You are not logged in.

Tuesday, May 14th 2013, 4:54pm

Excellent guide!

Rossbot

Intermediate

Tuesday, May 14th 2013, 7:43pm

Nice job with the guide, it would be cool if you could link up the top navigation to pull to the sections, but that's just me being a web designer. ;)
Former: Player, Active Member of the Community, Theory Crafter, and Guild Council Member.
Officially retired. Playing other games now that have an active development team.

Spoiler Spoiler

Development team disregarded any kind of constructive criticism, ideas, or offering help over the 2 years I've been giving it to them for free.
I found a new game for a gaming experience I actually enjoy.

Enjoy the band playing, while the ship sinks.

Thursday, June 27th 2013, 5:22am

So, I know the formatting is fucked to hell now with the new forum, but I can't fix it.

Since with this new shitty forum the max characters per post is 10K, and my guide is approaching 40K characters, it won't save when I fix it. So I guess it will just sit there like this, ugly and with screwed up formatting.

Thanks Gameforge. Idiots.
Borella - 100 W/M/S/R/P/K
VVV
If you play P/K in instances you're garbage

gigilomann

XxXGigilomannXxX

Mood: Love

Thursday, June 27th 2013, 7:05am

So, I know the formatting is fucked to hell now with the new forum, but I can't fix it.

Since with this new shitty forum the max characters per post is 10K, and my guide is approaching 40K characters, it won't save when I fix it. So I guess it will just sit there like this, ugly and with screwed up formatting.

Thanks Gameforge. Idiots.
You'll be fine. On your stating, For a healer I think they can stat stam/def for pve and pvp. It would just depend on how the class/person likes to stat. Personally, I love stacking stamina/defense but I'll use wis/hp stam/wis and stam/hp as well. I ant get as high as hp as per say another healer in my guild compared to me, but i can get about twice to three times their defense as to where they about double my max hp. As for a healer, you can go max hp stating and still be fine in pvp, especially as a p/k.
For you to live or die is in my hands, In Gigi we trust.

-"Retired as one of the best, Will always be remembered for KT, RT->RT Dia, and GCH"- -Palenque- -XxXGigilomannXxX- -P/K/S-

Tuesday, January 28th 2014, 12:19pm

You'll be fine. On your stating, For a healer I think they can stat stam/def for pve and pvp. It would just depend on how the class/person likes to stat. Personally, I love stacking stamina/defense but I'll use wis/hp stam/wis and stam/hp as well. I ant get as high as hp as per say another healer in my guild compared to me, but i can get about twice to three times their defense as to where they about double my max hp. As for a healer, you can go max hp stating and still be fine in pvp, especially as a p/k.
I became addicted to stam/def, since defense doesn't need to be healed while HP does.

Great guide!
Btw Wave Armor can be used before Chain of Light so that it doesn't get interrupted so fast.
P/K's Sacrificial Cure can be a tank saver, just needs no be carefully used and you need to be sure you won't be hit too hard. In my experience Life Link takes care of the dropped HP, same goes for Holy Candle. Usually you heal yourself faster than the HP decreases.

Monday, July 21st 2014, 12:06am

Stam/Def vs Stam/HP Have things changed?

Not sure if things have changed since you wrote the guide, or if I just have some bad info. Many people on my server are saying don't touch Def stats. Not really just for healers, but for other classes. I know this is a healer thread, but I also know you play mage. Can you please help me make sense of why if, as i've been told, instance damage to the player is now mostly HP based. People are saying go Stam/HP, Int/HP, etc. over Stam/Def, Int/Def. I know Int/HP and Int/Def are bad mage gear fillers anyway but just for example sake. To me it would seem if damage to the player is indeed HP based, you would want to keep HP sort of artificially low and stat heavy with X/Def. @.@ ?? any help would be greatly appreciated. thx for taking the extra time to write a great guide. -Regards.

