You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, January 26th 2012, 12:13am

Warrior/Warden- The Guide

[Guide] Warrior/Warden

Skills

Attacks
HP- High Priority Skill Keep maxed or as high as you can do
MP- medium Priority Skill keep it about 15 levels behind you
LP- Keep relitivly low not a high tp priority
0- Cant be upgraded
(50)- caps at 50

Slash (HP)- Max this skill good damage and a good filler attack during burn when you have some spare rage.
Probing Attack (LP)- Only really useful during burn won't use it much out side of instance
Open Flank (LP)- Again won't be used much out side of instances
Tactical Attack (MP)- Good damage and when Slash bleed is on target it hits twice
Whirlwind (LP)- Takes to much rage for little damage in return keep at 0 till endgame then level it if you want to.
Surprise Attack (MP)-opening skill with the 15 elite raises out pattk by a %. Keep it high
Moon Cleave (LP)- Better than whirlwind but still takes too much rage.
Blasting Cyclone (MP)- One of our better AoE's. You can put some tp into it if you want to but only if you have some to spare.

Warden General Skills
Briar Shield (HP)- Keep this maxed and on you at all times repels physical damage done by your target and increases your pdef.
Power of the Wood Spirit (MP)- Keep at healthy level damages three targets at once good for those patrols in instances. Shares cooldown with Charge Chop.
Charge Chop (HP)- MAX!! Your hardest hitting skill and spamable. Shares cooldown with PotWS
Enhanced Accuracy (50)- Max could always use some accuracy.
Elven Amulet (0)- Reduces the damage you receive by 20% for 10 sec. Good OH SHIT skill not Holy Aura but it works.
Savage Power (50)- Increases your physical attack for 30 sec. Good for boss battles.

Passives/Buffs
Berserk (50)- Used during boss battles. Raises Physical Attack by a %, but lowers Physical Def by the same %. Still max
Brute Strength- Keep Maxed. Raises your Strength by a %.
2-H Weapon Master (50)- Max makes your 2-h damage better.

These are not all the skills a Warrior/Warden gets but these are the ones I think are worth tp.

Elite Skills
15/15 Savage Strike- Passive skill its increases your physical attack for 5 sec. after using Surprise Attack.
20/20 Attack Weakener- Use it after Probing Attack. It reduces the targets physical attack by 10%.
25/25 Mental Bestiary- Makes your Slash and Open Flank hit even harder on Beasts and Humanoid monsters.
30/30 Savage Whirlwind- At low level you should probly keep the level low as it has a high mana cost. After 55 or so you can level it higher if you want.
35/35 Wild Howl- Rasies your and your party's pdamg and mdamg by 5% for 15sec. after using Savage Whirlwind. Partys will love you for it.
40/40 Awakening of the Wild- Gives us a small crit bounus. Main reason for it is the 10 sec imunnity aganist stun and root effects.
45/45 Battle Creed- Rasies our crit damage and gives us 10% less aggro when the target is hit with Slash. Caps at 50.
50/50 Air Tremor- Also our last AoE and best AoE we get. 4sec cool down and mana based. CAUTION It is % based so if not used correctly while suck your mana pool dry.

Skill Rotations and Buffs

Before a boss fight you should buff like this-Caviar Sandwhich>Savage Power>Aggressiveness>Strong Stim>Rage Pot>Bereserk>Crit Pot>Frenzy

To get the most out of your DPS your rotation should look like this- Surprise Attack>Savage Whirlwind>Probing Attack>Open Flank>Slash>Tactical Attack.... rinse and repeat. You can also weave Charge Chop in between attacks if you like as well, since it doesn't trigger GCD. Use Attack Weakener if you don't have enough rage for OF. Spam Charge Chop if nothing else.

Stating
Strength, Physical Attack, Stamina,and Hp are your most important stats. Since I am not up to date on the best current stats I cannot tell you exactly which stats to use. Back when I played a common stating method I saw was Str/pattk x4 and stam/pattk x2, or you can cut straight down the middle with both str/patk and stam/patk x3. Of course you are free to stat however you prefer.

