You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ancientgear

Intermediate

Mood: Love

Wednesday, April 20th 2016, 2:07pm

What was wrong with the old ones was that if GF wanted to change something say the price of items in the IS they had make RW do it or have the decision go through RW. But now that they changed it, GF can directly do the price changes them self. But the (insert arbitrary swear word beginning with F) ing (insert arbitrary swear word beginning with F) tard who was in charge of this decided that the old IS was completely useless and needed to done from scratch. Instead of just taking the old IS, keeping everything the same and just turn it into a web based IS. LMFAO the fact that they delayed the release date of this new IS so many times only to release this junk seriously makes me worried about the future of humanity.

<Removed>

~Aqualink
-Failed attempt of trying to put a picture in here cause I don't know how to-

ROM's one and only pure stam/pdef stated tank

REACHED 13.57M PDEF ON 29/09/2016, NO SIGIL, HAIDON, ZODIAC OR RELATIONSHIP BUFF.

Retired until mages are buffed or melee's are nerfed

Wednesday, April 20th 2016, 2:53pm

It's definitely sluggish & I think a large part of that is probably the server connection on GameForge's end.

ie, the people testing were probably in-house, so they had gigabit connections to the web server that handles the Item Shoppe.

Now we know that GameForge needs a better ISP or to create replication servers in other regions like the US. Basically, the IS replication server would replicate READ ONLY data from the main GF ( probably in Germany ) IS server's database. The US client would pull the web page from the US Item Shoppe web server to display the information. All purchases would still be sent to the main IS server in Germany.

It would solve a perception problem: the IS is slow.

I did check out the Wheel yesterday & didn't see any mats in the lists, so it might not be too bad now.

Let's keep on giving them feedback because I do like having a team that's not dependent on RW to make sales. :)

Wednesday, April 20th 2016, 3:51pm

Erm what? The itemshop was always in gameforge control, never runewaker. Runewaker only develop the game, the itemshop is just simply another database in the server that gameforge could control.
99/99/99/99/99/99 W/WD/S/D/R/M

Wednesday, April 20th 2016, 3:52pm

There was literally nothing wrong with the old cash shop at all, this one reeks of sluggish response times, errors, and was an unnecessary update to say the least, nothing about this was an upgrade more so than it was a degrade JUST LIKE PLUSSERS (had to).

The old cash shop did what it needed to, it fit in the game, and worked well. This one looks like any other F2P mmorpg that decided to just hire a student and call it a day for it. The old was better and why attempt to not only break something that wasn't broken but make things worse than before?
100% moo :borg:

browsing the forums more than playing the game :dead:

Cike

Rogue

• "Cike" started this thread

Wednesday, April 20th 2016, 3:57pm

102%... nice.

Rounding error?

user error. for the first couple minutes i accidentally set it to pick 2 instead of pick 1, so the first people could have had the ability vote for 2 categories at a time.

edit: just looked at the numbers themselves, and it does appear to be a rounding error. simply need to cut numbers off somewhere.
my r/p can outdps r/m. your name is stupid.

mages should stack dex. word.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Cike" (Apr 20th 2016, 7:00pm)

Auros

Professional

Mood: Mellow

Wednesday, April 20th 2016, 4:24pm

The choice I was looking for in the poll but did not find was the one to give it some time. Really, people don't like change, and this is "different". I like that people are giving constructive criticism and making recommendations to "improve" the new item shop. I think most of us need time to get used to the new interface before just trashing it.

On the wheel. You are going to upset a lot of people with your "You could win this" list of possible prizes without mentioning that that is not the complete list. I understand why you may not want to list the low level materials that you will "probably" win, but you should at least mention the possibility.
Govinda P/W/K/M 100x4 :pump:
Wl/R/M/Ch 100x4 :borg:
Wd/W/S 100/100/100
W/M 100/100 Glass Cannon: oh gawd, not again :pinch: ... and numerous others Semi-retired :pillepalle:

Aqualink

Team Manager

Mood: Mellow

Wednesday, April 20th 2016, 7:41pm

I would like people to keep negative discussions and attacks towards Gameforge, Runewaker, the GM's out of this thread. It will not e tolerated and personal attacks towards the GM's and workers in general at or with Gameforge will be met with steep penalty. there are ways to get your point across without attacking people.

We of course welcome opinions about the item shop redesign and the Community Managers and Game Administrators are keeping a close eye on this thread, but attacking people for whatever issues you see with the item shop will not be tolerated.

thanks.

Support this way ; RoM Terms of Service ; RoM Forum Rules
Runes of Magic US Team Manager
Thanks to burd for prettiful avatar <3

Wednesday, April 20th 2016, 10:14pm

Well... at least it makes me stop buying diamonds....

