You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, March 4th 2012, 11:07pm

Quoted from "Galenwaithien;514754"

If i recall correctly, the magic attack comes only on white hits so a magic based wd/d would do very little damage with charged chop. Moreover, white hits do not happen when you use a skill with casting time. So you effectively stop doing damage to heal the party. I don't know how much it heals but I don't see it as anything worth relying upon. The healer either has it under control, or 2sec cast ain't going to cut it.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Well the thing is you won't be doing any damage with Charged Chop as you said. Really it is cycling a group heal between your white hits. You could try to go hybrid (chain/cloth pattack/mattack) and get more DPS out of your physical side if you'd like, that way charged chop does at least SOME damage, but then you sacrifice that for magic crit which lowers your heal and dps altogether.

The white hit follows Charged Chop because the attack speed delay of your weapon is taken up by the cast time of Charged Chop (at least it does for my 3 second attack speed Puppet Queen, I dunno what it is for healing staves). Essentially right after Charged Chop lands and heals your party, your white hit with its big magic damage will land. If your protection elite needs to be reapplied, you can do this before casting Charged Chop again since the CD of charged chop gives you a second or so between the next cast after your white hit lands. The charged chop heal btw, heals everything that is not aggressive to you. You will see it heal corpses, barriers, pet eggs, pets, players, (I think sigils too).

Charged Chop heal won't be near as strong as a healer with their heal% increase passives, but it definitely does throw in some constant dependable healing every few seconds. Think of it like a huge HoT that can crit. Keep in mind too, that Charged Chop is broken and I don't think it puts the heal through the 3 second cast time amplification just like it doesn't do for the damage. When (if) they fix this, the heal on that skill will get a HUGE boost and Wd/Ds will have a more interesting role as secondary healer with DPS.

Wd/D Magic Build. ---^

Monday, March 5th 2012, 6:02am

Could you post the gears link again for magic build? please. thx

Monday, March 5th 2012, 7:25am

Quoted from "khchan1129;514814"

Could you post the gears link again for magic build? please. thx

Just gear and stat like a DPS mage. 2H staff, +magic Crit +Mattack cloth armor/gear. IF you want to be ultra survivable, use healer gear but stat int/mattack/stam still. That way your heals will be strong, and your magic damage will be too. Don't think your Pdef will suffer as much for going cloth, the Heart of the Oak self buff adds +120% pdef.

Wd/D Magic Build. ---^

Monday, March 5th 2012, 7:33pm

could you post a screen shot of your wd/d? if possilbe?

Thursday, March 15th 2012, 11:57am

All I seem to be hearing is magic attack this and magic attack that. As warden/druid our abilities base is physical attack. If you really want to boost your healing power, stay away from magic attack and go for magic dmg

RoMage

rustyx is lame rogue

Mood: Unsure

Thursday, March 15th 2012, 12:05pm

What good is mdmg without matk?

Thursday, March 15th 2012, 12:17pm

Mdmg directly effects the power of heals, matt does not. Test it for yourself. Take some mdmg food out with you some time and check your heal, Then use the matt food and notice how much your heal drops. Thats why I go str/patt and fill in with mdmg and mcrit. Remember, you are support, not a main. You put out good dmg with some nice group healing and buffs to take the strain off the main healer.

Friday, March 16th 2012, 1:31am

Quoted from "Gilderoi;516963"

All I seem to be hearing is magic attack this and magic attack that. As warden/druid our abilities base is physical attack. If you really want to boost your healing power, stay away from magic attack and go for magic dmg

Lol, okay. If you're on Osha server as a Physical Warden/Druid build, I'll meet you in a duel and 1 shot you as magic build Wd/D. I 1 shot Knights with 100k HP or less in siege regularly. If my guild sees a player in the listings with massive Pdef, he's always assigned as my target (others too, but I'm in there with a couple of chuckles from guildies). When it comes to PvE, I do good DPS as a magic build. Not great like a M/x in burn phase, but its good enough to smile when I pull those 650k+ white hit crits on bosses and mobs in instances. My Mattack isn't even above 45k yet, but the skill pulls a massive amount of mysterious damage from your weapon. Moreso than should be expected really. I give up alot of those physical based skills you are aware of, but I said from the start I would make this magic build work and I have thus far. Don't diss something that works man lol.

