You are not logged in.

Saturday, July 26th 2014, 2:39am

Gear is all +16 tier 7, with a tier 8 +18 upper. Runes are advance x, madness/sage/destruction 8

I would post a screen unbuffed but due to certain reasons this has to wait 5 days xD
99/99/99/99/99/99 W/WD/S/D/R/M

docdesertor

Beginner

Saturday, July 26th 2014, 8:47pm

I would post a screen unbuffed but due to certain reasons this has to wait 5 days xD
Cenre trolling in us forums? XD

Come and see my new mith set :P !!!!

Gutterboy

Intermediate

• "Gutterboy" started this thread

Monday, August 4th 2014, 6:25pm

Updated. Added a small gearing section mainly about the differences between W/M and Mage gearing.

I also would like to see some discussion on the use of the Aoth set for W/M and also some more discussion on Statting. I personally go 5/1 or 4/2 but I would like to hear more opinions on the subject if possible.
Mongosmash - Once upon a time I played this game.

Mongo's W/M Guide

VeniVidiVici

Monday, August 4th 2014, 11:46pm

would always go for aoth set, especially since crit resist in new instance is just lol... mage crit seems to be really random anyway. personally 4/2 statting is what i use but recently been statting a few items 5/1, anymore stamina is a waste imo.

Gutterboy

Intermediate

Monday, November 10th 2014, 11:38pm

Updated the guide in a few spots, also shameless self bump for my guide :D

Another thing to note, I plan on rolling back to Warden so I don't know that this guide will get much more attention from me in the future as far as adding to it. If anyone feels like adding to it or changing things just leave a comment and I will always read it over and if it applies i will put it in the guide and quote the author. This is here to help anyone who wants to play this great class :)

Mongo's W/M Guide

VeniVidiVici

Tuesday, November 11th 2014, 12:34am

I plan on rolling back to Warden

SHUN THE CONVERTER. MAGE PRIMARY OR DIE

In all seriousness, I know u were warrior/mage but it still feels like a mage to me lol. I keep seeing more and more M/x people converting to other classes..be it warden or priest or knight or whatever
Xaldyn

100 Mage / 100 Warrior

Aeterna Aggropit

Nobody wants the kind of 'kiss up' that I can clearly see you detest

Gutterboy

Intermediate

Tuesday, November 11th 2014, 12:53am

I plan on rolling back to Warden

SHUN THE CONVERTER. MAGE PRIMARY OR DIE

In all seriousness, I know u were warrior/mage but it still feels like a mage to me lol. I keep seeing more and more M/x people converting to other classes..be it warden or priest or knight or whatever

Well in all fairness.. I started the character out as a Warrior/Warden and I played the Warden combos for easily a year or so. Also my name is Mongosmash.. Can't really smash things with magical attacks.. All I'm doing is rolling back to the combo I started the character on, it will be more of a homecoming than a conversion..

Also, I was a real mage, I played Mage/Warden before I played W/M and I play M/S at the moment more than I play W/M so I was both. Also it's worth noting I played Chapter 1 and part of 2 as a Mage/Priest :D OP combo back then.

Mongo's W/M Guide

VeniVidiVici

Monday, April 6th 2015, 9:36am

A Very good Guide indeed. But i saw many guides about w/m and all of them missed 1 buff which is very much important for sustained dps. It's called FRENZY POTION. You get it from mems near DOD . IT adds to 15% extra attack speed after strong stimulant is over. So once you've are in a boss fight and strong stimulant wears off , you pop that buff for extra speed and do sustained dps. It doesn't share cd with any major pots as far as i know. :sniper:

Kindly do not post in Red, Orange, Blue, or Green. These colors are reserved for the use of the Forum Staff.

Dps low? Oh that was lag :D

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kalvan" (Apr 6th 2015, 7:54pm)

Rougetopriest

Professional

Mood: Squint

Tuesday, April 7th 2015, 2:28am

It shares a cooldown with the magical critical rate potion. And since MOST bosses are 20 second burns, it's usually more worth it to get an extra 650 mcrit then save the frenzy potion just in case a burn doesn't happen well. However on bosses like CoE 5th, then yes frenzy may be worth using instead of a crit potion. Personal preference in that scenario I guess. :)
Siege War Videos :)

Semi-Retired

~Zen

Tuesday, April 7th 2015, 3:20am

It shares a cooldown with the magical critical rate potion. And since MOST bosses are 20 second burns, it's usually more worth it to get an extra 650 mcrit then save the frenzy potion just in case a burn doesn't happen well. However on bosses like CoE 5th, then yes frenzy may be worth using instead of a crit potion. Personal preference in that scenario I guess. :)
see... I had ALWAYS thought that as well - but I checked last night and the frenzy pot + lvl 60 magic crit pot DO NOT share the same cool down like it does for physical with frenzy + pcrit pot.
So i guess that is viable for when you aren't doing a 20 second burn and one other way magical dps get it better buff wise over physical :cool:

Tuesday, April 7th 2015, 3:25am

yup they dont share CD, really nice for HoE last boss when its not a burn.

Rougetopriest

Professional

Mood: Squint

Tuesday, April 7th 2015, 9:15am

Nice to know :) finally something to spend mems on!!! Thank you. :)
Siege War Videos :)

Semi-Retired

~Zen

Tuesday, April 7th 2015, 9:18am

But i've shifted to m/w though , got massively outdmged by other peeps in party in Hoe b1-b3
Dps low? Oh that was lag :D