You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, May 5th 2016, 4:09am

Revised Wheel of Destiny Response

Here is my opinion.
The fact that there is still a Wheel of Destiny means the game management has failed (me- my opinion only)
I don't like gambling, never have. not in a game. not in real life. I can deal with randomness of stat rolls or boss drops. but not when its for my hard earned dollars.

I will never buy diamonds to throw them away on useless b/s. because I want 1 unobtainable item.
The whole +20 weapon jewel senario has me browsing for a new game. :monster:

Mood: Love

Thursday, May 5th 2016, 6:12am

Well when people can realize that +20 jewels are not necessary in game to run stuff and that they are mainly a vanity item. Yes it will let you plus higher, kill a little faster blabla but if you can't even run the hardmode instance from level 65 and up to start with, you won't see the difference anyways. Having +20 on all your gear doesn't make you better, only learning to play will do that.

I love the 1 hour increase for the wheel, tyvm GM's to passing along our request for it, you are doing a amazing job.

K/P/S/M/W 98/98/98/98/98
Disturbed guild leader on mithras :thumbsup:
BTW i do live under a bridge, i am Green, i can dish it out as good as i get
There are no better server than Reni, best place to be!!!!!

Thursday, May 5th 2016, 8:55am

Well when people can realize that +20 jewels are not necessary in game to run stuff and that they are mainly a vanity item. Yes it will let you plus higher, kill a little faster blabla but if you can't even run the hardmode instance from level 65 and up to start with, you won't see the difference anyways. Having +20 on all your gear doesn't make you better, only learning to play will do that.
+20 jewels are not necessary in game to run stuff. I Agree.

However If you are looking to run the higher hard mode instances (& didn't re-roll a FOTM class combo). Then you need to do as much as you can to make your character viable (esp as a dps class) or you simply do not get an invite to run the latest instances. No one wants to run with a group that is certain to fail. Bring along a few ppl to BP hm that cant quite cut it & you will need a few that can carry hard.

+20 weapon vanity, yes I can agree with that to. But only for vanity - no way. +20 weapon is a very noticeable upgrade.
+20 armor vanity yes
+20 rings/neck vanity. yes but still desirable

btw I did learn to play (many years ago) have completed most higher content.

But if your just interested running the old content (or easy mode) then agreed. +20 absolutely not needed for that.

Thursday, May 5th 2016, 9:11am

Quoted

Quoted from "zidlef"

I would have to disagree, +20 jewels are required to clear endgame content, getting your rings, necklace and weapon from +16 to +20 is something like 60% dps increase. You could have a bag stat only gear with t7 runes and no plussing on anything exept those 4 items and you will outdps someone with perfect stats t9 runes and +16 all around. that's how big of a deal it is. Yes you do not need them to run stuff you can always do grotto and down with +16, but if you want to run endgame content it is required. Some bosses are not really killable unless you burn them and even the bosses you can strat still require a decent burn (ex: bp 3rd).
Tankyhealy P/K 98/98
Soppy W98/WD98/S98/D98/R98/M98
vids and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFh1qLzUKyyZHadIxExA_kw
Borella should loot every boss

Thursday, May 5th 2016, 9:47am

+20 jewels are just as necessary as +16 jewels and +12 jewels.
Borella - 100 W/M/S/R/P/K
VVV
If you play P/K in instances you're garbage

ancientgear

Intermediate

Thursday, May 5th 2016, 10:05am

Well when people can realize that +20 jewels are not necessary in game to run stuff and that they are mainly a vanity item.
LMFAO, clearly you haven't tried to dps anything that's even remotely considered end game.
-Failed attempt of trying to put a picture in here cause I don't know how to-

ROM's one and only pure stam/pdef stated tank

REACHED 13.57M PDEF ON 29/09/2016, NO SIGIL, HAIDON, ZODIAC OR RELATIONSHIP BUFF.

Retired until mages are buffed or melee's are nerfed

Thursday, May 5th 2016, 3:07pm

Endgamers might need them but 95% of the servers don't unless they are running with them because it is a requirement to do so. Instead of asking/demanding them on IS and they QQ about the cost of the game etc, here's an idea : What about getting Gameforge to lower the bosses PDEF/MDEF/Crit resistance on them? At least people with +16 gear could run it and lower the costs of the game.

I agree with you Soppy and i see your point about what you are saying for accessories.

K/P/S/M/W 98/98/98/98/98
Disturbed guild leader on mithras :thumbsup:
BTW i do live under a bridge, i am Green, i can dish it out as good as i get
There are no better server than Reni, best place to be!!!!!

aardvark3

Professional

Thursday, May 5th 2016, 3:29pm

Gameforge is in the business to make a profit!!! Not provide a good game for everyone. Currently they believe that if they make the bosses a little less difficult to kill no one will buy the very very expensive plus 20 gems etc. and cut into their profits. The price point of items and their necessity is set by a very few endgame whales who spend enough real world cash to keep the game up and running. They spend thousands. They will pay any price to be the best and kill the hardest bosses, if the bosses were a little less difficult to kill and more people could kill them the whales who pay to keep the game running couldn't be the elite few able to kill them they would quit. The rule has always been you make 95% of your profits on 5% of your customers. So you set your game to their standards and only worry about keeping them happy the other 95% will not be sufficient to support the game.

Thursday, May 5th 2016, 3:39pm

If their business model is to keep the endgamers happy they're doing a terrible job. The endgame population has been dwindling for years they're hemorrhaging endgamers. I don't think any endgame has ever had the thought that "Thank god I have to t8 my gear and +20 everything and t12 my weapon! I would hate this game if I could get by without spending thousands!"
Borella - 100 W/M/S/R/P/K
VVV
If you play P/K in instances you're garbage

Thursday, May 5th 2016, 3:48pm

Just bad instance design, pretty much requiring burn or die methods (at least 90 and below). And +20 jewels is one of the methods that help you with that. Other one is playing FoTM which is simply a bad game design. or ingenuity for the developers to make lots of money. :pillepalle:
Maybe when hardmode instances become strat heavy and do not require burning, then maybe +16 gear will be suffice. hey how knows, maybe the reason why +20 jewels are so hard to obtain now is because they want to put an end to this madness! one can only hope :(

these endgame "whales" you know must be like the loch ness monster for me. Because the people i know who are endgame don't pay a dime to maintain their endgame status (coe/bp endgame) and the people who are "whales" are low/mid-gamers.
Osha Erebos - Evilempires
Shaynoff R/S/M (98/98/85)
Rakalaka M/P/L (98/98/98)
Ffonyahs Wd/W/S (98/98/98)