When it comes to heals, a Wd/D magic build really gets the most out of them. The high magic crit rate you get from mage gear makes your heals crit more often. Right now I'm sitting on 55% crit rate (still have alot of gear to replace), with some healer gear pieces (for solo survivability) and my heals with a HPB staff are nothing to laugh at. If they hadn't majorly nerfed magic warden/druid builds as much as they did with taking away the Crystal pet's nuke, and making Frantic Briar a Physical damage AoE instead of a Magic damage AoE, this would be an overpowered combo. Hell, if my white hits are capable of hitting for 600k+ with just [skill magic damage] + [magic damage formula], imagine Frantic Briar at +400% Magic DPS or the damage number it used to have. Imagine a Crystal Pet with the MAttack of 65+ Mage Gear nuking people. Imagine a Wd/M with a Crystal pet with 50k+ magic attack modifer and not only the normal Crystal nuke, but the AoE nuke?! In siege it'd be hilarious. You just target through the walls and send your pet in over the walls AoE nuking and if it gets killed, do a 4 second resummon and do it over and over again. LOL.

Maybe it's better they made the changes. :P

RoMage makes a point though, Mdam is only as effective as MAttack allows it to be. My Puppet Queen's 8k+ damage is nerfed by my lower Mattack.

Wd/D Magic Build. ---^

Friday, March 16th 2012, 5:58am

Quoted from "Abaishtona;517256"

In siege it'd be hilarious. You just target through the walls and send your pet in over the walls AoE nuking and if it gets killed, do a 4 second resummon and do it over and over again. LOL.

Thanks a lot for perpetuating the number of warden cheaters in siege.
Retired.
Govinda's *Faaabulous* freelance priest, druid, rogue, fail mage, zzz warden.
I don't hide my classes, but if you're too stupid to figure them out yourself...

Friday, March 16th 2012, 8:47pm

Quoted from "Abaishtona;517256"

Lol, okay. If you're on Osha server as a Physical Warden/Druid build, I'll meet you in a duel and 1 shot you as magic build Wd/D. I 1 shot Knights with 100k HP or less in siege regularly. If my guild sees a player in the listings with massive Pdef, he's always assigned as my target (others too, but I'm in there with a couple of chuckles from guildies). When it comes to PvE, I do good DPS as a magic build. Not great like a M/x in burn phase, but its good enough to smile when I pull those 650k+ white hit crits on bosses and mobs in instances. My Mattack isn't even above 45k yet, but the skill pulls a massive amount of mysterious damage from your weapon. Moreso than should be expected really. I give up alot of those physical based skills you are aware of, but I said from the start I would make this magic build work and I have thus far. Don't diss something that works man lol.

When it comes to heals, a Wd/D magic build really gets the most out of them. The high magic crit rate you get from mage gear makes your heals crit more often. Right now I'm sitting on 55% crit rate (still have alot of gear to replace), with some healer gear pieces (for solo survivability) and my heals with a HPB staff are nothing to laugh at. If they hadn't majorly nerfed magic warden/druid builds as much as they did with taking away the Crystal pet's nuke, and making Frantic Briar a Physical damage AoE instead of a Magic damage AoE, this would be an overpowered combo. Hell, if my white hits are capable of hitting for 600k+ with just [skill magic damage] + [magic damage formula], imagine Frantic Briar at +400% Magic DPS or the damage number it used to have. Imagine a Crystal Pet with the MAttack of 65+ Mage Gear nuking people. Imagine a Wd/M with a Crystal pet with 50k+ magic attack modifer and not only the normal Crystal nuke, but the AoE nuke?! In siege it'd be hilarious. You just target through the walls and send your pet in over the walls AoE nuking and if it gets killed, do a 4 second resummon and do it over and over again. LOL.

Maybe it's better they made the changes. :P

RoMage makes a point though, Mdam is only as effective as MAttack allows it to be. My Puppet Queen's 8k+ damage is nerfed by my lower Mattack.

