You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, September 12th 2013, 9:17pm

Darwec's Rogue Guide Mark 3

Rogue General
Rogue is relatively high dps class and are also fantastic in PVP. Their Skills are based on physical dps. Rogues are often attributed with having naturally high crit rate and attack speed. Almost all rogues have the same basic rotation, with some changes based on secondary and elite skills.

Rotation
Rogues have a lot of skills to level. The following skills should be maxed or as close to max as you can get them.

Shadowstab
  • Requires a dagger to be equipped for bleed.
  • Applies bleed. Counts towards wound attack.
  • If there are multiple shadowstab bleeds on target, only one will count towards wound attack.

Throw
  • High damage filler skill, also good in pvp
  • Generally not necessary as a R/S but can be used with macro's for more fillier skills. Usually does more damage than shot.

Agility
  • Dodge Rate

Nimble Hands
  • Increases attack speed

Low Blow
  • Applies Grievous wound if a bleed exists, Counts towards wound attack.
  • If there are multiple Grievous wound's, only one will count towards wound attack.

Wound attack
  • no bleeds on target = 1 hit.
  • 1 bleed on target (either bleed, or grievous wound) = 2 hits
  • 2 bleeds on target (both bleed and grievous wound) = 3 hits

Dagger Mastery
  • Increased dagger damage

Hide
  • Increasing level lets you move faster in hide

Blind spot
  • Applies bleed. Over writes shadowstab's bleed. Counts towards wound attack.

Sneak attack
  • Applies bleed, over writes shadowstab's bleed. Counts towards wound attack.
  • Not usually necessary to max, but at least keep it at lvl 50+

Treasure Hunter
  • Loot buff, nice for instances

Off hand Master
  • Increases offhand damage

Sprint
  • Good for sw to run away

Evasion
  • Dodge rate buff, good for surviving and for sw.

Combo Throw
  • High dps filler skill

Informer
  • Not usually necessary to max, but at least keep it at lvl 50+

Fervent Attack
  • Good for when strong stimulant wears off.

A rogues highest dps skill is wound attack (except for a few class's elite skills). The reason for this is because, depending on how many bleeds are on your target, wound attack will hit extra. For example, if there is a shadowstab bleed on your target, wound attack hits twice. If there is a shadowstab and low blow bleed on the target, wound attack hits three times. If there is no bleed on the target, low blow generally hits harder than wound attack.

For boss fights, the general rotation should be shadowstab, low blow, wound attack, and then use throw/combo throw and any filler skills you get from your secondary or elite skills until wound attack is up again. Once wound attack is up, restart your rotation.

If you look at the tool tip for these skills, they are all based on main hand weapon DPS, not on main hand weapon damage. This confuses a lot of players. Some weapons have very high damage, but they have very low attack speed, so their DPS is low. You do not want a weapon like this. You want weapons that have the highest possible DPS. DPS is calculated as damage / attack speed. There are many addons (like stat rating) that will show you what a weapons dps is. For stat rating, the dps is the number in parenthesis next to the main hand weapon damage.

In PvP, your rotation is slightly different. Most players die too quickly to cast a full rotation on them. Generally you can kill them with throw and combo throw at a range. If they seem like they wont die that quickly (like if they are a healer, or a tank, or a champion, or a /wd or a /k class) open with sneak attack for the stun, and use the full rotation. Sneak attack adds a bleed to the target, so you can skip shadowstab and move straight to low blow. It is also important to use silence skills on a healer. Rogues in general have no silence skills, you will have to rely on secondary and elite skills for this. For example Rogue/scouts have throat attack and rogue/mage has silence. Rogue/warden has no silence skills, but emotional obstruction will help by lowering magical damage done.

Set Skills
There are a lot of set skills, I will only list the ones that I use frequently.

Hos: Phantom Stab
AOE

WA: Unknown Choice
Buff

DL: Escape
Use in sw to get past eyes of true knowledge and to escape roots and stuns

TOSH: Kanches' Rend
AOE

Buffs
Buffing is important for boss fights. Buffs help you to increase your damage output, but are generally short term. All rogues, in general, have a few common buffs they should be using. All buffs should be cast from longest to shortest.

