You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, April 9th 2017, 8:29pm

Issues with Manual Install

Okay, so after several failed attempts at trying to install RoM through Gameforge I am now attempting to install manually. I got all the .BIN files, they are all the correct size but I am still getting 'corrupted file errors'. This is starting to drive me nuts! What am I missing? Thanks in advance!
dezzyscrilla has attached the following image:
  • rom.JPG

Yrcanos

The Dungeon Keeper

Monday, April 10th 2017, 2:57pm

Try again but disable your anti-virus during the install & patch process.

If that doesn't work, please attach a screenshot of your downloaded files but in 'Details' view.

Tuesday, May 16th 2017, 8:52am

End of My Rope

I am having the same problem, and have tried disabling my AV/Firewall/Real-Time Scanning completely, and running as admin, and even using the links from another person's signature, but even when I click on the RoM icon, it just opens the GFL window, and acts as if it is a fresh install, which OF COURSE fails at the 34% mark with and error with X-file in such-and-such location saying the source is corrupt!

I just want to play the game!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :!: :dash: :dash: :dash: :dash: :dash:

Tuesday, May 16th 2017, 7:47pm

Refer to the latest post on this thread. It may help.

http://board.us.runesofmagic.gameforge.c…ues/#post667731

Follow the link in his signature
New Sig Eventually

I Solo'd Horatio Tia 7-28-2012

Inferiority

Professional

Tuesday, May 16th 2017, 11:29pm

I've said it elsewhere, but it appears Gameforge are trying to stop manual downloads and installs.
Your best option is to use GameforgeLive to download and install (disable your antivirus and other security softwares) but as mentioned, you can still get Manual Downloads for install and patches from the link in my signature.
Make sure you read the page carefully as the installer will be looking for GameforgeLive when you install.
Also, be sure to make sure you have all the downloaded files at the correct size, as this can lead to the error you've been receiving.
Inferiority Complex - Original wearer of the Snow Combat Drum!
Mage/Priest on Erebos // Warrior/Rogue (and millions of alts) on Aurora & Agenor
http://romhiddenquests.ml/ // RoM Client & Patches Manual Download
Everyone's name is better than mine! :(