You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic US / AU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, May 25th 2017, 2:25am

MultiPlayer instances

Now that the game is on life support with no new players.

Any plans on changing multiplayer instances to single player instances?

Thursday, May 25th 2017, 2:47am

What will the loot be, what will be the objective of these inis and if it's to kill stuff, how will classes like druid or priest clear
Radium (Jackiechamp)
Quisty
Mearkin
VVV Reni

YouTube

Thursday, May 25th 2017, 3:31am

You literally suggested the biggest band-aid fix I've ever heard of. It's so much more work for little gain. Either actually fix the game or let it die and move on.
Magío • Mithras

Thursday, May 25th 2017, 9:50am

making 6man ini's instead of 12man ini's would make ini's more runnable again aswell with this amount of players, or make normal mode atleast usefull by dropping good stats

Thursday, May 25th 2017, 7:30pm

They've already got single player instances for people. It's called mini games, goblin games, drill grounds, mirror world, and dreamland. I hear most people who don't or can't run 12 man instances do these all day instead and actually enjoy them.
Maimed - S/WD(R)(W)(M)(D) Wallet/Warrior

Auros

Professional

Mood: Mellow

Thursday, May 25th 2017, 9:07pm

AFAIK there is nothing stopping the OP from entering any instance by himself.
Govinda P/W/K/M 100x4 :pump:
Wl/R/M/Ch 100x4 :borg:
Wd/W/S 100/100/69 oh gawd, not again :pinch: ... and numerous others Semi-retired :pillepalle:
W/M 100/100 Glass cannon

Thursday, May 25th 2017, 10:22pm

AFAIK there is nothing stopping the OP from entering any instance by himself
Some instances have strats which require multiple players. The first one to come to mind is the Colors boss in HOS. There is one further along the levels requiring you to light four matches simultaneously to see the archer chick. I don't know the names of them very well as my interests in the game really isn't running dungeons. There are some UBER players that solo easy and even normal mode on some of the higher instances. The problem is you have to run in groups to get the gear to get OP. On Erebos there seems to be a number of late night runs. I am usually ready for bed on the east coast at that time, so don't go on a lot of runs.

You people going on about the game being dead is kind of a self-fulfilling prophesy. When I am looking for new games to try, I usually visit the forums to see what vibe I get from the players. The vibe in this forum is kind of "warm up the hearse". I wish you would stop, but then if wishes were horses, beggars would ride.

But back to the main theme of the thread. How do you convert a multiplayer to a single player instance? I suppose you could nerf the mobs and bosses down to feasible, and reduce the frequency that the purple-level gear falls. You would still have to make the same number of runs to get the stuff you want, and could also leave the 6-man and 12-man instances of the same runs intact. This way folks like me whose schedules don't match the rest of the players can run and get gear for both main and alts.... well hey. I think I just decided I like this idea. Leave it like it is, with hard, normal, and easy modes, but add an option for solo mode. :cool:
Grumpdaddy-99/99/75 r/w/s Erebos
Grumpmama 99/99 m/r
Littlegrump 99/99/50 k/p/m
Grumptwo 99/99 r/k
Sneezzy 99/99 m/wl

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Grumpdaddy" (May 25th 2017, 10:29pm)

Saturday, May 27th 2017, 6:13pm

They should have made 1 man instances just to complete questlines>
Who cares what the drops are

Auros

Professional

Mood: Mellow

Tuesday, May 30th 2017, 4:47pm

I think what you are saying is move all the quests to easy mode. That should be doable. Quests on Easy and gear on Hard.
Govinda P/W/K/M 100x4 :pump:
Wl/R/M/Ch 100x4 :borg:
Wd/W/S 100/100/69 oh gawd, not again :pinch: ... and numerous others Semi-retired :pillepalle:
W/M 100/100 Glass cannon

Thursday, June 1st 2017, 11:59am

Or put an NPC outside just to complete the quest

I was going to say they need to figure something out so newbies can get those instances done, but then there aren't any newbies

Thursday, June 1st 2017, 5:37pm

Those quests aren't necessary for advancing.

Belathis was the only place where it was necessary and they did put an NPC outside. Which was lame af considering you could complete them in ez mode.
Magío • Mithras

Thursday, June 1st 2017, 5:40pm

I think runewaker finally realised that not everyone can do the instances, and as such the last 2 zones have got a skip option for quest - however by doing so you miss out on a title.

Sadly they didn't make the quest possible to complete in korris without skipping with npc, cause you know, runewaker. Hope it's fixed soon.
99/99/99/99/99/99 W/WD/S/D/R/M

Tuesday, June 6th 2017, 12:31pm

Those quests aren't necessary for advancing.
Who needs advancement? Everyone on the public ROM server is level capped anyway.
And it'll be another year before they increase it again
I just want to complete them

Tuesday, June 6th 2017, 10:15pm

I think what you are saying is move all the quests to easy mode. That should be doable. Quests on Easy and gear on Hard.
Not exactly what is meant, or at least by me. Even in easy mode you cannot complete the last 2 bosses in HoS because you cannot do all 4 crystals by yourself. It needs a party. Leave hard, normal and easy modes as they are, add a 4th mode that you have to select. This mode should allow folks to run without strategies that require four people to light a torch, or 1 to tank the boss while 4 more run to the crystals, or whatever it is you have to do that requires a group. Make it hard enough that you have to be well-geared but not necessarily OP end-gamer geared. Adjust it so a hard-mode purple gear piece drops only about 20% of the time, so you have the same odds of getting it as if you were greeding in a 5 man run. Or maybe 18% of the time so your odds are the same as if you are greeding in a party of 6. If you get a piece that is wrong for your class, you can unbind it for the AH or for an alt. It would probably bring gear prices down in the AH, and allow a player who is on a weird schedule, or who likes the challenge of soloing stuff, to get geared.

Right now I can clear RT bronze solo, and probably silver tho I have not tried. I can solo KBN easy if I go slow, because those stupid massive death AOEs are brutal. Just remove that for solo mode and anyone at level 92 should be able to run it solo. Or even dumb-down hard-mode, but only when you go in alone do you get the dumb-downed version. so i can finish the quests. RuneWaker should be able to add single-player mode to another instance every few weeks. The coding should not be particularly challenging.

Yes, we now have instances DESIGNED as single-player, but they don't give TP or gear. The cenedrils are nice, I guess, but mine vanished a few days after I finished them. I don't know whether they are supposed to or not, but it takes a ton of transmutor charges and i don't want to bother again.

Give me hard -mode gear one time out of 6 on each boss in the instance, and I can run it until I have the set-skill or the gear set. It doesn't even have to be gear out of the same class or set one time out of six. If I run Sardo-Solo mode twice a day for two months, I will end up with an OD set eventually. I can stat that one up, put it on and move up to the next solo-mode instance.

Gameforge will end up selling a ton of ABLs for people to sell or shift gear to alts, so it benefits the players and GF. Win-Win :)
Grumpdaddy-99/99/75 r/w/s Erebos
Grumpmama 99/99 m/r
Littlegrump 99/99/50 k/p/m
Grumptwo 99/99 r/k
Sneezzy 99/99 m/wl