Grassland / Cake / Other hp and pdef food
Helps to keep you alive

Roast Wolf Leg / Other pattack or pdamage food
  • Use pdamage food for instances where you are sure you pass the physical attack cap. I generally use this in lower level dungeons likes RT and GCH.
  • Use Physical attack food if your physical attack is low compared to the dungeon you are running. I use Pattack food in tosh-hard mode and higher level dungeons.

Poison (unless you have class specific elites that don't allow you to use this)
Lowers the damage the boss deals, so helps to save the tanks life.

Hero Potion
+all attributes, so more damage, more hp, more everything.

Life Source (unless you have a priest giving you grace of life)
+hp if you dont have a priest in your group.

Caviar Sandwich (Can be obtained from a house keeper with lvl 30-40 cooking skills)
+10% crit damage

Unknown Choice (wa set skill)
a possibility of 3 buffs, either hp, crit, or physical attack.

Informer (have your rogues rotate this skill, its a group buff)
+crit

Strong Stimulant
  • + attack speed
  • If strong stimulant wears off and the boss fight is still going, use fervent attack. The two skills do not stack, so use strong stim first, and then fervent

Fire Training
  • From the +all attributes siege war title line
  • group buff, cycle this with other people in the party

Soldiers, Attack!
  • From the +all attributes siege war title line
  • like Fire training, but stronger, and stacks.
  • Group buff, cycle this with other people in the party
  • While it stacks with Fire training, they also both share a cool down. You need one person doing FT and one doing SA

Extinction Potion
  • use deadly potion if you have high crit but low pa.
  • Potion of Annihilation is the same as Extinction potion, but is made with mems instead of being crafted but gives less crit

Assassins Rage
crit hit rate and crit damage

Ultimate Shot
Buff you get from the Aoth strike cape, +240 physical damage

Pet
Get a Holy, dark pet egg. If you can get a fell snake, you're probably rich and you should do it. Otherwise get any old pet, low lvl (like lvl 2), lvl its aptitude to 100, then level the pet unlocking skills along the way. I cant teach you how to level a pet. Once your pet is lvled, use the HIll Bear Cub transformation
Darwec R/wd/m :DThe Rogue Guide
EOJs Mems and Shells
The continuous cries for "oh, make things harder on people who don't spend real money" is driving this game into the dirt. This game isn't funded by pay to play players. Its funded by the people who go out and farm all your stats and hard mode gear for you to buy.

This post has been edited 5 times, last edit by "Darwec" (Oct 25th 2013, 10:46pm)

YomanROM

Professional

Thursday, September 12th 2013, 9:24pm

60 minutes blocker. Have Fun OP.

This post will selfdestruct in 60 seconds or whenever a mod sees it. (Aka can be deleted)
Ionsai - DE / Yoman // retired Knight/Warrior/Priest
I like theorycrafting - no i don't know *everything* (yet - im working on it!) :thumbsup: | RoM-Welten Editor/Translator

RoM-Welten: DEEN

[long text]
Ravesden: tl;dr
Yoman: for you everything that's longer than "tl;dr" is tl;dr :p
Ravesden: tl;dr
Yoman: ^^

Thursday, September 12th 2013, 9:53pm

Gear
All rogues should generally gear the same. You want to maximize physical attack, physical damage, and physical crit rate.
I will not be covering endgame gear in this guide, other than weapons and accessories. Instead I will cover the most obtainable gear. Once you are in this, you should already have a better understand of what rogue's are like to play, and what gear you would want to wear as a rogue.

Accessories

Rings
  • The Absolute best rings are maze walls, but these are bought using proof of myths so they are expensive
  • A good alternative is the Ring of soul domination, 240 energy of justice from Merdhin Tundra.
  • The new rings our of hard mode are the best. A good alternative are the easy mode rings. 360 crit when od and t7.
  • Plussing your rings to +16 is a must as they give you critical damage

Earring
  • Bethomia Speed Earings are the best earrings in the game, with no real cheaper alternative. They are 910 mems from Syrbals Pass.
  • Plussing earings gives hp. Anywhere from +12 to +16 is good.