Gear
Level 1-40 Any gear you can get your hands on will suffice. I recomend the Iron Coffin Set. You can use it till you late 30's or early 40's with no real drawbacks.
Level 50-54 Rune Warrior Set from KS is what I used till 55. There is also the set you get for free from the quest in weeping coast. Again completely up to you.
Level 55-80 At level 55 I recomend the Devil Slaughter set from DL/ZS. The Fury set from HoS is good too, but I prefer the devil set. That set can last you up to level 80 I believe. With the avalibly of the new X and Xl stats stating should not be a problem. I also recomend if your guild can run RT trying to get the Pachia set which is the legs, gloves, belt and earring. And of course if you have access to better gear say from GCHM, ToSH, etc. use it.

Acknowledgements
The RoM Wiki
romdatabase
mikkehboii
andreasels

P.S. If you help with this guide by commenting you’ll get your name put here. :thumbsup:

Well that's my guide hope you enjoyed it and were helped by it. Good Luck and Happy Hunting!
Darkpro Palenque (RETIRED)
Shortstackk C/R/Wl Artemis
Honor the dead, Fight like hell for the Living.

This post has been edited 5 times, last edit by "MPHick" (Aug 15th 2013, 11:12pm)

Thursday, January 26th 2012, 3:06am

You missed Open Flank in your list of main skills. Open Flank also gets the boost from Mental Beastiary, which makes it your strongest skill on Beast/Humanoids. Air Tremor is our best AoE. It is mana based and only has a 4 sec CD. I abuse it like crazy. Battle Creed is lovely it increases our Crit Dmg by 10% and lowers our aggro produced by 15% after using Probing Attack or Slash. Max Enhanced Accuracy. Warriors can always use more accuracy. It caps at 50 so requires almost no tp. Wild Howl is awesome it activates a party buff after you use Savage Whirlwind and increases P.Dmg and M.Dmg by 5% and lasts 15 seconds. Awakening of the Wild adds a small amount of crit that no one cares about, the 10 sec immunity against slow, root is lovely. Also do not max Charged Chop it is complete garbage in a boss fight. Shouldn't be used.
Firetruck W/Wdn/S 72/72/72- Retired as well now...
Bangsalot K/S/R 70/70/68 - Retired
Heretic- Reni

Thursday, January 26th 2012, 3:44am

Quoted from "MPHick;505154"

2-H Weapon Master- Keep maxed makes your 2-h damage better.
NOT a warden general last I checked.

Thursday, January 26th 2012, 3:50am

If u noticed its under the Passives section i lumped them all together. Warden and Warrior. But i couldve also been the text was small so its been enlarged and bolded.
@boii
Thx for the info ur name is now under acknoledgements.

Thursday, January 26th 2012, 3:55am

P.Dmg and M.Dmg increased by 5% not 13% lol that would be too OP. And it lasts for 15 seconds. Don't know why I wrote lasts 13 secs lol. Sorry on that part.
Heretic- Reni

Thursday, January 26th 2012, 4:10am

K changed lol

trav42073

Professional

Thursday, January 26th 2012, 6:25am

only 4 aoes? good starter guide.
95r/62m/63s/ Soultwist.
Ryaderr wrd/s/w erobos

BaseLord

Trainee

Occupation: Student (3rd Year University- Electrical Engineering)

Thursday, January 26th 2012, 6:27am

To be honest this is hardly a guide. Play your class more, and let the experienced players take the reigns in developing a guide (I'd be qualified for W/R very easily, but would hesitate for W/Wd as their rotations are drastically different-->Andreasels would be more qualified for that class). Reason being is you do not establish times in which the skills are useful, are level 48 main, and have probably at this point only ran quests.

I hate to be blunt, but that's the way it is.
Character name : Signia-- Legacy: W/R unbuffed (completely): 96.5k patk, 24.Xk str 89k hp, 75% crit
Please Note: Not Active and Likely Never will be again.