Regardless, New Item Shop is [Garbage].
Also thanks Cike for making the poll <3
Blàsian Mithras - 95R/95Wd/95S/80M/70W/70D

I love Tartax! :love:

aardvark3

Professional

Wednesday, April 20th 2016, 10:27pm

There was not a major problem with the old shop. The problem was not with the shop and how it worked but with the items or lack of items in the shop and their prices. The current changes appear to be totally cosmetic. Combining rubies with diamonds is confusing. Is it different yes; is it better probably not it appears to be about the same. The time and money spent on changing the shop would have been far better spent solving the problems with the lack of vital items in the shop and addressing the cost issues.
Why were Phirus tokens taken out and may at some time in the future be reintroduced via a NPC? How is this an improvement?
At least on the old wheel you could see all the items at all times and have a good idea of your chances of winning and what you would be stuck with when you lost.
Long ago there was a thread about items in the cash shop and the cash shop It was started by Gameforge. Nothing in that thread ever said that a new interface and reorganization being needed or there was a problem with the shop as it was currently functioning. The people in the forums and that thread were quite vocal and if there was a problem with the interface or how the shop was organized it would have been brought up. There was however comment after comment about what items were needed and the pricing problems. Yet somehow we ended up with the the shop being reorganized and a new interface but none of the items requested. This is probably why some people are making inappropriate comments.

Thursday, April 21st 2016, 1:09am

combining rubies with dias only makes sense when the categories are properly defined, of example if someone is working on upgrading armor, they can access all the armor jewels from the same page including the perfects for rubies as needed... but of course they messed up the categories section of IS....

Thursday, April 21st 2016, 1:39pm

Making IS webrowser based is a nice job.The old was so laggy.With the new IS i can open shop immediately.(Using 120 mbps net).Btw small icons on the large frame is makes people to focus on item so its perfect.

Countduke

Demonlord

Mood: Evil

Thursday, April 21st 2016, 3:33pm

My satisfaction to the "2.0 IS" is kinda terrible. There was nothing wrong with the old except the fact it was lacking of items that the PLAYERS accully need. If GF/RW could make it to were there more items and less laggy, then ill give it a shot

ING: Countduke
Guild: Crush
Classes/lvls: S/P/R 100/47/48
Server: Aeterna (The best place to be)
I'm the Demonlord i will brain wash you so that you can do my every whim :missilelauncher:
:borg:

Thursday, April 21st 2016, 5:05pm

"Improved Item Shop"

I am disappointed with the "New Item Shop". I do not find it to be user-friendly. I understand the changes were made with the best of intentions. For me , it fell short.

Thursday, April 21st 2016, 5:40pm

New Item shop

I don't understand what is the point to fixing things that are not broke when there are so many other things that need to be fixed.

Mood: Smile

Thursday, April 21st 2016, 8:31pm

Everyone seems to have touched on the issues i see as well, but i had to make my opinion known anyway, I wont shop the item shop until the secondary password is required again, the chance to accidentally spend your diamonds because of a missclic is HUGE.. I'm not worried about hacking k I'm worried about clicking on an item to SEE it better or just select it, or search for the dang gift button, and suddenly I bought a half a dozen things. I DID NOT NEED OR WANT and unfortunately i was trying to buy something to GIFT! very maddening. YES i know we are responsible for our own actions and should be more careful and bla bla bla.. I am not looking for replacement of diamonds, I just think help with this matter would be a good thing .- I am sure things will be sorted out , just be careful peeps with your quick fingers =) .
~JEANNEBELLA ~Guardian of Guild Eternal on Aeterna ~

[100R-100M-98S-70K
May Love stick to your face like Vaseline and May Laughter Assault your Lips

ancientgear

Intermediate

Saturday, April 23rd 2016, 1:57pm

Lol after like 2 days of mild protesting the forums are all dead again. Guess players are gone let GF get away with this bs as well, like many before.

REACHED 13.57M PDEF ON 29/09/2016, NO SIGIL, HAIDON, ZODIAC OR RELATIONSHIP BUFF.

Saturday, April 23rd 2016, 2:13pm

Well they fix some of the lag issue, the wheel got improved and now awaiting a bit more for the wheel

K/P/S/M/W 98/98/98/98/98
Disturbed guild leader on mithras :thumbsup:
BTW i do live under a bridge, i am Green, i can dish it out as good as i get
There are no better server than Reni, best place to be!!!!!

ancientgear

Intermediate

Saturday, April 23rd 2016, 2:28pm

I'm sure many will agree with me, but the wheel will be improved when it goes back to how it was. I'm sure people will spin the wheel again if they put it back to how it was then replace the +20 jewels with perfects and puts the +20 jewels in IS for like um idk 200 dias each.

Saturday, April 23rd 2016, 4:33pm

changes of the new item shop i would like to see:
1. possibility to link stuff in game
2. possibility to preview the items
3. possibility to send multiples/make it work with addons
4. make it faster
Tankyhealy P/K 98/98
Soppy W98/WD98/S98/D98/R98/M98
vids and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFh1qLzUKyyZHadIxExA_kw
Borella should loot every boss

Saturday, April 23rd 2016, 9:39pm

You can send multiples i believe by selecting it on the first page and then clicking the send to player option, at least i recieved 20 and 10 items earlier from my seller.

Agreed on the rest though.
99/99/99/99/99/99 W/WD/S/D/R/M