Necklace
  • The Bedim Accuracy necklace is the best necklace in the game, pulled with mems from Merdhin Tundra.
  • AS of lvl 82/85, Belathis Speed Necklace is the best neck in game.
  • There is also now an 87 necklace from the Jungle of Hortek.
  • Plussing a necklace gives crit rate. +16 is a must.

Weapons

Main Hand
  • The best Main Hand dagger in the game is a Sandos' Claw. The next best is a Dim Light, Followed by a Transformed Sandos' Claw
  • There is a new dagger in Grotto. It may be better than Dimlight, but is NOT better than a sandos claw. It may be the case that it will be the only dagger you can acquire if your server stopped farming beth to farm Grotto.
  • Tier your main hand dagger. This means with crappy lvl 1 green stats, and dirty random fusion stones you can get from any vendor. All you need is for its damage to be high. You want a t9 or t10 or t11 or as high as you can afford to tier dagger.

Off Hand
  • The best offhand dagger is a transformed sando's claw or a chaos plague. These give the most physical attack for a rogue. Transformed sandos is crafted, the chaos plague is from second boss Bethomia normal.
  • Eternal Torment from Grotto Hard mode is now the best off hand dagger.
  • You want to stat an offhand, consider it another piece of gear. Its damage is irrelevant.

Armor

Cape
The best cape in the game is an outside codex, but this is a proof of myth pull, so it is rather expensive. The next best cape is a transformed lindworms cape, which is crafted. It is rather comparable to the outside codex, only a few hundred physical attack less. There is now a level 85 crafted cape that is better, the transformed metal void.

Plague Lindworm Set
  • The Plauge lindworm set is one of the easiest sets to obtain at lvl 80. Its better than the Tosh hard set.
  • For this set, The helmet and boots drop out of Bethomia Normal.
  • The Gloves and Belt are crafted.
  • The shoulder guards, pants and chest piece are not worth using.

Shoulders
Instead of using plague lindworm shoulders, use Venom's Shoulder Guards out of bethomia easy

Chest
Use whatever piece you can obtain that you think is best. You generally want a piece that gives physical attack and or crit on it.

Legs
Morfan Easy Leg guards, either Resonant Voice Leg Guards or Leg guards of Jalorian Will Power.

85 alternative
It is also reasonable to use ALL crafted gear, lvl 80-85. Make sure you only use pieces that have both physical attack and crit on them, except for the belt and pants. Belt and pants often do not have both.

Stats

You should stat all accessories, wings, armor, and your offhand as follows: 4x some combination of dex/pa or str/pa AND 2x some combination of stam/pa or hp/pa.
  • 2 strength/physical attack stats (barbarian x or ability of the___)
  • 2 dexterity/physical attack stats (fang x or triumph of the ___)
  • A stamina/physical attack stat (oppression x or guardian of the ___)
  • A physical attack/hp stat ( core of the ____)

It is perfectly acceptable to use two oppression's (x and xi level) two fang's (x and xi level) and two barbarians (x and xi level). This will easily get you to tosh and kbh level. As higher level bag stats are released (we are now up to xii) use the top to levels for your gear (there are now two versions of xii gear released, so use that)

Runes
Runes for your accessories and armor should be as such:
  • revolution (dex/pa)
  • block (stam/hp)
  • potential or enlightenment (+ all attributes)
  • aggression or madness

**************************EDIT**************************
they've started selling better runes in the IS
If possible, aim for the following set up
  • revo
  • madness
  • assassin
  • enchantment or aggression or tyrant

Aggression is str/pa, madness is int/pa. Oddly enough, a madness vii is more physical attack than an aggression x.

Main hand weapon runes:
  • raid
  • wrath
  • fatal
  • reconciliation

Offhand weapon runes:
  • revolution
  • potential or enlightenment or assassin
  • aggression or madness
  • reconciliation
EOJs Mems and Shells
The continuous cries for "oh, make things harder on people who don't spend real money" is driving this game into the dirt. This game isn't funded by pay to play players. Its funded by the people who go out and farm all your stats and hard mode gear for you to buy.

