You are not logged in.

Grumpdaddy

Intermediate

• "Grumpdaddy" started this thread

Monday, July 31st 2017, 11:50pm

Restoration of old recipes to game

Conversation came up in the discussions elsewhere in the forum this week, about the Kibensty's blade of constraint recipe. This also led to the mention of Serenstrum. I am going to quote Zidlef here-

"Those items as a set apparently were too powerful to be left in game and were removed."

Not sure how he knows that, probably just guessing. The conversation in general has been brought up before and it warrants some consideration. The recipes already exist. The code for them is already written (not sure about that 3rd piece for the Kibensty's set- I have never seen it) How much work would it be to stick it into a level 50 location, like maybe Treasure Trove, along with the other level 50 orange gear? Or in Goblin Mines, but only if run at a certain level, the way the blue gear from there is done?

I haven't looked lately, but the wiki used to state that crafted gear is better than instance gear, and for a while that was true. I am posting it in suggestions because we can't get action from Runewaker unless someone asks GameForge to poke them a little. :stick:
Grumpdaddy-100/100/75 r/w/s Erebos
Grumpmama 100/100 m/r
Littlegrump 100/100/50 k/p/m
Grumptwo 100/100 r/k
Sneezzy 99/99 m/wl

Heron

Game Administrator

Wednesday, August 2nd 2017, 4:42am

For what it's worth, I don't see an existing recipe for Kibensty's Oath Necklace, the third piece of that set.

As for Zid "knowing" things about why they were removed .... don't worry, he doesn't.

If you can think of any other recipes in this situation go ahead and note them. Thus far we have the wing of the dragon king, wing of the dark dragon, serenstum, and the potions that give +20% dex/int/etc that don't stack with hero potion.

Wednesday, August 2nd 2017, 12:21pm

How about the legendary crafting recipes?

For herbalism:
Such as the Pure recipes? Like http://www.rom-welten.de/database/?r=1713

Mining:
The tempered ones? http://www.rom-welten.de/database/search.php?input=Tempered
There is also arcane: http://www.rom-welten.de/database/search.php?input=Arcane

For woodcutting:
all the Refined x recipes and the Exquisite x recipes
Quicklink to the database: http://www.rom-welten.de/database/search.php?input=Refined
http://www.rom-welten.de/database/search.php?input=Exquisite

If these would be added, it would give the game surely a new something to explore. Crafting would be made much more fun, as other recipes which needs these high level refining could be added as well.

It's something I miss for atleast as long as this game is up and running. I don't understand why they have not added these, for as long as the game exists. What holds them back?

Wednesday, August 2nd 2017, 8:06pm

eggrice dumpling and Hot stew.
idk if those ever had recipes or they were just handed out. but I'm mentioning just in case.
Krayden
Co-leader of Serenity
Server Mithras
Krayden - K/W/S
Godussop - S/Wd/R/M
Zathal- D/W/S/Wd

I do a lot of my forum stuff from my phone, so forgive any typos please :3

Heron

Game Administrator

Thursday, August 3rd 2017, 5:58am

When I ask about recipes in "this situation" I mean ones that used to be available in game, but aren't now. That's exactly the title of the thread. Kibensty's items and Serenstum are in that category. Refining recipes past purple were never implemented (and super pricey in terms of materials needed, please don't tempt RW :thumbdown: ), and hot stew doesn't even have a recipe. None of the "GM food" items do (blue foods and potions), that's part of why we use them as rewards.

Please don't dilute this suggestion with tangents.

Grumpdaddy

Intermediate

Thursday, August 3rd 2017, 10:32pm

Thanks, Heron for looking into it. As for Kibensty's Oath Necklace, I suspect you are right about it never being around. If you could sharpen your "poking stick" a little, :stick: can you find out why they would have created an item set with a set buff, but never actually put the third item in there? It would be great if they wrote a recipe and added it to the game, ASSUMING (I know that's a dangerous word) we can get RW to even return them.
Grumpmama 100/100 m/r
Grumptwo 100/100 r/k
Sneezzy 99/99 m/wl

Thursday, August 3rd 2017, 10:38pm

Easiest way to reimplement these recipes would honestly just be on a trade event sometime, require some cooking item to the level of sere maybe, so that people with high enough cooking could recieve the recipe, and same with the dagger. Asking runewaker to create a recipe for a necklace that is years old is unlikely to happen, but at least such a trade npc could be feasibly done by gameforge and the gm team.
99/99/99/99/99/99 W/WD/S/D/R/M

Grumpdaddy

Intermediate

Monday, August 28th 2017, 10:59pm

missing recipes

I know it's been almost a month, but I am just now remembering there is also a level 50 Tador set with strength and patk set buffs and Aguar's set with strength and damage buffs. All three recipes for each set were available. I think all these missing recipes were from Goblin mines when it was always level 50, and the mob drops were all removed during the redesign of the instance. I don't recall seeing mage or healer set.
Grumpmama 100/100 m/r
Grumptwo 100/100 r/k
Sneezzy 99/99 m/wl