You are not logged in.

Thursday, March 30th 2017, 10:02pm

Old Player Returning

I want to come back to playing ROM after years, finally recovered my password and account information, signed in, to see my character is gone? I was an endgame player from Reni back in the day, spent hundreds on ROM, is there any way I can recover him? He's the only reason I would like to return. Spent so much time and money on him, and probably more when I return, but it would break my heart if I can't recover him.

Heron

Game Administrator

Thursday, March 30th 2017, 11:07pm

If the character was erased in the merge, then he's gone. Many have asked, and unfortunately there's nothing else to do. All I can suggest is to contact support by ticket to be sure that the character is actually gone, and not simply stored on some other (successfully merged) account.

FarmerTom

Professional

Thursday, March 30th 2017, 11:10pm

Unfortunately not sir, they merged all servors and sent out emails to all accounts months in preparation for the merge, unfortunately a lot did lose their accounts.

But if you can make a new toon, dont level it past 30, and you can possibly find a pwrlvler that can get you to 70/60 easily, maybe even 70/70/70 on a xp event or something, hope it helps friend.
Misguidedknight 72S/72K/70R Retired
Cerburus 100Wd/100S/100W/100R/100D/70M
Misguided 100CH/100R/100M/68WL/88P/52W
Sober 100K/60P/60W <-best toon name for anyone that knows me :)

Once proud co-leader of Exiled Demon Horde.
Been on multiple servors
Started playing around lvl 55 Cap...

Easycompany

Friday, March 31st 2017, 12:24am

This is very sad to hear. Thanks for the help but there's no point in making a new account. It's not about the levels, that's the easy part. I had some of the best gear in the game before quitting, our guild Heretic did all of the endgame bosses, spent hundreds and hundreds of wipes together, especially fighting Annelia(I think that's what her name was). I was a part of the first group that completed her. All those memories just won't be the same on another account. Unless they can somehow recreate the character I had, I'm sure it would benefit them too, adding another customer, but that won't happen in a hundred years. Anyways, good to hear ROM is still going, have fun all!

Friday, March 31st 2017, 1:12am

i was on reni in those days....and really your gear from then isn't much good now all your plussing jewels are not worth anything now either.
if i were you i would re-create your old toon and login and see if you still want to play.
Zymologist wl/ch/m/p
Matronmalice p/s/m
Ceviche wl/ch

Friday, March 31st 2017, 2:10am

Is it even worth trying to start over at this point? How is the game doing with endgame players & population? Is it like the good old days or is it quiet?

Friday, March 31st 2017, 4:17am

What was your toon's name? Wondering if I knew you because I was also from Reni
New Sig Eventually

I Solo'd Horatio Tia 7-28-2012

Friday, March 31st 2017, 8:20am

It is quiet, but on Mithras (the server reni is now apart of) has 2 groups attempting the newest instance (realeased on tuesday). Not sure about how many groups the other server has.

Game isn't in a bad place tbh. Making decent new gear isn't hard if you are willing to make a non-endgame set to get you running content, and some classes are very effective with very minimal equipment. Just players have left over the years for many reasons, and not too many incentives for players to start from scratch here knowing thre are other alternatives (games) out there.
Rovie wd/w/s/
Fiddydamage c/r/wl/p/m
Corruption
Artemis
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvw3IXqDgHoaK0lHJnyqBJQ vids of stuff