This post has been edited 5 times, last edit by "Darwec" (Jul 27th 2014, 1:08am)

Thursday, September 12th 2013, 11:23pm

Rogue/Scout
Rogue/scouts rely on range weapons, and high crit rate (higher than most other rogues).
You also get a bow as an extra stat slot.

Rotation
The Rogue/scout rotation is the same as a general rogues rotation, with the addition of shot, vampire arrows, and joint blow. Joint blow is a fantastic spamable filler skill for when you don't have energy.

The one exception to this is when a rogue/scout is under the affect of Energy Thief. Energy Thief will restore energy to the rogue when the rogue is white hitting the target. Because of this, when Energy Thief is going it is better to spam low blow instead of using filler skills. Filler skills are meant to keep energy up, but since energy is not a problem for a rogue scout with energy thief, the following rotation is better: shadowstab, low blow, wound attack, low blow spam until wound attack is back up, repeat.
Once energy thief wears off, return to your usual rotation.

Buffs
Coerce
Does more damage when target below 30% hp.

Combat master
Crit hit rate and crit damage buff

Energy Thief
Use this at the start, and spam low blow

Blood arrow
  1. Use blood arrow after energy thief runs out. This buff will sap your hp for increased range weapon damage. Since you will be spamming your filler skills like shot and joint blow now, blood arrow is helpful to keep dps up after energy thief wears off.
  2. Be careful: since this skill saps your hp, dont use it if you dont have a good healer.

Gear
You get one extra stat slot, a bow. Most rogues use a Cross bow, because they often give more physical attack and more damage for shot, but some choose to use a bow for the faster attack speed. It is up to you, a cross bow will be more expensive.

In general, you want to stat your bow exactly like your off hand weapon. If you can afford extra t10s and you are capable of macroing shot into your rotation, you may want to use a t10 bow. If you do this, your rotation (not on energy thief) will look something like: shadow stab, low blow, wound attack, shot, vamp, throw, combo throw, repeat. Skip shadow stab / low blow if bleeds still applied.

Rogue/Warden
Rogue/wardens are high dps and high defense, and rely on weaving in charged chop for extra dps.

Rotation
A rogue/wardens rotation is the exact same as a rogue general except:

• charge chop should be cast with every skill. By this I do not mean BETWEEN every skill, but WITH every skill. Usually skills trigger a thing called global cool down which causes every skill to go on a 1 second cool down. So for example, a rogue would do the following: shadowstab, (1 second cool down), low blow, (1 second cool down) …
  • With a rogue/warden, charged chop does not trigger and is not affected by global cooldown. So instead you can cast: shadowstab, charged chop, (1 second cool down), low blow, charged chop (1 second cool down)....
  • This is a huge boost to DPS.
  • Also, rogue/warden gets 1 good filler skill called Weak Point Strike. This skill should not be maxed. Its only a ok filler skill, I left it at lvl 60. It should be cast when all skills are on cool down. If you can manage the mana drain, blood thirst blade is also
  • Power of the wood spirit gives a 5% pdamage buff to your party when used, but can only be used every 30 seconds. Every 30 seconds you should use power of the wood spirit instead of charged chop.

