You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, December 19th 2013, 10:00pm

Makes sense, and its what we tested essentially. We ran multiple 30s timed trials with and without CC in the actual script. His CC's went from ~15-18 to 24-28 with CC outside the script. CC was never actually 1-1 (30 CC's in 30s), which we just credited to input lag/latency.

Maybe the fault lies with the script, dunno.

But it would be nice if someone else tested this and saw if their results were similar. I usually recorded this stuff, but as I thought the findings were pretty big in terms of dps increase, we kept it low-key and within the guild. Dunno, we could be wrong, but still would like others to test as well.

Ill test it today, I just finished my last final.
Darwec R/wd/m :DThe Rogue Guide
EOJs Mems and Shells
The continuous cries for "oh, make things harder on people who don't spend real money" is driving this game into the dirt. This game isn't funded by pay to play players. Its funded by the people who go out and farm all your stats and hard mode gear for you to buy.

Cike

Rogue

Thursday, December 19th 2013, 10:14pm

I just finished my last final.
grats, imma be typing my butt off to finish my thesis paper lol
my r/p can outdps r/m. your name is stupid.

mages should stack dex. word.

Thursday, December 19th 2013, 10:42pm

Quick test of me beating on a warden:
In macro:
In Diyce:
Ok yeah im stopping now.
EOJs Mems and Shells
The continuous cries for "oh, make things harder on people who don't spend real money" is driving this game into the dirt. This game isn't funded by pay to play players. Its funded by the people who go out and farm all your stats and hard mode gear for you to buy.

Friday, December 20th 2013, 12:22am

So whats your conclusion.

Ravesden, D/S/Wd 80/75/62
Retired. Click siggy for old RoM vids, among other things.

Friday, December 20th 2013, 12:39am

So whats your conclusion.

My current diyce is not optimal in using charged chop. I'm sure you can fix it though so that it is. As it stands, your way is better, but Ill try to make some changes to it so that it optimizes for GCDless skills.
EOJs Mems and Shells

Saturday, December 21st 2013, 1:45pm

Raves is right.
I never used dyce but all my offencive skills were macro'd with cc and made a huge dps difference.
Everybody with 2 brain cells can come into the forums and make up a story within 10 minutes about how they got banned for nothing.
Everybody with 0 functional brain cells will jump on any good story and simply start bashing either us Mods, the Support or GF per se.

Saturday, December 21st 2013, 7:17pm

Raves is right.
I never used dyce but all my offencive skills were macro'd with cc and made a huge dps difference.

Im pretty sure all you have to do to optomize my dicye is comment out charged chop and add the line

Source code

CastSkillByName("Charged Chop");

after the line

Source code

MyCombat(Skill,arg1)

