Pulse- Magic damage fan Aoe. You really won't use this ever though, maybe for pulling.

Knowledge of Nature- Increases your wisdom by a large amount. This will make your heals stronger.

Mother Earth's Protection- This makes you take less damage for a small amount of time.

The Pets:

Oak Walker- Just eat her, for her buff.

Nature Crystal- This will be your main pet. It has damage negating buff, and dps buffs. For entire group.Not to mention the cleanse.

Gear:

http://www.rom-armory.com/compare.php?a_…uid=1173&b_cs=3

These are my 2 different gear recommends. You can expand upon them as you wish, this is just to get you started on ideas for gear.

Conclusion:
If you want to support, or heal then go for this warden. Just remember you will not keep up with the dps of a wd/r or wd/s.
[img][/img]

60 Warden/Warrior
Xeph
Osha Server
Warden Guide
http://forum.us.runesofmagic.com/showthread.php?t=52251

What is your favorite Warden?
http://forum.us.runesofmagic.com/showthread.php?t=54095

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 1:34am

Updated.
[img][/img]

60 Warden/Warrior
Xeph
Osha Server
Warden Guide

potato221

Trainee

Mood: Smile

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 5:07pm

Looks great, can't wait for the Warden/Warrior guide. Keep up the good work, maybe we can get a sticky on these.
Yggdrasill 87 Warden/ 74 Scout/ 70 Warrior
JamesHowlett 78 Champion/ 51 Rogue/ 34 Priest
Proud member of Realmguardians on Govinda

Ithiel

<span style="color:red !important;"><b>Game Master</b></span>

• "Ithiel" has been banned

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 5:09pm

Nice job!

/stickied

[img]http://forum.us.runesofmagic.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=33610&dateline=1258986371[/img]

Sig made by ShenShiro

Quoted

Tsukianei;
*Sigh* Always comes down to crazy conspiracies. Next thing you know Frogster and Runewaker Stormtroopers are going to kidnap you so you don't spill out their plans on taking over the world, or their plans to make a fully functional Death Star.

That's no moon...

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 8:16pm

Quoted from "Ithiel;372496"

Nice job!

/stickied

Thankies finally a warden sticky ^^
[img][/img]

60 Warden/Warrior
Xeph
Osha Server
Warden Guide

Monday, May 30th 2011, 7:46pm

might make a good 3rd class
Devith - 56/30/30 Wd/S/W

Artemis

Proud Guild Leader of Sanctus

Thursday, June 9th 2011, 3:21am

Where in the heck is the druid class trainer?

Where is the druid class trainer located?

Wednesday, June 22nd 2011, 10:57am

druid or warden class trainers locations

Quoted from "Bartilby;426488"

Where is the druid class trainer located?

they are around the corner from the class hall...remember where u came into varanas for the first time from elf island..that is the place

Tuesday, July 12th 2011, 7:44pm

Great Guide! but one question what is a nature crystal? and where can you get it? sorry I am still so new.

Monday, July 18th 2011, 7:18pm

My biggest issue still to this day is mana usage, my mana is crazy high for my level but it takes no time at all to burn it up like a marshmallow in a campfire and I spend 80% of the fight sucking down mana pots like the guy at the bus stop :/ and yes, I'm pretty sure that bottle in his brown paper bag has mana goo in it >.<
For those that choose to sick out this game....all I gotta say to you is:: GOOD LUCK, YOU'RE GONNA NEED IT!!

Thursday, October 6th 2011, 1:29am

I was hoping for a Warden guide,but there is no "guide" in this guide except for saying Wd/D should be a healer. That's what priests are for in my book. Any links to a BUILD guide for the new warden? That would actually be helpful.

trindad1000

Beginner

Thursday, October 6th 2011, 6:38am

Quoted from "ironmaidenn;471764"

I was hoping for a Warden guide,but there is no "guide" in this guide except for saying Wd/D should be a healer. That's what priests are for in my book. Any links to a BUILD guide for the new warden? That would actually be helpful.

You didn't find this helpful?
He told you:

• how the class should be played
  • elite skills
  • what gear should look like

do you want a guide on where to lvl?
what do you mean by BUILD guide? you don't add attributes to your character everytime you lvl like you might have in other games

If you mean skill build then it is really max the pet buff u wanna use, max PotWS, max savage power, max the attack damage buff on your pet(name escapes me) and the rest is your preference since I find some skills to be fun to use (cross chop).

Thursday, October 20th 2011, 12:20am

Great

thnx for the info but honestly i would not waste a single point in charge chop due to the cool down i like power of the woods alote quiker no cooldown:D

Friday, January 6th 2012, 1:00am

one problem when i get my warden to lv 10 and i go to pick a secondary class i cant find the druid :( is he in some weird location because he isnt in the circle of instructors

camagic

Professional

Friday, January 6th 2012, 5:18pm

druid and warden instructors are over by the airship port in varanas, not in the class hall circle.

great guide. :)
95wd/95s/65d
server artemis
Please do not "class balanace" the tactics I use.

Sunday, January 8th 2012, 9:34am

Other wardens still ask me why I have Int/Mattack with 2h Staff lol.

Normal:

Crit:

That "Conglomerate Attack" is your "Earth Spirit Essence" Elite skill. I'm a lvl 61 Wd/D and I can tell you that this combo can do more than heal. Granted those hits are on lvl 56 mobs outside of Dalanis, but the numbers are there.

No other class can auto-attack (white hit) for that type of damage at lvl 60. No matter what other classes can claim, that's ours! Lol.

Wd/D Magic Build. ---^

Thursday, January 26th 2012, 5:15am

Updated signature, I'll update as the numbers get higher for my fellow Wd/Ds :)

Wd/D Magic Build. ---^

Sunday, March 4th 2012, 4:19am

Quoted from "XXXXXXX433;476233"

thnx for the info but honestly i would not waste a single point in charge chop due to the cool down i like power of the woods alote quiker no cooldown:D

Wouldn't waste a single point in charge chop? Why would you not put a point in the one skill that makes you every group's friend? This is a warden/druid guide. The warden/druid gets into groups because of the support they lend the group. With elite ability, charged chop becomes an AoE heal. Tanks and melee dps will love you for this. Healers will love you even more because you are lessening their work strain.

Sunday, March 4th 2012, 7:15pm

Quoted from "Gilderoi;514651"

Wouldn't waste a single point in charge chop? Why would you not put a point in the one skill that makes you every group's friend? This is a warden/druid guide. The warden/druid gets into groups because of the support they lend the group. With elite ability, charged chop becomes an AoE heal. Tanks and melee dps will love you for this. Healers will love you even more because you are lessening their work strain.

Its useful if +healpointbonus gear is used. I almost went +healpointbonus gear but decided to go more for +crit and +mattack and contribute through DPS more than heals. A magic build Wd/D with +hpb build can definitely help soften up the heal demand because their charged chop would heal sooooo much more than a physical DPS build. Not only this, but the autoattack elite that is extremely powerful for magic build Wd/D triggers after each charged chop cast. You end up just cycling between the two, pumping out AoE heals and DPS the whole time. 6 Wd/Ds with magic build spamming this while in a bosses face together would be constantly healing each other while DPSing with hard magic hits. I'd like to see this in my time in RoM, and I've seen more Wd/D's since I started pointing out the magic build side, but still seeing very few 70's Wd/Ds on my server as it is.

Wd/D Magic Build. ---^

Galenwaithien

Intermediate

Sunday, March 4th 2012, 10:39pm

If i recall correctly, the magic attack comes only on white hits so a magic based wd/d would do very little damage with charged chop. Moreover, white hits do not happen when you use a skill with casting time. So you effectively stop doing damage to heal the party. I don't know how much it heals but I don't see it as anything worth relying upon. The healer either has it under control, or 2sec cast ain't going to cut it.

Correct me if I'm wrong.