Source code

function MyRogueWdn(arg1, arg2)
	local Skill = {}
    local i = 0
    local energy = UnitMana("player")
    local focus = UnitSkill("player")
    local friendly = (not UnitCanAttack("player", "target"))
    local combat = GetPlayerCombatState()
    local tspell,ttime,telapsed = UnitCastingTime("target")
    local pbuffs = BuffList("player")
    local tbuffs = BuffList("target")
	local melee
	if(string.find(arg2, "range"))then
		melee = GetActionUsable(3)
	else
		melee = true
	end
	local tclass = UnitClass("target");
	CreateDIYCETimer("SSBleed", 5) --Change the value between 6 -> 7.5 depending on your lag.
    CreateDIYCETimer("LBBleed", 5) --Change the value between 7 ->  8.5 depending on your lag.
	CreateDIYCETimer("WSG", 30) --Wood Spirit's Grasp
	i=i+1; Skill[i] = { name = "Hide", use = (GetZoneID() == 402) and ((not UnitCanAttack("player","target")) or UnitIsDeadOrGhost("target") == true or UnitIsDeadOrGhost("target") == nil) }
	i=i+1; Skill[i] = { name = "Premeditation", use = (string.find( arg2, "premed" ) and (not combat) and not pbuffs["Premeditation"]) }
	i=i+1; Skill[i] = { name = "Sneak Attack",   use = ((not friendly) and (energy >= 70) and string.find(arg2, "behind") and (not combat)) }
	i=i+1; Skill[i] = { name = "Power of the Wood Spirit",     use = not pbuffs["Wood Spirit's Graps"], timer = "WSG"}
	i=i+1; Skill[i] = { name = "Charged Chop",           use = (not friendly) and focus > 500}
	i=i+1; Skill[i] = { name = "Wound Attack",   use = ((not friendly) and (energy >= 35) and (tbuffs["Sneak Attack Bleed"] or tbuffs["Bleed"] or tbuffs["Blind Spot Bleed"]) and tbuffs["Grievous Wound"]) }	
	i=i+1; Skill[i] = { name = "Blind Spot",     use = (((not tbuffs["Sneak Attack Bleed"]) and (not tbuffs["Bleed"]) and (not tbuffs["Blind Spot Bleed"])) and (not friendly) and (energy >= 70) and string.find(arg2, "behind")) }
	i=i+1; Skill[i] = { name = "Low Blow",       use =  (not tbuffs["Grievous Wound"]) and (energy >= 30) and (tbuffs["Sneak Attack Bleed"] or tbuffs["Bleed"] or tbuffs["Blind Spot Bleed"])  , timer = "LBBleed", ignoretimer = (not tbuffs["Grievous Wound"]) }
	i=i+1; Skill[i] = { name = "Shadowstab",     use = ( (not tbuffs["Bleed"]) and ((not tbuffs["Sneak Attack Bleed"]) ) and (not string.find(arg2, "behind")) and (not friendly) and (energy >= 70)), timer = "SSBleed" , ignoretimer = not tbuffs["Bleed"] or not tbuffs["Blind Spot Bleed"] or not tbuffs["Sneak Attack Bleed"]}
	i=i+1; Skill[i] = { name = "Throw",           use = (not friendly) }
	i=i+1; Skill[i] = { name = "Weak Point Strike",           use = (not friendly) and focus > 500 }
	--i=i+1; Skill[i] = { name = "Action: 34(Lion Claw Mark)", use = ((not friendly) and (energy >=20)) and not tbuffs["Claw Mark"]}
	i=i+1; Skill[i] = { name = "Combo Throw",           use = (not friendly) }

MyCombat(Skill,arg1)	
end

Buffs
You have a few extra buffs you get from r/wd
  • Briar Shield increases pdef
  • Wound patch heals you when you get hit
  • Savage Power Is a 17% physical attack buff for 30 seconds
  • Revival heals you based on how many revival stacks you have: 1 stack = 5% hp; 10 stacks = 50% hp

Gear
It is reasonable to make pvp gear for a r/wd with extra defense stats.
The cheapest way to gear pvp gear for a r/wd is:
  • Seclusion Xi (stam/hp)
  • Oppression Xi (stam/pa)
  • oppression Xii (stam/pa)
  • Mystery of the Mist (hp/def)
  • Authority xii (stam/def)
  • Authority xi (stam/def)

The better, but more expensive way to stat is:
  • Protection of the Mist (stam/def)
  • Guardian of the Mist (stam/pa)
  • Elemental Guardian (stam/pa)
  • Mystery of the Mist (hp/def)
  • Anni of the Mist (stam/hp)
  • Elemental Protection (stam/def)

Rogue/Mage
Rotation
Your rotation as a r/m is the same as rogue general. For the most part, you have no filler skills. Combo throw, throw, shadow stab, low blow, wound attack, repeat. Always be in range for white hits to go off so that Enchanted Throw can proc.