Thursday, January 26th 2012, 7:18am

Quoted from "mphick;505154"

probing attack- keep 5 to 10 levels behind you. Makes the target vulnerable, and with the 25/25 elite makes your slash do even more damage.

description of mental bestiary is misleading, you don't need the vulnerable debuff to let slash and of do more damage.

charged chop- max it. Nice bit of damage there.

totally useless skill atm, since casttime bonus is not applied. Even with the bonus it is kinda useless, since you don't gain rage while the cast and it can get interrupted.

briar shield- max it. Repels damage done by the target.

ofc you can max it, since it is capped at 50 anyway, but the difference between level 0 and level 50 is pathetic low

enhanced accuracy- put it to level 20 and keep it there.

just max it sooner or later, it is capped on 50 anyway and at least a bit useful

elven amulet
- reduces the damage you receive by 20% for 10 sec. Good for the opening of boss battles.

i would use it, when you really need it. On start of boss battle it is just a wasted global cooldown during burst phase

20/20 attack weakener
- use it after probing attack. It reduces the targets physical attack by 10%.

the main advantage of this skill is that it hits same as open flank (against non-humanoids/beasts) but costs mana (nearly infinite ressource)

Annotations in bold
Druffbaum W/Wd/S and Baumschmuser D/S

Server: EN(PVE) Macantacht
Guild: Blackhand

Thursday, January 26th 2012, 1:47pm

Quoted from "BaseLord;505250"

To be honest this is hardly a guide. Play your class more, and let the experienced players take the reigns in developing a guide (I'd be qualified for W/R very easily, but would hesitate for W/Wd as their rotations are drastically different-->Andreasels would be more qualified for that class). Reason being is you do not establish times in which the skills are useful, are level 48 main, and have probably at this point only ran quests.

I hate to be blunt, but that's the way it is.

I will agree that andreasels would be more qualified and id gladly let him take over, but if u noticed i'm trying to makes this a joint effort. i write the guide while the endgame w/wd's help me with the content of the guide. i could try and write the entire thing myself but that would take forever to finish cuz i lvl slow.:p
I really think this is an important guide to have cuz W/Wd is the strongest warrior in the game.

@andresels

thank u for the info i will add it to the guide after class today.

@trav42073

thank u good to c somepoeple arnt nay-sayers about newbies writing guides.

Friday, February 3rd 2012, 10:13am

don't worry, now it may be a work in progress but if you are dedicated to test your skills untill you bleed (that is what experienced endgamers do to perfect their knowledge of their class), you will polish this guide to a good quality.
kudos to the intention, and i think experienced wardens are welcomed to contribute.

Monday, February 6th 2012, 6:50pm

Also correct me if I am wrong. With the new GCD implemented to the game a couple of months ago Tactical Attack has been a hindrance to use for burn dpsing. It has seem like I have had issues with that skill ever since the change so I reskill to maximize my Probing Attack and Open Flank. I like feedback from other warriors on Tactical Attack :)
Character
Eclispsor 70/70/55 W/WD/S
Endgame DPS, Tank and Off Tank on a Elf ; )

Guild
Ragequit

Server
Govinda

KatalanOrk

Intermediate

Monday, February 6th 2012, 7:47pm

True that TA now triggers GCD, but the Slash Bleed has been lengthened so that you can hit TA twice off one bleed. Kinda messes about with your rotation but it does compensate a bit.
Everything above is posted on a strictly AFAIK basis
MACANTACHT -- (W/K) Katalana (W/S)
Bard of Taborea

Monday, February 6th 2012, 11:25pm

I use TA all the time. While yes it does have a cooldown its still a good skill, but i dont use it as much cuz right now im pretty much 3 shoting everything with-SA,PotWS,and SW. Cuz of my awesone purple T5 +2 Aguars Conquering sword.

Monday, February 6th 2012, 11:52pm

I have to agree with BaseLord on this one... at level 48 you're hardly qualified to write a guide.
Borella - 100 W/M/S/R/P/K
VVV
If you play P/K in instances you're garbage

Tuesday, February 7th 2012, 4:12am

Quoted from "edmb1;508037"

Also correct me if I am wrong. With the new GCD implemented to the game a couple of months ago Tactical Attack has been a hindrance to use for burn dpsing. It has seem like I have had issues with that skill ever since the change so I reskill to maximize my Probing Attack and Open Flank. I like feedback from other warriors on Tactical Attack :)

I still use Tactical Attack. SA>SW>PA>OF>Slash>TA would be better than using Slash twice in a row unless Beast/Humanoid. And having another W/Wdn in group makes it more awesome :D
Heretic- Reni

Tuesday, February 7th 2012, 1:45pm

Quoted from "Borella;508087"

I have to agree with BaseLord on this one... at level 48 you're hardly qualified to write a guide.

