You are not logged in.

Applications: [GameMaster: OPEN] | [Volunteer Testers: OPEN]

/!\ We are moving to a new board. Come join us. This board will go into read-only mode on 20.06. /!\

LadyGlenda

Cowardly Mage/Priest

• "LadyGlenda" started this thread

Mood: Mellow

Sunday, May 6th 2018, 7:33am

Why not still accumlate XP when maxed out?

When you reach the current level max, how about you still can earn and keep all the XP you manage to get?

It would show up as XP gained etc, but would only readjust when future levels increase.

If you currently are 100 you notice that your XP bar stops at whatever XP took you over the 100 and freezes there. Why not let the XP accumulate and when they do raise the levels, it would all go towards the new level caps.

If the current projected level for 101, is 110 million, and you reach it, you would not gain anything at that point, but you will when the caps increase.

You may gain 1/2 a new level or several levels. You can still do quests etc, while noting the XP is increasing and not being wasted. Of course all TP would still be as it currently is.

Hope this all makes sense. I am not the best explaining things.

Auros

Professional

Mood: Mellow

Monday, May 7th 2018, 4:22pm

you do earn experience while gather materials, you can get your XP bar all the way to next level but it won't go past...well I assume it doesn't. Of course, that is a lot of gathering but I know some that do it.
Govinda P/W/K/M 100x4 :pump:
Wl/R/M/Ch 100x4 :borg:
Wd/W/S 100/100/100
W/M 100/100 Glass Cannon: oh gawd, not again :pinch: ... and numerous others Semi-retired :pillepalle:

Tuesday, May 8th 2018, 12:49am

Honestly dont really think this is needed, given levelcaps are increasing only by one level, you can hit cap in about an hour easily anyway
99/99/99/99/99/99 W/WD/S/D/R/M

Grumpdaddy

Intermediate

Monday, May 28th 2018, 7:11pm

I am answering a little late because I just thought of another really GREAT reason why it is better to not gain xp after the level cap. Like most games, RoM has a TP deficit. You gain levels faster than you can use the corresponding TP gained to keep your skills up. Once you hit level cap, you will still be able to build TP through quests, dailies, instance runs, and grinding. I have almost capped all of the rogue skills that I use regularly on my R/M. There are a few skills I don't have capped and a couple I haven't invested even 1skill point into. Every day I get a little closer.
Grumpdaddy-100/100/75 r/w/s Erebos
Grumpmama 100/100 m/r
Littlegrump 100/100/50 k/p/m
Grumptwo 100/100 r/k
Sneezzy 100/100 m/wl

Djed

Intermediate

Sunday, June 17th 2018, 6:12pm

At level cap it would be better if you could gain xp until it reaches the end of the bar, and then instead of going to the next level you get a reward item (similar to another mmorpg). The bar would reset and accumulate xp again and again until the level cap is raised. It'd be another way to reward those who continue to run quests and content.
Play like you mean it and die like a noob!
Go right or get left!

2 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

2 guests