You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ruisen2000

not a wallet warrior

• "ruisen2000" started this thread

Mood: Blink

Monday, August 15th 2016, 6:23am

Being able to log back inside the instance

If 11 of the party members are already in the 12 man instance, if you crash and log back in, you'll be sent to the rez stone. If would be nice if you could log in and still be in the instance.
Noblewarrior
lv 98/98/89/60 M/W/P/K
Kikosi 98/50/60 Wl/Ch/M
the fail clothie tank~

Inactive

Monday, August 15th 2016, 7:11am

This has to be the longest running bug in-game that hasn't been fixed because we all just put up with it.

Seriously, there is no way that logging back outside is on purpose.

Unless of course, RW HQ is full of griefers: "What can we do to make playing the game more unpleasant?"
Magío • Mithras

Inferiority

Professional

Monday, August 15th 2016, 7:39am

I've noticed that there seems to be a time-limit involved here - if you can log back in quickly enough, you can sometimes land inside the instance.

Something else I've noticed that seems to incrase the chance of loggin back inside the instance, is your channel selection. If you were playing on channel 3, try loggin back in on channel 3 - even though there's no channels inside the instances. I have noticed that this seems to increase my chance at logging in inside the instance. Again, speed also seems to be a factor.

None of that is guaranteed to work, but is just a couple of observations in my almost-8-years of playing RoM.
Inferiority Complex - Original wearer of the Snow Combat Drum!
Mage/Priest on Erebos // Warrior/Rogue (and millions of alts) on Aurora & Agenor
http://romhiddenquests.ml/ // RoM Client & Patches Manual Download
Everyone's name is better than mine! :(

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Inferiority" (Aug 15th 2016, 7:54pm)

Monday, August 15th 2016, 9:05pm

And the fix is probably to change somewhere in the code wrong "if (numPlayersInInstance >= 12)" to correct "if (numPlayersInInstance > 12)"... :dash:

If RW can't find this condition I can send my 10 years old nephew for a couple of hours to help them find this spot in the code :lol:
>>>> >>>> >>>>
>>>>
>>>> Please, bring back (bound if there is no other option) dias to AH! :thumbsup:
>>>> If you do this we will all love you forever. ;)
>>>>
>>>> >>>> >>>>

aardvark3

Professional

Tuesday, August 16th 2016, 1:39pm

Maybe it would just be easier to fix the constant crashes that happen in the instances. But we know that will never happen.

Tuesday, August 30th 2016, 7:47pm

Can we get clarification on this?

Is it a bug? Is it intended? And if it is intended... WHY??? Specially with the bad d/c's and game crashes this game has.

After a bit of brainstorming I believe I found what could be the issue.

Full instance (12/12). If someone logged off/crashed/whatever and someone else came in to fill that 12th spot, then the d/c person re-logged then that would be the issue? My belief is, this logging back outside is a really lazy way to tackle the above scenario.

Anyways... clarification please. Crashing because the game's coding is garbage and having to run back is a pain... *remembers Hall of Earth* *shivers*
Magío • Mithras

Thursday, September 1st 2016, 7:58pm

Full instance (12/12). If someone logged off/crashed/whatever and someone else came in to fill that 12th spot, then the d/c person re-logged then that would be the issue?
Yes, this was our theory above. :thumbsup:
My belief is, this logging back outside is a really lazy way to tackle the above scenario.
I don't agree, it is a perfectly valid choice of how to handle this situation.

It's just that without seeing the code you can almost certainly guess what the bug is. Instead of correct

Source code

if (#ppl in the instance after you log in > max for this instance) then
    kick out to resp
else
    allow logging in the instance
(which for HM would keep you in the instance if you are the 10th, 11th, 12th, but kick you out if you are the 13th, 14th etc.) they have almost certainly something like

Source code

if (#ppl in the instance after you log in >= max for this instance) then
    kick out to resp
else
    allow logging in the instance
which behaves the same if you are 10th, 11th (keep) or 13th, 15th (kick out), but ... wrongly kicks you out to resp if you are the 12th (which is a legit. situation and you should be allowed to log in in the instance just as you are allowed when you are the 11th member of the pt inside the instance).

Just one character difference (">" vs ">=") but so annoying result. :cursing:

if you can log back in quickly enough, you can sometimes land inside the instance
Yep, this observation makes it a tad more complex. Still: kicking out "over load" ppl to resp upon logging in is such a well defined piece of logic that it has to take just a couple of minutes to find the code responsible for it. And - almost certainly the bug is just a typo ">" vs ">=" (or "<=" vs "<").

Crashing [...] and having to run back is a pain...
Could not agree more.

Yep, we lost hope: you cannot fix the fact that the game crashes. Fine. Could you please, please, please at least make a tiny effort to make crashing less annoying? Esp. in this kind of situation which is so well defined and the fix almost has to be super simple... :love:
>>>> >>>> >>>>
>>>>
>>>> Please, bring back (bound if there is no other option) dias to AH! :thumbsup:
>>>> If you do this we will all love you forever. ;)
>>>>
>>>> >>>> >>>>