Open a boss fight with premed and combo throw. Once you close the gab between you and a boss, shadow stab, low blow, wound attack, and throw. Repeat. Do NOT use combo throw if you are in range for enchanted throw to proc. Avoid cast skills and any skills that deal less damage than Throw does.
DIYCE

Source code

i=i+1; Skill[i] = { name = "Instant Shadow", use = ((_target == UnitName("player")) and (_type == "DODGE")) }

This line tiggers instant shadow when you dodge. Add it to your r/m diyce.

Buffs
Enchanted Throw
A huge dps increase, added damage on white hits. Always have this on. It does NOT stack with poison. As a r/m you should use Enchanted Throw instead of Poison.

Create Opportunity
Crit hit rate buff. Also useful in sw because it stuns your target. useful in pvp to stun targets.

Illusion Blade Dance
Increases attack speed, crit damage, and does extra damage every 2 seconds for 30 seconds.
EOJs Mems and Shells

This post has been edited 15 times, last edit by "Darwec" (Apr 9th 2014, 10:10pm)

Friday, September 13th 2013, 6:14am

This is a link to my old guide. It still has a lot of good info especially for r/s, Darwec's New Rogue/Scout Guide
EOJs Mems and Shells

RoMage

rustyx is lame rogue

Mood: Unsure

Friday, September 13th 2013, 2:36pm

Nice and into detail guide. Thank you!

ps. where is DIYCE2 function? :)

Friday, September 13th 2013, 2:53pm

Nice and into detail guide. Thank you!

ps. where is DIYCE2 function? :)

Who told u i had diyce <.< I dont diyce! >.> I'll think about posting atleast a really basic r/wd diyce since r/wd is interesting to play with its gcd-less charged chop. You really dont need a diyce to do good dps as a r/s or a r/m
EOJs Mems and Shells

RoMage

rustyx is lame rogue

Mood: Unsure

Friday, September 13th 2013, 3:25pm

Ahh, I am low-blow newb, R/M that uses staff instead of dagger... don't mind me. :D

Secret had good R/S DIYCE2 script that I used, but it was very specific and in manu instances not highest DPS with my junky gear.

Saturday, September 14th 2013, 3:42am

Updated to fix r/m rotation and buff info. Basically: ET and Create Opportunity dont stack. Use CO in pvp to stun lock targets but never in PVE.

Added my r/wd diyce.
EOJs Mems and Shells

Friday, October 25th 2013, 4:38pm

Fixed R/m rotation. Skip combo throw if you are in melee range.
EOJs Mems and Shells

Sunday, October 27th 2013, 4:07pm

I'd say post burn when you got no speed buffs available combo throw is ok.
Saito fix my wings

~ Aqualink removed part of signature deemed inappropriate

Sunday, October 27th 2013, 6:44pm

Probably but i was too lazy to write that out.

Edit I got bored and that got me thinking. Assuming there is no cap on white hit speed(which there probably is)

Using a sandos main hand and a Kibensty's blade

No speed pots
nimble hands (8%)
Sandos: (2.2/1.08 )Seconds/Hit. Combo throw is 1.5 seconds. 0.7hits.
Kibensty: (1.4/1.08 )Seconds/Hit. Combo throw is 1.5 secodns. 1.16hits.
~2 hits in the time for 1 combo throw.

With Speed Pots
Lute(25%), Strong Stim(30%), pet(5%), illusion blade dance(20%)
Sandos: (2.2/1.08/1.25/1.3/1.05/1.2)Seconds/Hit. Combo throw is 1.5 seconds. 1.5hits.
Kibensty: (1.4/1.08/1.25/1.3/1.05/1.2)Seconds/Hit. Combo throw is 1.5 seconds. 2.4hits.
~4 hits in the time for 1 combo throw.
EOJs Mems and Shells

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Darwec" (Oct 27th 2013, 7:47pm)

Sunday, October 27th 2013, 9:31pm

Added a line for dicye to trigger instant shadow for r/m's
EOJs Mems and Shells

Monday, October 28th 2013, 3:22am

Probably but i was too lazy to write that out.

Edit I got bored and that got me thinking. Assuming there is no cap on white hit speed(which there probably is)

Using a sandos main hand and a Kibensty's blade

No speed pots
nimble hands (8%)
Sandos: (2.2/1.08 )Seconds/Hit. Combo throw is 1.5 seconds. 0.7hits.
Kibensty: (1.4/1.08 )Seconds/Hit. Combo throw is 1.5 secodns. 1.16hits.
~2 hits in the time for 1 combo throw.

