You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ruisen2000

not a wallet warrior

• "ruisen2000" started this thread

Mood: Blink

Saturday, January 7th 2017, 10:39pm

Fire Training animation is not hidden by Hide Effect of Other Players

Title: Fire Training animation is not hidden by Hide Effect of Other Players

Description: Even if you have Hide Effect of Other Players turned on, if you are the person casting Fire Training, the spell effect on other players is not hidden.

Server: all

Screenshot(s):
Noblewarrior
lv 98/98/89/60 M/W/P/K
Kikosi 98/50/60 Wl/Ch/M
the fail clothie tank~

Inactive

Saturday, January 7th 2017, 10:59pm

Yes this is because it's your spell effect. This isn't really a bug. All aoe buffs/skills work this way.
Borella - 100 W/M/S/R/P/K
VVV
If you play P/K in instances you're garbage

Sarkas

Event Manager

Mood: W00t

Monday, January 9th 2017, 1:40am

Any spell casted by you is visible for you so technically it's your effect

I can haz party hat - Runes of Magic US Event Manager & Super Game Master
Support | RoM Terms of Service | RoM Forum Rules

Quoted

[13:53] <@Kiranos> afdösfdjksfads
[13:53] <@Kiranos> that was my head hitting the keyboard

Monday, January 9th 2017, 3:35am

In your opinion, do you think we'll get an option to hide our own spell effects (with the exception of attacks)? I think people have already filed this suggestion before, but I'm asking for your opinion Sarkas. Should we just get used to it and deal with it, or is there a possibility that RW will add in that feature? Please provide an explanation for your answer as well :)
New Sig Eventually

I Solo'd Horatio Tia 7-28-2012

ruisen2000

not a wallet warrior

• "ruisen2000" started this thread

Mood: Blink

Monday, January 9th 2017, 6:07am

Can we get a fix on the spell lag on Fire taining then? It is ridiculously laggy and there is no way to get rid of it if you're the one casting it.
Noblewarrior
lv 98/98/89/60 M/W/P/K
Kikosi 98/50/60 Wl/Ch/M
the fail clothie tank~

Inactive

Monday, January 9th 2017, 8:26am

There is, just not legally, so a huge agreement from me to be able to remove own player effects too.
99/99/99/99/99/99 W/WD/S/D/R/M

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Cenre" (Jan 9th 2017, 9:06am)

Sarkas

Event Manager

Mood: W00t

Monday, January 9th 2017, 12:47pm

In your opinion, do you think we'll get an option to hide our own spell effects (with the exception of attacks)? I think people have already filed this suggestion before, but I'm asking for your opinion Sarkas. Should we just get used to it and deal with it, or is there a possibility that RW will add in that feature? Please provide an explanation for your answer as well :)

Not going to repeat myself over and over again :)

Here's the answer to your questions:

FAQ for Suggestions
Suggestions - Rules

I can haz party hat - Runes of Magic US Event Manager & Super Game Master
Support | RoM Terms of Service | RoM Forum Rules

Quoted

[13:53] <@Kiranos> afdösfdjksfads
[13:53] <@Kiranos> that was my head hitting the keyboard

Monday, January 9th 2017, 6:48pm

I'm sorry Sarkas, but the answer to my question was not found in those 2 links your provided.

I am not making a suggestion here as it has already been made before by others.

I'm directly asking you a question with an A or B answer along with asking you to explain your answer with your opinion. Let me rephrase the question with an addition answer choice. Keep in mind that I'm not looking for an official statement, but rather your opinion as a member of this community.

A.) Get used to the fire training animation. They're not going to add the option to remove it because.....

B.) There is a possibility that they will create an option to remove those effects and I believe they will eventually because.....

C.) I have an answer and opinion, but I cannot say for specific reasons I choose not to disclose.
New Sig Eventually

I Solo'd Horatio Tia 7-28-2012

Aqualink

Team Manager

Mood: Mellow

Monday, January 9th 2017, 11:44pm

I'm sorry Sarkas, but the answer to my question was not found in those 2 links your provided.

I am not making a suggestion here as it has already been made before by others.

I'm directly asking you a question with an A or B answer along with asking you to explain your answer with your opinion. Let me rephrase the question with an addition answer choice. Keep in mind that I'm not looking for an official statement, but rather your opinion as a member of this community.

A.) Get used to the fire training animation. They're not going to add the option to remove it because.....

B.) There is a possibility that they will create an option to remove those effects and I believe they will eventually because.....

C.) I have an answer and opinion, but I cannot say for specific reasons I choose not to disclose.

The point that Sarkas was trying to make was that

A) This is not a suggestion forum.
B) Sarkas was pointing you in the direction of the suggestion forum and its rules to properly make a suggestion so that we can forward it completely.

Also, in our opinion, it should be properly made a suggestion so that it can be implemented. Asking us our opinion will get you nowhere, as we don't answer these kinds of posts. Before too long someone 6 months from now will quote us directly saying "GM SARKAS MADE THIS OFFICIAL DROP DEAD WORD HERE THAT ABCXYD WILL NEVER BE FIXED OMG GM'S DON'T LISTEN TO US AS ALL QQQQQQQ" even though it was indeed our opinion as was requested.

Don't say it won't happen - because it has happened. Many times.

Support this way ; RoM Terms of Service ; RoM Forum Rules
Runes of Magic US Team Manager
Thanks to burd for prettiful avatar <3