so in the end it should look like

Source code

function MyRogueWdn(arg1, arg2)
	local Skill = {}
    local i = 0
    local energy = UnitMana("player")
    local focus = UnitSkill("player")
    local friendly = (not UnitCanAttack("player", "target"))
    local combat = GetPlayerCombatState()
    local tspell,ttime,telapsed = UnitCastingTime("target")
    local pbuffs = BuffList("player")
    local tbuffs = BuffList("target")
	local melee
	if(string.find(arg2, "range"))then
		melee = GetActionUsable(3)
	else
		melee = true
	end
	local tclass = UnitClass("target");
	CreateDIYCETimer("SSBleed", 5) --Change the value between 6 -> 7.5 depending on your lag.
    CreateDIYCETimer("LBBleed", 5) --Change the value between 7 ->  8.5 depending on your lag.
	CreateDIYCETimer("WSG", 30) --Wood Spirit's Grasp
	i=i+1; Skill[i] = { name = "Hide", use = (GetZoneID() == 402) and ((not UnitCanAttack("player","target")) or UnitIsDeadOrGhost("target") == true or UnitIsDeadOrGhost("target") == nil) }
	i=i+1; Skill[i] = { name = "Premeditation", use = (string.find( arg2, "premed" ) and (not combat) and not pbuffs["Premeditation"]) }
	i=i+1; Skill[i] = { name = "Sneak Attack",   use = ((not friendly) and (energy >= 70) and string.find(arg2, "behind") and (not combat)) }
	i=i+1; Skill[i] = { name = "Power of the Wood Spirit",     use = not pbuffs["Wood Spirit's Graps"], timer = "WSG"}
	--i=i+1; Skill[i] = { name = "Charged Chop",           use = (not friendly) and focus > 500}
	i=i+1; Skill[i] = { name = "Wound Attack",   use = ((not friendly) and (energy >= 35) and (tbuffs["Sneak Attack Bleed"] or tbuffs["Bleed"] or tbuffs["Blind Spot Bleed"]) and tbuffs["Grievous Wound"]) }	
	i=i+1; Skill[i] = { name = "Blind Spot",     use = (((not tbuffs["Sneak Attack Bleed"]) and (not tbuffs["Bleed"]) and (not tbuffs["Blind Spot Bleed"])) and (not friendly) and (energy >= 70) and string.find(arg2, "behind")) }
	i=i+1; Skill[i] = { name = "Low Blow",       use =  (not tbuffs["Grievous Wound"]) and (energy >= 30) and (tbuffs["Sneak Attack Bleed"] or tbuffs["Bleed"] or tbuffs["Blind Spot Bleed"])  , timer = "LBBleed", ignoretimer = (not tbuffs["Grievous Wound"]) }
	i=i+1; Skill[i] = { name = "Shadowstab",     use = ( (not tbuffs["Bleed"]) and ((not tbuffs["Sneak Attack Bleed"]) ) and (not string.find(arg2, "behind")) and (not friendly) and (energy >= 70)), timer = "SSBleed" , ignoretimer = not tbuffs["Bleed"] or not tbuffs["Blind Spot Bleed"] or not tbuffs["Sneak Attack Bleed"]}
	i=i+1; Skill[i] = { name = "Throw",           use = (not friendly) }
	i=i+1; Skill[i] = { name = "Weak Point Strike",           use = (not friendly) and focus > 500 }
	--i=i+1; Skill[i] = { name = "Action: 34(Lion Claw Mark)", use = ((not friendly) and (energy >=20)) and not tbuffs["Claw Mark"]}
	--i=i+1; Skill[i] = { name = "Phantom Blade",           use = (not friendly) }
	i=i+1; Skill[i] = { name = "Combo Throw",           use = (not friendly) }
	--i=i+1; Skill[i] = { name = "Bloodthirsty Blade",           use = (not friendly) }

--i=i+1; Skill[i] = { name = "Attack",         use = (not friendly)}
		MyCombat(Skill,arg1)
		CastSkillByName("Charged Chop")
end

Edit: I straight up dident test this so im not sure yet, but something along these lines would basically fix the issue.
Edit2: ok finally tested it and it totally doesnt work. Ill do some playing with it today
EOJs Mems and Shells

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Darwec" (Dec 27th 2013, 7:28pm)

Sunday, December 22nd 2013, 3:32am

this is a common issue in diyce for non-gcd skills.

- a non-gcd skill should not trigger gcd
- a non-gcd skill should not be affected by gcd skills

the issue with diyce is that it tests if the current skill is usable.
this means that when u hit CC only CC is on gcd and so diyce proceeds to next skill.
but..
when u hit next skill, then gcd is triggered and CC is "greyed". thus diyce does not trigger CC at that time and waits for whole gcd (as invoked by the gcd-skill used)

so its like:
CC - (lag) - Skill - (gcd) - CC - (lag) - Skill - (gcd) etc
[gcd = 1]

the optimal way is:
CC - (lag) - Skill - (delay) - CC - (lag) - Skill - (delay) etc
[delay = 1-lag]

so, ideally there should be 1 sec interval between each CC and 1 secs interval between each gcd skill. but with diyce its like an interval of (gcd + lag) between each CC or each gcd skill. in my case was about lag = 0.3-0.5.

i use a modified version of diyce 1.4 where have added extra stuff inside. i achieve about 25 CC and 22 gcd skills in 30s interval, but not via pure diyce, since i dont use its core for firing skills.

Sunday, December 22nd 2013, 7:07am

R/M off-hand dagger faster speed is better than more physical damage?

example:

Transformed Sandos' Claw with PDMG 3012, attack speed 2.2 & DPS 1362.9 (more physical damage)

or

Kibensty's Blade of Constraint with PDMG 307, attack speed 1.4 & DPS 217.7 (faster)

Sunday, December 22nd 2013, 7:46am

R/M off-hand dagger faster speed is better than more physical damage?

example:

Transformed Sandos' Claw with PDMG 3012, attack speed 2.2 & DPS 1362.9 (more physical damage)

or

Kibensty's Blade of Constraint with PDMG 307, attack speed 1.4 & DPS 217.7 (faster)

Testing required for that as well. Logic would say yes, but it depends on lag and other factors. Your best bet is to use a barrier dagger. Almost as much PA as a sandos claw, 1.8 attack speed.
EOJs Mems and Shells

Monday, December 23rd 2013, 11:08am

EU R/M guide seems to suggest Kibensty's for off-hand. Considering the handicap for regular off-hand dmg and the fact that ET dmg is based on main-hand dps it seems to totally make sense.