With Speed Pots
Lute(25%), Strong Stim(30%), pet(5%), illusion blade dance(20%)
Sandos: (2.2/1.08/1.25/1.3/1.05/1.2)Seconds/Hit. Combo throw is 1.5 seconds. 1.5hits.
Kibensty: (1.4/1.08/1.25/1.3/1.05/1.2)Seconds/Hit. Combo throw is 1.5 seconds. 2.4hits.
~4 hits in the time for 1 combo throw.

your math is wrong. providing the correction, add if u like to the original post.

Some minor corrections:

- nimble hands 8% is at lvl 60. a more realistic approach is 9-10% (70-80 lvl). speed is a permanent and direct boost to overall dmg and is a-must for any physical combo to upgrade as much as possible
- strong stimulant provides 25% attack speed instead of 30%
- pet passive 5% should be considered in the non-burst phase too since it should be always out
- u miss raid runes boosts, which for r/m (unlike other rog combos) should be put in both weapons [Edit]

Major Issues:

- the way u calculate the attack speed is not correct.

the correct formula is: new_speed = speed * (1 - boost_1/100) * (1 - boost_2/100) * ... (1 - boost_n/100)
where boost_1,2,... r the percentage "increases" in speed by different factors

providing below the correct analysis on the examples u gave:

No speed pots
(assuming pet and lvl 70 nimble hands)
nimble hands (9%), pet (5%)
Sandos: 2.2*0.91*0.95 = 1.902 Seconds/Hit. Combo throw is 1.5 seconds so 0.788 hits lost per combo-thow cast.
Kibensty: 1.4*0.91*0.95 = 1.21 Seconds/Hit. Combo throw is 1.5 seconds so 1.24 hits lost per combo-thow cast
~2 hits in the time for 1 combo throw. (same result approximately)

With Speed Pots
nimble hands (9%), pet (5%), Lute(25%), Strong Stim(25%), illusion blade dance(20%)
Sandos: 2.2*0.91*0.95*0.75*0.75*0.8 = 0.85 Seconds/Hit. Combo throw is 1.5 seconds so 1.76 hits lost per combo-thow cast.
Kibensty: 1.4*0.91*0.95*0.75*0.75*0.8 = 0.54 Seconds/Hit. Combo throw is 1.5 seconds so 2.75 hits lost per combo-thow cast.
~4.5 hits in the time for 1 combo throw.

the difference might be not significant, though i post so that analysis is performed in the correct way

also in the above analysis u may want to add soldiers' attack and/or fire training, providing an extra 0.9 factor each in the multiplications

[Edit] added the issue on raid runes on both weapons. no need to update the calculations

Saturday, December 14th 2013, 9:45am

Unless things have changed since I left the game, and/or you have some sort of modifier forcing 2 diyce outputs per 1 input, having Charged Chop inside your actual script isn't optimal.

You want to have Charged Chop called at the same time as your DIYCE, since CC incurs no GCD and normal attacks (which diyce would be outputting) do. Having CC in your actual diyce results in a 1-1 output. You want 2-1.

/cast Charged Chop
/run DIYCE (or whatever the code to call it is nowadays. Ive worked with different variations which call on the lua differently)

1 input, 2 outputs.

Ofc, this also brings up the problem of potws every refresh, since CC will prevent it from being used. Youll need an extra macro or 2, or a line with a key modifier to destinguish when to cc and when not to. Perhaps a Shift/alt/ctrl one.

Above conclusion is a result of 2+ hours worth of testing with Sadakko a few months back. Or im just talking out of my butt.

Ravesden, D/S/Wd 80/75/62
Retired. Click siggy for old RoM vids, among other things.

Sunday, December 15th 2013, 11:38am

Unless things have changed since I left the game, and/or you have some sort of modifier forcing 2 diyce outputs per 1 input, having Charged Chop inside your actual script isn't optimal.

