You are not logged in.

Applications: [GameMaster: OPEN] | [Volunteer Testers: OPEN]

/!\ We have moved to a new board. Come join us. This board is now in "archive" (read-only mode). /!\

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, November 21st 2016, 10:34pm

Armed Guard Costume in Mooonlight Circus not working

Title: Armed Guard Costume in Mooonlight Circus not working

Description: In the Magical Reconstruction questline, a player needs to pass the barrier in Moonlight Circus to enter the basement of the circus. For that, one must put on an Armed Guard Costume in the wagon near the barrier and after that the barrier will be disabled. The problem is that my character (a dwarf and a pretty small one) is experiencing difficulties with it, because the costume stays on only for one second or less, meaning that I won't be able to run to the barrier with the time given and pass it. I cannot quest forward, because of this glitch... :(

Server: Mithras

Screenshot(s):

Tuesday, November 22nd 2016, 2:24am

you have to be in an 'out of sight' area to put it on. Try putting it on inside the covered wagon and in the alcove behind the stairs.

Sarkas

Event Manager

Mood: W00t

Tuesday, November 22nd 2016, 6:04am

Check if you have any buffs that cancels the costume. Most common issue though is the haidon buff, which is an invisible one. You get it by donating gold in the donation phase of the arcanium arena. If you have this particular buff, you can either wait untill this phase is over or submit a ticket to have it removed.

I can haz party hat - Runes of Magic US Event Manager & Super Game Master
Support | RoM Terms of Service | RoM Forum Rules

Quoted

[13:53] <@Kiranos> afdösfdjksfads
[13:53] <@Kiranos> that was my head hitting the keyboard

Tuesday, November 22nd 2016, 9:43am

Contacted support and they advices me to do the same thing...The thing is I have no buffs on, and I've tried almost everything. The problem isn not in my client either, because this same action is working perfectly with my other character. Here's a video of the problem, might as well call it a glitch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH5OHu7lWQU&feature=youtu.be

Tuesday, November 22nd 2016, 7:00pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH5OHu7lWQU - Here's what's happening to me with the Armed Guard Costume. I think it's a somekind of a glitch...

Wednesday, November 23rd 2016, 10:12am

Sarkas, but if this is the way you describe it, it is still a bug (albeit minor if can be worked around by players by cancelling buffs), and should be investigated and forwarded, right?
>>>> >>>> >>>>
>>>>
>>>> Please, bring back (bound if there is no other option) dias to AH! :thumbsup:
>>>> If you do this we will all love you forever. ;)
>>>>
>>>> >>>> >>>>

Friday, March 17th 2017, 11:58pm

Just got exact same bug. And as this is a 3x exp weekend, it's pretty bad to not be able to advance.

I'm also a small dwarf, only buffs I have active are : Mount speed from guild castle, angel sigh and frog mania from this festival...

Tried reloging, tried trash costume and get a new one, nothing works :(
:cursing:

Kiranos

Trainee

• "Kiranos" has been banned

Saturday, March 18th 2017, 12:26am

Would suggest a duel to try to remove the invisible haidon buff. If still doesn't work please contact our support.
http://support.us.runesofmagic.gameforge.com/

Saturday, March 18th 2017, 12:50am

haidon buff isnt only thing causing this, have had chars before that never touched haidon questline that was thrown out of transform/invis.
99/99/99/99/99/99 W/WD/S/D/R/M

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Cenre" (Mar 18th 2017, 5:27pm)

Saturday, March 18th 2017, 3:58am

make sure you dont have any dwarf buffs on, i believe saces fury will cause you to pop out of the costume
Zymologist wl/ch/m/p
Matronmalice p/s/m
Ceviche wl/ch

Sunday, March 19th 2017, 1:34am

Still same issue, even after dying multiple times in a instance ( so whatever buffs should be gone ).

It would not be that bad if quest was mandatory, but it's in fact part of the "story", and having dwarvs stuck there is a bit sad.

Guess I will submit a ticket but wonder how they will fix it. Flick switchs around to make game thing that perticular char "cleared" the 3-4 circus quests he can't have access to ?

Sunday, March 19th 2017, 2:07am

There are plenty of buffs you might be using that could remove it. Shield form is one (removes transformations). Try doing it with no buffs on at all.
Rovie wd/w/s/
Fiddydamage c/r/wl/p/m
Corruption
Artemis
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvw3IXqDgHoaK0lHJnyqBJQ vids of stuff

Sunday, March 19th 2017, 9:51am

No, they will simply clear all your buffs, removing every invisible buff that could be causing an issue

Yrcanos

The Dungeon Keeper

Sunday, March 19th 2017, 10:28am

No, they will simply clear all your buffs, removing every invisible buff that could be causing an issue

Aye, we have the ability to remove every single buff you have applied to your character, even the invisible ones. The best case I can see here is to open a ticket and let us know all the details and we can proceed with this solution.
The downside of this, is that it will also clear any buffs you have gained from Item Shop items (riding speed, xp/tp/loot buff, etc.) so you need to be absolutely certain you want this to happen.

Sunday, March 19th 2017, 4:59pm

I am now unstuck, ty so much !!

Upon logging in saw the Haidon buff (which wasnt showing yesterday) and went straight to circus to test and all is perfect. Ty for rather quick resolve !

Sunday, March 19th 2017, 5:18pm

Most likely the phase switched to the next one, and so the invisible buff which is used to track the haidon gift buffs was no longer needed and removed, hence allowing you to continue.

Sarkas

Event Manager

Mood: W00t

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 7:27am

Small correction, we can remove single buffs, even invisible ones :)

Also I heard that this game dislikes dwarf classes when it comes to throw off buffs that are supposed to stay. So if you are a dwarf, try (if possible) to do the quest with a class that isn't race specific.

I can haz party hat - Runes of Magic US Event Manager & Super Game Master
Support | RoM Terms of Service | RoM Forum Rules

Quoted

[13:53] <@Kiranos> afdösfdjksfads
[13:53] <@Kiranos> that was my head hitting the keyboard

Rougetopriest

Professional

Mood: Squint

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 3:33pm

Ye I love my invis potion only working for 2 seconds max on my dwarf >.>
Siege War Videos :)

Semi-Retired

~Zen

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 4:45pm

Issue is not just with dwarves, had this issue many times on my elf when i was active, including times when hoe was not even an issue.