How about this in the knight section before all the downsizing in the forums. There was a guide writen by a 31 K/R and how to hold aggro. A lvl 31 wrote a guide. So how was he more qualified then me to write a guide. Which got sticked and he got prasied for. So instead of saying Your not quilifyed to write a guide be supportive, encourge me, help me out so I can make it a better guide. But if all your going to say in your post is " Your not qualified to write a guide." then pls dont post i dont want your negitivty here.

KatalanOrk

Intermediate

Tuesday, February 7th 2012, 2:22pm

Just to point out that your description of PA is still wrong. It doesn't effect Slash in any way.

Unfortunately when writing a guide, should you make basic errors you will get flamed/trolled. But so what? No one posts on a forum and expects everyone to be nice. People on the internet just aren't.

What you need to do is take on board criticism, update your guide, and write it with panache. Give your insights into the combo, and should they be wrong - chuck 'em out and update with better. To an extent simply collating the info that is out there from such luminaries as Druff is a service in itself, but really to have a bit more point you need to bring something a bit more to the project that just elbow grease.

You are levelling - give tips about that, low level dungeons, where to get gear, etc. For example you have nearly all your AoEs near maxed. Really? I would never advise that on a levelling Warrior - I would ignore then nearly entirely until you get to level 55 or so. Levelling is nearly all about single target damage.

Though you'll have fun with the Bodos :)

Don't tell people not to put negativity here, cause they ain't gonna listen. Take it on baord, and make the guide better. Give your insights. People like Yoman and Druff will pop up every time to correct you if you say anything wrong and post up hundreds of numbers for no reason than they are probably half calculator from some weird German science experiment gone wrong, so don't worry about that.

If you aren't sure about things, ask. We love answering things, and then you can stick the answers in the guide.

Though please don't give anything an arbitrary grade out of ten, as recommended by another player. That would make Kat sad, and you wouldn't want to do that, would you?

Edit: And well done for making the guide, even just making the attempt is admirable, now you just have to polish it a little bit :)
Everything above is posted on a strictly AFAIK basis
MACANTACHT -- (W/K) Katalana (W/S)
Bard of Taborea

Tuesday, February 7th 2012, 10:56pm

Quoted from "MPHick;508225"

How about this in the knight section before all the downsizing in the forums. There was a guide writen by a 31 K/R and how to hold aggro. A lvl 31 wrote a guide. So how was he more qualified then me to write a guide. Which got sticked and he got prasied for. So instead of saying Your not quilifyed to write a guide be supportive, encourge me, help me out so I can make it a better guide. But if all your going to say in your post is " Your not qualified to write a guide." then pls dont post i dont want your negitivty here.

If you're going to write a guide at level 48, when you have yet to experience even the most basic instances, I would suggest naming it something like "Warrior/Warden, low level guide, or Warrior/Warden, Levelling." something along those lines. The fact of the matter is at level 48 you haven't had a chance to test your skills in an endgame situation yet.

While I admire your effort, simply putting together other peoples ideas isn't enough. You should still have a little bit of experience playing the class in an endgame situation before writing a guide on where to spend your TP, what skills to level, what gear to get, etc.

Unless, of course, you intend the guide to just be a low level questing/instance guide, in which case disregard everything i've said.
Borella - 100 W/M/S/R/P/K
VVV
If you play P/K in instances you're garbage

Tuesday, February 7th 2012, 11:44pm

@katalanork
Yes i understand there will always be negitive people on the internet, and about keeping the AoE's maxed I think I said keep them high not maxed. And the reason for that is i always use them. Why? maybe its cuz i always rush head first into a group of mobs? It always seems no matter what i do i always end up with two to three mobs on me at once. Which is now getting harder to deal with cuz i just transitioned to Savage Lands.

@borella
Yes borella i did intend it to be a low level guide at first. Then as i leveled I'd change things, add new things, and delete old things. But the reason I asked assitance from the endgame W/Wd's is if i wrote this entire thing myself it would take a LONG LONG LONG time to write and complete. So for the sake of newbies just coming into the game and just for the sake of time i asked for their help so I can finish this guide faster. Do yah understand where I'm coming from?