Cike

Rogue

Monday, July 21st 2014, 12:18am

u need the HP for those few aoe's the are NOT % based. some hit for a flat #, and u need to be able to survive those. that being said, def only really helps if you have enough to make a difference. most clothies, unless they are statting like a tank, will not have enough to make a difference. for survivability, i'd go, in order, stam > HP > def.
my r/p can outdps r/m. your name is stupid.

mages should stack dex. word.

gigilomann

XxXGigilomannXxX

Mood: Love

Monday, July 21st 2014, 5:24pm

u need the HP for those few aoe's the are NOT % based. some hit for a flat #, and u need to be able to survive those. that being said, def only really helps if you have enough to make a difference. most clothies, unless they are statting like a tank, will not have enough to make a difference. for survivability, i'd go, in order, stam > HP > def.
All depends on the player, i would still to this day say stam/def > stam/hp. but id use both. porbably stam/def x3, stam/hp x3 or stam/def x 3. stam/hp x 3 and stam/wis x 1 is usually how I stated. but it depends on the player. I've always prefered defense to hp. Sure i can only get about 300k hp still using old stats and and old gear, but i can get over 400k pdef as well. and ovedr 200k mdef.
Not sure if things have changed since you wrote the guide, or if I just have some bad info. Many people on my server are saying don't touch Def stats. Not really just for healers, but for other classes. I know this is a healer thread, but I also know you play mage. Can you please help me make sense of why if, as i've been told, instance damage to the player is now mostly HP based. People are saying go Stam/HP, Int/HP, etc. over Stam/Def, Int/Def. I know Int/HP and Int/Def are bad mage gear fillers anyway but just for example sake. To me it would seem if damage to the player is indeed HP based, you would want to keep HP sort of artificially low and stat heavy with X/Def. @.@ ?? any help would be greatly appreciated. thx for taking the extra time to write a great guide. -Regards.
As a mage youre squishy to begin with. in personal preference, again as a dps you want to go all dps. Because lets face it, mage isnt the highest on the dps charts and youll probably die a lot anyways because of squishyness. So dont bother with def stats imo. However if youre stating for seige and have maybe a pvp set, hp isnt a bad idea, m/wd get defense boost, still squishy if hit. not many play m/k anymore but they get the def and stam. depends on your preference butfor pve, id go straight dps, especially if youre looking for runs.
For you to live or die is in my hands, In Gigi we trust.

-"Retired as one of the best, Will always be remembered for KT, RT->RT Dia, and GCH"- -Palenque- -XxXGigilomannXxX- -P/K/S-

Tuesday, July 22nd 2014, 8:56am

Thanks to both for the replies. Just for clarification; Cike, when you say that some AoE's hit for a flat #, do you mean everyone in party gets hit for roughly the same number regardless of defense?(unless stated very heavily perhaps)

Tuesday, July 22nd 2014, 9:52am

a flat #, do you mean everyone in party gets hit for roughly the same number regardless of defense
No, I think by "flat number" Cike meant simply "not-%".

So for %-based: if you get 2 hits of 55% and no healing you are dead, no matter how much HP you have. Stating HP does not help.

For not-% based (Cike's "flat numbers"): you get hit by, say 50k; the point is that for this kind of hits if you have 95k HP you will be dead after two hits, and if you have 105 hp you may survive with 5k HP long enough for the healer to heal you. So that would be a (a bit theoretical) reason to stat HP. And yeah - the actual number (50k) does depend on your defense etc., so if extra defense can bring the hit down to 45k, you would survive 2 hits even with less HP.
>>>> >>>> >>>>
>>>>
>>>> Please, bring back (bound if there is no other option) dias to AH! :thumbsup:
>>>> If you do this we will all love you forever. ;)
>>>>
>>>> >>>> >>>>

Tuesday, July 22nd 2014, 10:15am

For not-% based (Cike's "flat numbers"): you get hit by, say 50k; the point is that for this kind of hits if you have 95k HP you will be dead after two hits, and if you have 105 hp you may survive with 5k HP long enough for the healer to heal you. So that would be a (a bit theoretical) reason to stat HP. And yeah - the actual number (50k) does depend on your defense etc., so if extra defense can bring the hit down to 45k, you would survive 2 hits even with less HP.
This is due damage mitigation from set skills or passives, not the defense itself. E.g. 5th boss in Beth hard does an aoe that hit everyone in range for a flat 40k damage. But warriors have a set skill that lowers 20% AoE damage, thus they receive just 32k

Wednesday, July 23rd 2014, 10:52pm

Very helpful, and well stated by all. Admittedly, I'm still not sure if it's a solid pro or con, but I do understand the debate more clearly. Again, thanks very much for all the great input.