Testing required for that as well. Logic would say yes, but it depends on lag and other factors.
I haven't tested this properly myself. But in the next post in the above thread Xard3r says that almost all R/M's at Apocalypse guild (a well known EU guild) use Kibensty's. Also Kibensty's is the reference off-hand dagger when they are discussing in this thread whether there is a point in combo-throwing once you are close to the boss or is it better to simply white-hit and rely on ET.

If anyone did any conclusive tests - please share. But just judging based on the number of times Kibensty's pops up in various R/M threads it seems to be the dagger chosen by many (most?) R/Ms.
>>>> >>>> >>>>
>>>>
>>>> Please, bring back (bound if there is no other option) dias to AH! :thumbsup:
>>>> If you do this we will all love you forever. ;)
>>>>
>>>> >>>> >>>>

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Uure" (Jan 3rd 2014, 6:12pm) with the following reason: was: "ET dmg is based on main-page dps" lol

Sunday, January 5th 2014, 2:18am

Throw in same macro as DIYCE

I also did some tests with the suggestion having the Throw inside the macro as I trigger DIYCE with.
It ends up being slower because everytime you press the macro it checks for Throw and then moves down to DIYCE macro, and if you spam the macro you are checking more for the Throw where you lose alot of time and it barely moves down to the DIYCE macro.

I used the macro below to test:
/cast Throw
/run DIYCE

Is this way confirmed being better in the burst phases because I did not test this in high-level instances.
-B

Sunday, January 5th 2014, 5:43am

Sorry ive been taking a rom break again.

Yes, what you all are saying is correct. Ill try to update the dicye later.
There are a couple of reasons why i avoided doing things like that, For example, it breaks sneak attack in PVP.

But yes, for optimal dps, do it that way.
EOJs Mems and Shells

Friday, January 10th 2014, 3:28pm

This dps increase trick courtesy of #RavesdenGaming

Ravesden, D/S/Wd 80/75/62
Retired. Click siggy for old RoM vids, among other things.

Wednesday, February 5th 2014, 9:26pm

For R/M
After some testing, I found that only the following skills do more than ET+White damage (thus the only ones that are benifical to use in a boss burn?)

Low blow
Wound attack
Blind spot.

Shadow stab applies bleed, but blind spot is still there. Also, sahdow stab does more damage than ET+Offhand whtie damage.

Yes, no?
EOJs Mems and Shells

Sunday, March 9th 2014, 11:04am

UPDATED DUE TO CHANGES IN ITEMSHOP ROTATION
so its now totally possible to get better runes than what i listed as much greater ease.

they've started selling better runes in the IS
If possible, aim for the following set up
  • revo
  • madness
  • assassin
  • enchantment or aggression or tyrant

Other things to note: still totally have not fixed the r/wd dicye issue. I should probably do that one day. Its a pretty trivial issue that can be handled inside dicye, but im super lazy and just added a line to my macro instead and it works just as well, it just doesnt look as pretty.
EOJs Mems and Shells

Monday, March 10th 2014, 2:03pm

Interesting pick of runes. I personally use:
Revo
Aggre
Assassin
Tyrant

Revo and Assassin are without any doubts. I prefer tyrants cos of the great stamina boost. Aggression X is comparable to Madness IX while aggression is much cheaper, at least on my server.
half retired until gameforge fix server lag.

Monday, March 10th 2014, 5:57pm

im fairly certain revoe/aggr/assassin/madness is the set up that gives the most PA while sacrificing all stam, which is kind of what im shooting for.
EOJs Mems and Shells

Monday, March 10th 2014, 7:54pm

im fairly certain revoe/aggr/assassin/madness is the set up that gives the most PA while sacrificing all stam, which is kind of what im shooting for.

a dead dps is useless
99/99/99/99/99/99 W/WD/S/D/R/M

Monday, March 10th 2014, 8:03pm

Yes, for max. patt out of runes your setup is better. But is it better for max. potential of the runes? By using tyrant instead of madness I would loose some patt from runes, but I can change some stam/patt for str/patt while keep the same hp. Which seems like better deal to me, unless you plan to go full patt with no stam stats at all :).
half retired until gameforge fix server lag.