Frantic Briar and the crystal pet skills wouldn't have made much of a difference. The thing you're missing is that skills like Earth Essence and Electric Attack don't follow the normal magic damage formula. They have a very large multiplier on top of that which is why you see so much damage on them. Skills never used Magic DPS to scale. Frantic Briar and the other magic skills just used the base magic multiplier (and of course that was lower in Chapter 3) which is why they didn't really hit that hard.

I honestly think they should have kept one of the warden classes as more magic based, and I think they could have done it if they had shuffled the Wd/M and Wd/D elites around and made some tweaks. Wd/D makes for a very very easy class to play through midgame, but it definitely felt like it was missing some variety (and even having one good ranged attack would have been nice).

Friday, March 16th 2012, 10:50pm

Quoted from "sshades;517492"

Frantic Briar and the crystal pet skills wouldn't have made much of a difference. The thing you're missing is that skills like Earth Essence and Electric Attack don't follow the normal magic damage formula. They have a very large multiplier on top of that which is why you see so much damage on them. Skills never used Magic DPS to scale. Frantic Briar and the other magic skills just used the base magic multiplier (and of course that was lower in Chapter 3) which is why they didn't really hit that hard.

I honestly think they should have kept one of the warden classes as more magic based, and I think they could have done it if they had shuffled the Wd/M and Wd/D elites around and made some tweaks. Wd/D makes for a very very easy class to play through midgame, but it definitely felt like it was missing some variety (and even having one good ranged attack would have been nice).

Yeah, aware they never used Magic DPS to scale, was wishful thinking. Like I said, I'd even take back the old Frantic Briar's static damage. Frantic Briar with a 2 second cast modifer (or no modifer for that matter) would be a lot better for magic builds than the current version, with no magic damage at all. My Frantic Briar hits for about 1% of what my main attack does. Wd/D magic build just needs more of an AoE than the Druid primary fan shaped AoE.

As it is, Wd/D does lack variety as magic build.

Wd/D Magic Build. ---^

Shadowkuna

Trainee

Mood: Love

Saturday, March 17th 2012, 12:07am

Can you do a warden Mage guide? I mostly play Mage warden but my Mage is higher lvl then my Druid second and it's fun to 2 hit thigs a lvl above you but when I need heals I do Druid but a warden Mage guide wold be super useful if you could ty :D
Reni:
Kallic Mage/Druid/Rogue 57/38/27 Phoenix (RETIRED)

Artemis:
Genicarus Priest/Warrior 15/15 Orion
:dash:
Me when I wonder why the hell I decided to play a BattleMonk

~Just returning after a long time away~

Saturday, March 17th 2012, 12:54am

Quoted from "Shadowkuna;517605"

Can you do a warden Mage guide? I mostly play Mage warden but my Mage is higher lvl then my Druid second and it's fun to 2 hit thigs a lvl above you but when I need heals I do Druid but a warden Mage guide wold be super useful if you could ty :D

There is not much to do with Wd/M anymore since they removed all the magic attacks. Basically, spam wind chop. Gear like a Wd/S would gear. Almost all the other elites are some type of pet passive boost. So you just end up using whichever pets based on the situation. Wind chop isn't that good except it does decent phys damage for what it is. Wind damage doesn't proc all the time like Wd/D white damage buff does.

Wd/M was neutered by the removal all magic attack frantic briar and NC AoE attack. Believe me, I used to play a Wd/M (55/50) for a while before Chapter 4. I ran around in mage gear nuking everything with frantic briar and NC AoE.

Toon I play now is a 70/70/62 Wd/W/M. I tried Wd/M again to see, and it is just boring.

Saturday, March 17th 2012, 6:27am

Quoted from "sleepypill;517619"

There is not much to do with Wd/M anymore since they removed all the magic attacks. Basically, spam wind chop. Gear like a Wd/S would gear. Almost all the other elites are some type of pet passive boost. So you just end up using whichever pets based on the situation. Wind chop isn't that good except it does decent phys damage for what it is. Wind damage doesn't proc all the time like Wd/D white damage buff does.

Wd/M was neutered by the removal all magic attack frantic briar and NC AoE attack. Believe me, I used to play a Wd/M (55/50) for a while before Chapter 4. I ran around in mage gear nuking everything with frantic briar and NC AoE.

Toon I play now is a 70/70/62 Wd/W/M. I tried Wd/M again to see, and it is just boring.

That's really sad too. Wd/M, Wd/S, Wd/R, and even my beloved Wd/D end up being pushed into ONE warden type stat/function wise. The proc on Wind Chop is so useless that it is actually detrimental to build anything around the wind damage of that skill. In chapter 3 I was playing as a Wd/M too for a while and did what you did, statted as mage with a 2H staff and the Wind Chop proc was really nice as well as the other skills. I'd run into a group of baddies and get aggro and Frantic Briar while my crystal pet AoE nuked. That's ancient history now, and anyone who didn't try that route before the change has NO IDEA how sad it was to push all wardens into a physical DPS cookie cutter strategy. That's why I rebelliously went Wd/D Magic Build and tried to push as much out of it as I can. I did try Wd/M with magic build, and it just flat out didn't work because the proc on wind chop was so random. If they made that a guaranteed wind damage hit, Wd/M would compete with Wd/D Magic DPS perhaps.

Wd/D Magic Build. ---^

Saturday, March 17th 2012, 11:06am

Quoted from "Abaishtona;517700"

That's really sad too. Wd/M, Wd/S, Wd/R, and even my beloved Wd/D end up being pushed into ONE warden type stat/function wise. The proc on Wind Chop is so useless that it is actually detrimental to build anything around the wind damage of that skill. In chapter 3 I was playing as a Wd/M too for a while and did what you did, statted as mage with a 2H staff and the Wind Chop proc was really nice as well as the other skills. I'd run into a group of baddies and get aggro and Frantic Briar while my crystal pet AoE nuked. That's ancient history now, and anyone who didn't try that route before the change has NO IDEA how sad it was to push all wardens into a physical DPS cookie cutter strategy. That's why I rebelliously went Wd/D Magic Build and tried to push as much out of it as I can. I did try Wd/M with magic build, and it just flat out didn't work because the proc on wind chop was so random. If they made that a guaranteed wind damage hit, Wd/M would compete with Wd/D Magic DPS perhaps.

Probably not, at least not if the guaranteed proc were the only change. That comes back to that extra multiplier again.

Earth Essence = extra multiplier on top of base multiplier
Wind Chop proc = only base multiplier

At least, that's what my testing gave back early on after the warden changes.

I'm more of the opinion that if they reshuffled the elites around so that one warden received the Earth Essence, Wind Chop + 100% proc rate, and perhaps one decent magic AOE (and maybe one magic attack for the crystal if I'm allowed wishful thinking), you'd have at least one viable magic option for Warden. As long as there is one magic option, I'd say it's okay if all the other combos are forced to go physical.

Sunday, March 18th 2012, 1:01am

Quoted from "sshades;517727"

As long as there is one magic option, I'd say it's okay if all the other combos are forced to go physical.

Ditto

Wd/D Magic Build. ---^

Wednesday, March 28th 2012, 2:26pm

I am still wanting to see the gear the OP linked to for examples of a healing wrdn/drd. Every time I click the link it opens a fake page with search subjects listed.

Kalvan

Super Gamemaster

Wednesday, March 28th 2012, 7:53pm

Quoted from "Gilderoi;520818"

I am still wanting to see the gear the OP linked to for examples of a healing wrdn/drd. Every time I click the link it opens a fake page with search subjects listed.

That website is no longer active, which is why you are getting the error. And, for that matter, the member who started this thread is also no longer active in the game, and obviously cannot and will not respond.
[ New Sig Coming. Watch This Space! ]

RoMage

rustyx is lame rogue

Mood: Unsure

Thursday, September 6th 2012, 2:07pm

Yep, we all miss RoM Armory. :(

Abaishtona, can you write magic oriented Warden/Druid guide? That would be really helpful.

I just played a bit my Wd/D that has mixed gear and is at 35/30 level atm. I am planning to level him to 50, get some mage gear and try it, but would love more help with what skills do you level on both sides, and how do you gear - what results you get. Do you have any alts that are lower levels?

What I like to get this alt to do - survive GG and malatina games at lowest level possible, as well survive collecting mats (much easier with healer side and pet as tank :D).

Wednesday, January 30th 2013, 5:11pm

err no quotes

So wd/d magic build still seems pretty viable.