You want to have Charged Chop called at the same time as your DIYCE, since CC incurs no GCD and normal attacks (which diyce would be outputting) do. Having CC in your actual diyce results in a 1-1 output. You want 2-1.

/cast Charged Chop
/run DIYCE (or whatever the code to call it is nowadays. Ive worked with different variations which call on the lua differently)

1 input, 2 outputs.

Ofc, this also brings up the problem of potws every refresh, since CC will prevent it from being used. Youll need an extra macro or 2, or a line with a key modifier to destinguish when to cc and when not to. Perhaps a Shift/alt/ctrl one.

Above conclusion is a result of 2+ hours worth of testing with Sadakko a few months back. Or im just talking out of my butt.

no, the author's script is proper.

- about CC: it doesnt trigger gcd, so having it at start of the priority list makes it activate, and enter a cooldown itself. at the next loop that is ran, CC is on gcd, while next skill is available and activates. so in practice u gain the 2-skills-per-sec u need.

- about PotWS: it is scripted to activate every 30 sec (10 secs buff + 20 secs wait timer), as needed. at that gcd u use PotWS instead of CC, and in the next 29 gcds it uses CC instead. since PotWS is higher priority than CC, it will always come first before CC/PotWS cd triggers

Sunday, December 15th 2013, 6:40pm

I think I might have also made some modifications to my dicye.lua file on how it handles CD lag. By default, dicye only hits a skill when its cd is 0-a, where a is some compensation value for lag. I changed that compensation value so charged chop would trigger more reliable at the cost of my potws timer occasionally screwing up.

PS: my instant shadow dicye is probably the most annoying thing ive ever created formyself. It triggers hide when you dodge, and immidately comes back out of hide from bleeds, or vsting, or projectiles, or eyes. So basically, in sw, it triggers at random and an eye pops me back out of hide, stunned, and then i get owned. Dont use that.
EOJs Mems and Shells

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Darwec" (Dec 15th 2013, 6:45pm)

Thursday, December 19th 2013, 6:42pm

/cast Charged Chop

1 input, 2 outputs.

- about CC: it doesnt trigger gcd, so having it at start of the priority list makes it activate, and enter a cooldown itself. at the next loop that is ran, CC is on gcd, while next skill is available and activates. so in practice u gain the 2-skills-per-sec u need.

- about PotWS: it is scripted to activate every 30 sec (10 secs buff + 20 secs wait timer), as needed. at that gcd u use PotWS instead of CC, and in the next 29 gcds it uses CC instead. since PotWS is higher priority than CC, it will always come first before CC/PotWS cd triggers

Not sure I completely understand, because I've always thought it ran through the priority list, reached a fire-able skill, and ended there. It would then need a 2nd click to follow up and fire the next available skill. Is that wrong?

Unless you mean since you click fast enough, the difference is minimal/wouldnt matter. Just trying to understand because I got different results. Then again was with a heavily modified diyce 1.

Thursday, December 19th 2013, 7:16pm

/cast Charged Chop

1 input, 2 outputs.

Not sure I completely understand, because I've always thought it ran through the priority list, reached a fire-able skill, and ended there. It would then need a 2nd click to follow up and fire the next available skill. Is that wrong?

Unless you mean since you click fast enough, the difference is minimal/wouldnt matter. Just trying to understand because I got different results. Then again was with a heavily modified diyce 1.

yes, fast button pushing allows bypassing skills in the priority list that r on cd.

so, u click button once and CC is fired. if u hit again in less than 1sec (gcd), then CC is skipped since its on gcd and next skill is fired. so bssically u weave CC in between by pressing button approx twice per sec

Thursday, December 19th 2013, 7:58pm

Makes sense, and its what we tested essentially. We ran multiple 30s timed trials with and without CC in the actual script. His CC's went from ~15-18 to 24-28 with CC outside the script. CC was never actually 1-1 (30 CC's in 30s), which we just credited to input lag/latency.

Maybe the fault lies with the script, dunno.

But it would be nice if someone else tested this and saw if their results were similar. I usually recorded this stuff, but as I thought the findings were pretty big in terms of dps increase, we kept it low-key and within the guild. Dunno, we could be wrong, but still would like others to test as well.