You are not logged in.

Tuesday, October 24th 2017, 5:14am

This is us, as a community, complaining about a serious issue. Please take us seriously, this is not acceptable service from a company, if they are only having GM's reading the forums it's up to you guys to yell at them for us. You need to yell loud, apparently, since they never listen to anyone when it comes to fixing siege. Explain to them they have ZERO good will built up with the community, thanks to ignoring the obvious issues, and ignoring us, the consumer. Then tell them to- Language, Lady :thumbdown:
Ladydeth --- Corruption/Artemis --- R/K ---

Heron

Game Administrator

Tuesday, October 24th 2017, 7:35pm

Did you convince yourself that if only a GM would stomp their foot a bit harder, or yell a bit louder, then the people responsible for a fix would just sit up and stop withholding a solution? Then allow me correct your understanding:

You say that this is a serious issue, that it's unacceptable treatment of players to ignore them? No one in this thread or anywhere has suggested otherwise - we DO take it seriously. Remember that we ourselves are players, and we are also irritated and inconvenienced by the bugs that have plagued the community of late.

You say that we, your team, need to explain that the community has a lack-of-goodwill issue? We do. Yell at "them" for you? We DO. Loudly? WE DO.

Every f.... fabulous morning I log into IRC, and what do I see? Rakymos prodding "Any news on fix for vault permissions? no? how about siege war errors, any news there? no? any idea how soon we might know?" I see Grimthar of the testers with the "when are we getting a hotfix for an improved instance before going live? today? tomorrow? soon?!" so that he and his team can burn up their weekend testing instance fixes. Every single day, it's like they have a checklist. As well, I see other teamlers asking for updates on troubles like 'why isn't the mailbox event working?' and 'when will we get a fix for the broken last quest/title of Korris?', with a heaping helping of 'you KNOW this doesn't help our population problems, RIGHT?!' And this is in addition to regularly scheduled requests like 'please review this halloween event for loots-approval', and 'please help $player with their reimbursement'.

Throughout the day and night I see requests from Sarkas, Aqualink, and others: 'note to sysadmin, please reboot zones $list for script fixes' to keep buggy areas functioning smoothly during the XP event. About every 2 days we ask 'please reboot siege and castle zones to prevent unplayable crashing'. This is why ANY of your sieges are playable AT ALL - last night there were apparently two glitched matches, and if we left it longer than about two days between reboots all the matchups would be glitched, as you have seen last night and on other occasions. This is unfortunately also contributing to the vault errors - every time the castle zone reboots the permissions reset, for reasons unknown. Thus, we walk a line between too many reboots and too few.

But you don't see any of that. You see a few irritating bugged out siege matches per week, and vault settings that mysteriously won't. Stay. PUT. And you decide to come here and demand that we try harder on your behalf.

Bah humbug.

If you convinced yourself that only the GMs read the forums, I won't argue with you. It's nearly true. But in this case I will thank you not to swear at the team you do have access to.

Bakken

Professional

Tuesday, October 24th 2017, 8:16pm

Hearing that there's so much yelling and checking going on isn't relieving it's more worrying because none of these things have been fixed in all this time. It shows how much the company cares about this game now and everyone can see it. I can't blame people for being upset while paying a lot into the game and watching their friends leave over little bugs that any real dev team would be able to handle within the day.

From the consumer side it's like everyone here is paying for a broken product.

Companies fault not customer service but someone has to speak for them. If a bunch of people got broken xboxs from walmart think they would all be calm with the people at the desks? lol

Heron

Game Administrator

Tuesday, October 24th 2017, 8:38pm

If hearing the extent of our efforts causes you still more unhappiness, there's always the stock response: "yes, it's reported. they're working on it. we'll let you know when status changes."

but we all know how well that is received by the community.

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests